Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

can i run 100 shot without kpro?

Tags
100 kpro run shot
9K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  dulichcoto 
#1 ·
i really want to run a direct port 100 shot on my car...would i b able to with out kpro?:(

#2 ·
Why would you? To cheap to buy kpro and make sure everything runs correctly? Or just excited to blow some shit up? lol

You can run all the nitrous in the world without kpro... you can do any mods you want without kpro. Is it going to run the best? Probably not.. is it going to be the safest? Maybe not.. Your choice though

#4 ·
u do know that installing kpro is like...5 minutes of work right? and it doesn't require you to install pistons and cams to work.

do u understand how to make a nitrous system work? you need to retard ignition for nitrous. especially with that big a shot.

#5 ·
ive never really messed with a k series this is my first..ive only built b series and so on...and yes i understand how nitrious works i just dont understand the whole kpro ecu..it seems to me that every mod besides basic bolt ons requires you to tune the kpro..

#6 ·
ah i see. yes kpro ALLOWS you to tune everything. but if your car is stock-ish, it does not REQUIRE you to. there are already well developed tunes for stock, cai, i/h/e setups that will get you running in less than 5 minutes.

for nitrous/boost/cams, u would def need some actual dyno and street tuning. but for basic boltons, the supplied factory tunes will do just fine.

go to the ECU Tuning forum and read the stickies.

#9 ·
oh no doubt u can do it. it's living dangerously and if you're into that, good luck to ya. but most ppl don't want to blow their motor and not care.

#16 ·
I wouldnt run dry unless your Kpro, since there is no way of adding the needed fuel. I think with a Zex kit you can hook up a vacuum line to a FPR and it'll apply pressure to the diaphram in the regulator and increase the fuel pressure and adding more fuel through the injectors.

#17 ·
If you already have Kpro just install it and start learning how to tune with it while the car is NA. Once you feel like you've got the hang of it, then run the nitrous. It should be very simple to pull a few degrees of timing and adjust fuel trims for added safety.

#18 ·
Here is that dudes 100 shot setup untuned stock Z3, taken from K20a.org
My setup. WON direct port setup. 100 shot for the time being.

Wow, my first post here.
Thanks for the kind welcome words.
The engine has approximately 230 HP with the usual bolt ons, but with stock ecu and catback. Add to that the 100 shot.
Up untill now I did approximately 80 1/4 mile passes with this setup without problems.
I want to install the hondata flashpro though. Right now as I`m writing this down I`m bidding on a used flashpro for sale on another forum lol. Hope this time I`m lucky.

#25 ·
50-100 wet shot without kpro is "safe"
It will be rich and you won't make as much power as a dry shot + krpo and tuning, but it will work and unless you are an idiot you won't blow anything up.

Window switch/WOT switch/proper jetting/a few dyno runs to make sure your AF:R is fine and a wetshot works great and is very cost effective

Just don't hit it too soon junior

#26 ·
I ran 12 passes on the direct port 100 shot a wet system with no probelm..untuned and with no kpro...my motor still feels the same and doesnt smoke or anything....only bad thing that happend was that my buddy tolted the rear end of his rsx either than that no problems what so ever..

#30 · (Edited)
As a rule of thumb you should retard 1 degree for every 10HP worth of nitrous you add. Can you run a 100 shot without management? Yes. Should you? No.

What are the consequences?
The significantly increased cylinder pressure increases the load tremendously on the rods and bearings leading to a much higher risk of failure. Through our landspeed racing program we have found we can sustain a continuous (minutes at a time) 140 shot on a built K20A2.

Lets put it this way.
Running a 100 shot of nitrous with stock ignition timing is much harder on your engine than an additional 100 HP with a turbo using stock ignition- and how many people here would run a turbo this way?

#33 ·
I ran 12 passes on the direct port 100 shot a wet system with no probelm..untuned and with no kpro...my motor still feels the same and doesnt smoke or anything....only bad thing that happend was that my buddy tolted the rear end of his rsx either than that no problems what so ever..
:stop:, you have been caught :shady:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.