Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

E85 and Direct port nitrous

7K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  ViNhXoNxAcCoRd 
#1 · (Edited)
whats up guys i have an 05 type s im in the process of doing my direct port nitrous set up, and im thinking of going E85 and a dual stage set up with a 50 shot as my first stage then a 25shot as my second stage. gving me a total off 75shot. right now my mods are cai/krrh/3"exh/rbc/kpro. I want to know how big of injectors i will need to run E85 and nitrous. alot of people say 1000 are the way to go. but i have someone selling some rc750s for a decent price. you think that will be sufficient enough ? i was told from brian on here who tunes cars it should be ok. but wanted a second opinion ?

#5 ·
I was just going off of RC's injector calculator. For 300whp (which I'm not 100% sure this setup would reach), 4 injectors, BSFC @ .75 to compensate for E85, and maximum 85% duty, it only requires about 700cc. so even at 80%, that would be 743 cc. This is with fuel pressure at 43.5psi. You could always turn that up a little as well and drop the duty that way. The 750's will be good especially if he is getting a deal. IMO anyway.

#10 ·
^ I do also agree with wheebz and teg as well. 75 shot will leave you itching for more lol. It's up to you TS. The 750s are a good deal but youll be $160 out if you want to upgrade later

#14 ·
^ Does changing Brake Specific Fuel Consumption not compensate for the larger amounts needed or does it only compensate for the larger particles?

And that is good to know :thumbsup: was completely unaware of the NEEDED pressure increase for e85. Does this mean TS needs an FPR for his setup to run properly?

#15 ·
no it isnt that you need more pressure to run it, most calculators out there are preset to 43.5psi, you need to plug 50psi in the box to get more accurate calculation. And that is something else, if you run a return line, you can crank your fuel pressure way up to cheat your injectors and run smaller. T1 recommends 90psi for optimal pressure on all motor setups. Im sure you could change the BSFC instead if you wanted though.

#18 ·
To everyone recommending 1000cc and bigger injectors:

With a 255, he's going to be limited by the pump, (4) 1000cc injectors will outflow a 255 at 50 psi so running ID2000's won't make a bit of difference. The pump is going to deliver ~390 lb/hr at 50 psi and that's it. So with ID1000's, he'll start losing pressure around 95% duty. With ID2000's, he'll start losing presssure at ~48% duty. But he'll be delivering the same amount of fuel in either case.

Technically, he should run the 750's since he'll max out the injectors before he max's out the pump (the safest way to set up a fuel system). In this case, if he ran out of fuel, he could turn up the pressure.

Personally, I'd run the ID1000's for the better spray parttern and low pw characteristics, but you should definitely monitor fuel pressure with this set-up because the injectors will outflow the pump.

#25 ·
I maxed my ID1000s out at 260whp with stock pump and E85. So yes sir you do need to get bigger pump if your planning on spraying, might be ok NA on stock pump if your tuner cant tune very well, lol, Im sure you will be over 260whp.

#26 ·
How is that possible? People run the stock pump all the way up to 400whp on 93 octane. On my old 750's I was only around 64% duty cycle when I was at 312whp and still on 93 octane.

Maybe your stock pump was on it's way out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.