Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Running a 75 wet shot misfire??

5K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  239KING_RSX 
#1 ·
I'm running a 75 wet shot in my rsx-s with NGK IRIDIUM IX Spark Plugs BKR8EIX, and when i spray pulls hard to 6k and then just won't go over 6k and throws a misfire code. Think the plugs are the issue?

#5 ·
They come pre-gapped and it's not recommended to gap them because the electrode is fragile. I'm running the same plugs with a bigger shot and haven't had any problems.

If the plugs look ok, and the compression tests good it could be a faulty coil pack.

#7 ·
Switching to copper plugs is not going to help you. So don't waste your time. Something else is causing the misfire. I dyno'd 312whp on a DynoJet with a total shot of 130bhp(105whp).

What mods are you running and how are you doing your tuning?

#8 ·
Running dc race header, greddy exhaust, aem v2 intake, and hondata reflash. Another think is the temp sensor code came up. I'm thinking maybe the nitrous is messing with that sensor but would that cause cause the problem?

#10 ·
No wonder you're having problems. The reflash adds timing. I sprayed a wet 75shot before I got Kpro, but it was on stock timing. The reason your car wouldn't go above 6000rpms was because it was detonating. You're lucky you didn't blow up your car. If I was you, I would not even spray the 55shot with your current setup. Its a known fact that a race header with the reflash will lean the car out toooo much. Do you have a wideband in the car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.