Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

just put a nitrous kit on my DC5R

10K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  Snakelly 
#1 ·
Just finish putting the kit on and waiting till next check to fill up the tank to test it out I'm running a 75 shot. So anyone running a 75 shot on a DC5R I'm anxious to what it can do LMK:vtec:

#7 ·
75 is possible with a wet kit but thats a lot more than you think. I would suggest you start with a smaller shot and work your way up. Realize its not just the motor,its the bang on the trans and clutch to. By the way, a 75 jet doesnt mean thats exactly what it will gain. We put a 150 shot on a mustang and it gained almost 185hp. jets are cheap. engines arent

#11 ·
I ran a ZEX Wet 75 shot for an entire Summer on stock clutch with no problems. Just make sure you don't spray at too low of an rpm, or beyond redline(fuel cut). I used an MSD window switch with mine to prevent that from happening.

#18 ·
You can spray under 6000rpms. I wouldn't spray below 4000 though. I have always had mine set to 4000-4500rpms and I've never had a problem.

As for pulling timing on a 50-75shot, stock timing is fine. AFR's should be ok as long the proper jets are used and the fuel system is in good working order.

#26 ·
i must have sprayed the most here with nitrous 215hp to be exact and sold my set up
instaled a bone stock motor with the exception 3 inch exhaust plm race header and those i kept from my last set up and also added hondata reflash that isnt recommended for race header and nitrous and guess what? the car made 220whp on a dynapck dyno and i missed the juice so i added + 85hp wet system on top of that and so far so good ...i have this set up almost a year and i have emptyed over 10 bottles and no problem

i enjoy this set up i love it ...

#28 ·
I installed a wet nitrous NOS system nothing out of the ordinary just something that i had laying around ,also instaled a heater blacket to keep pressure always to
1000-1050 psi and my reflash is tho old kind the one that they dont recomend with a race header...it works fine for me really happy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.