Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

first time nitrous

Tags
nitrous time
17K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  Dc5Dp 
#1 ·
so im really really thinking of putting the K on spray! i've been researching for quite a while now. seems like the older threads are when people say "YOU CANNOT PUT AN RSX ON NITROUS" then the newer threads and especially the sticky here, makes it seem like its as simple as installing a dry system and spraying your choice of up to a 100 shot. so heres a couple questions

1: you can use a 100 shot without kpro? :dontknow:

2: you can use nitrous without a tune/kpro? a stock ecu.

3: i saw a thread from 2005 saying you CANNOT run a wet system on an rsx because there is no fuel return? i plan on using a dry system.

#45 ·
Zex

To clearify everything until now you can run 50 (or lower) through 75 wet shot without a tune. that said like what everyone said "wet" is safer however if you're looking into the means of better controlling your nitrous then "dry" kit is the way to go. Reason being is because you are running the dry kit to KPRO so it can activate, add fuel, deactive upon set RPM redline, etc. I don't have KPRO BUT I do have KTUNER.

KTUNER doesn't offer the feats of KPRO oin nitrous but you can still tune your car (KTUNER is for 05-06 RSX-S but now available to other models even 02-04 RSX-S. You'll need the jumper harnest though vise versa to KPRO going to 05-06 RSX-S).

I'm currently running the same ZEX wet kit that I had in my EJ1 & AP1. I was on a 55 shot but now I'm on a 75-80 shot. Reason I said 75-80 is that to run 75 shot you must have a 41nitrous pill and 23fuel pill (on NOS fogger) while I'm on 42nitrous and 24fuel. If someone can tell me what shot that is that'll be awesome. My hunch is it's an 80 shot.

Look out for your A/F colder spark plug before you slap on the bottle, and PSI for both fuel rail and bottle. A gauge for both is your friend. All and all my K20Z1 is taking the laughing gas well on the slightly more 75 shot pill (80shot until someone corrects me), I'm going to datalog it sometime today and see where I stand with the rest of my nitrous peeps. I'm getting a tune on 100 shot hopefully before my B-DAY:vtec:

#46 ·
I had actually considered going Nitrous on my setup... Car makes great Power already NA but there is just no more power to be made from the engine without boosting it, or honing out the cylinders, anyone ever run nitrous on a high hp E85 setup with high compression and seen what a car has made before?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.