Converting the RSX to RWD. - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Converting the RSX to RWD.

Well, first of all i wanted to know if this has already been done on an RSX? i know there has been a bunch of talk about awd this, rwd that... We know there is at least one AWD rsx... and it's turbo at that. With that being said, I am to the point where i either quit and part out the car all together ... or make it RWD with an automatic transmission, ford 8.8 rear end and all that jazz.
I have a friend who owns a shop locally and he has been telling me that he is down to tackle this project if i had the balls to get it started... so here i am. I started doing my research.. and found out that there is someone who already has made a plate so that you can bolt up the transmission to the engine. He also made an adapter for the starter and for the flex plate. This custom plate will allow me to run a GM th400, th350 or a power glide (ding ding ding) with any converter made for those transmission, so that's a huge help... and i don't have to try to figure out how to sort that out. So with that being said, i have a lot to research and figure out to do. Looks like other people who have done this type of conversion on hondas, have relocated the steering rack and used a ford rack.
The plan for the rear would most likely be a built 8.8 with ladder bars.
Any input, information, help, constructive criticism is appreciated.
I am going to attempt it at least... as i am officially tired of the FWD game.

A couple of side notes that will hopefully save a lot of pointless replies:
*Yes i am aware that the car will not be that streetable if any at all.
*Yes i am aware that i will have to cut the car up.
*Yes i am aware that it will be a long and aggravating project.
*Yes i am aware that most of this will be custom work.
*Yes i am aware that it will be pretty expensive.
*Yes i am aware that making it AWD would be easier than rwd.
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.5@165 / 1.28 60ft

Last edited by JUANonJUAN; 11-17-2014 at 01:39 PM..
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
overlap king
Lick it or Flick it

overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with
Edit: Read the Thread as RHD not RWD..... Not sure if anyone has done it.

[SIGPIC]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/surfbig247/cp3_zpscxhn294t.png[/SIGPIC]
ThePremSocietyHotWhiteGFKrewHotTeaKrewTheGoodBlokeKrew

Last edited by overlap king; 11-17-2014 at 01:57 PM..
overlap king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Gotcha. Yeah, i wouldn't mind attempting to be the first one.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dude its gonna be 80% fab work... you know custom subframe... I would go with a ford rack with an adapter from our steering wheel... I can be mounted any config since it a custom sub.... cut that wall and make room... glide is not much different from a turbo 400 and custom shaft easy....

Easy rear suspension wheel set up since solid axle just a custom mounting job.... you got this bro give it hell.

Let me know if you need anything I am in this bitch... we got people here for all that shit so if you ever need to bring the car here for some work lmk.

I am stoked.
57trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #5
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Let me be a first one to post something to help out..... get some ideas...
Old 11-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57trim View Post
Dude its gonna be 80% fab work... you know custom subframe... I would go with a ford rack with an adapter from our steering wheel... I can be mounted any config since it a custom sub.... cut that wall and make room... glide is not much different from a turbo 400 and custom shaft easy....

Easy rear suspension wheel set up since solid axle just a custom mounting job.... you got this bro give it hell.

Let me know if you need anything I am in this bitch... we got people here for all that shit so if you ever need to bring the car here for some work lmk.

I am stoked.
Thank you man. I want the power glide because it's always faster in the quarter mile. It is also quite a bit lighter AND and takes less HP to turn it. I'm pretty dead set on the power glide.
I don't mind the custom k-member. I've wanted to get one for the longest time ever lol.. i hate the stock k-member...
I will definitely get with you about the rear end and what not, all this is new to me so i gotta research and learn a lot.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Let me be a first one to post something to help out..... get some ideas...
Old 11-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
You might try finding a donor car like a CRV or something that you could rob certain sections from.

I used to be pretty big into Ford Probes and there was a guy that converted a Probe into a RWD using parts from a Miata. Why a Miata? Well a Ford Probe is basically a Mazda MX6 in different sheet metal.

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701310615
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #9
White_02

White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
So did I read that correctly, you want to make it RWD but keep the K?

If so, why? Why not just run a J V6 or step it up to a V8 of some variation?
White_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #10
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
You might try finding a donor car like a CRV or something that you could rob certain sections from.

I used to be pretty big into Ford Probes and there was a guy that converted a Probe into a RWD using parts from a Miata. Why a Miata? Well a Ford Probe is basically a Mazda MX6 in different sheet metal.

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701310615
That's a good idea. Thanks for the input man. I'll research that a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02 View Post
So did I read that correctly, you want to make it RWD but keep the K?

If so, why? Why not just run a J V6 or step it up to a V8 of some variation?
I rather keep my engine which is running really good. It makes decent power and has a good amount left in it too.. i just need a slightly bigger turbo. It'll be easier to keep it k20... all the wiring, ECU etc wouldn't be another nightmare to figure out.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #11
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
I knew it. In on this.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
I knew it. In on this.
I should be ordering these plates next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVtlEBi68M
Old 11-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #13
57trim

I don't think a CRV is going to have anything to offer as far as RWD since it is AWD and it has the stupid rear subframe which is more set up for a IRS......

Which brings us you another question..... why not a IRS from a cobra..... they are not expensive and then the only thing you would haev to worry is fuel cell mounting the diff and the knuckles but I am sure you can get some custom Brembo link brakes/suspension in the back.

Solid rear would be stronger but I think i little mounting unfriendly....
Well You will be doing a big amount of work so I say get the CRV rear suspension set up and have the knuckles redrilled for Cobra bearings/outter spline then have a company match you a CV shaft for your length, inners don't matter and you are ready to go!!!

Stay with a K for sure.
BTW my source said stock rack I guess the way the trans was positioned it cleared I am gonna see if i can get some pics.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #14
57trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANonJUAN View Post

I wish I was as cool as that guy!! Oh man he shows no excitement until the end when he spins it lol
Old 11-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #15
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
I don't think a CRV is going to have anything to offer as far as RWD since it is AWD and it has the stupid rear subframe which is more set up for a IRS......

Which brings us you another question..... why not a IRS from a cobra..... they are not expensive and then the only thing you would haev to worry is fuel cell mounting the diff and the knuckles but I am sure you can get some custom Brembo link brakes/suspension in the back.

Solid rear would be stronger but I think i little mounting unfriendly....
Well You will be doing a big amount of work so I say get the CRV rear suspension set up and have the knuckles redrilled for Cobra bearings/outter spline then have a company match you a CV shaft for your length, inners don't matter and you are ready to go!!!

Stay with a K for sure.
BTW my source said stock rack I guess the way the trans was positioned it cleared I am gonna see if i can get some pics
Awesome, can you get me some pics of that?
And i'm going to try to run a solid rear axle... if it becomes a huge set back, then i'll consider the IRS off the cobra though.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #16
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
I wish I was as cool as that guy!! Oh man he shows no excitement until the end when he spins it lol
That guy probably knows his shit soooo good lol... he has no fucks to give about anything lol
Old 11-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:

That's a neat little setup. Now you got me thinking powerglide as well
Old 11-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

power glide all things
Old 11-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #19
57trim

Dude his other videos are power glide on everything!! and a Supra trans on a 4g63 lol oh man..
Old 11-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #20
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

^ haha thats awesome man. Have you made any more vids of your car?
Old 11-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #21
mallen600
Pancakes

mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I may just be stupid, but won't you also have to rotate the engine 90 degrees and build custom mounts?
TN CREW #6[/B]ABP Crew Member #79[/B]
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
***PIC OF BUFFALO HERE***
mallen600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:08 AM   #22
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

^ correct. More like custom k-member and mounts.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #23
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
power glide all things
I'm starting to look into built LSx blocks for my C5 and the powerglide would make putting that power down so much easier.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #24
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
I'm starting to look into built LSx blocks for my C5 and the powerglide would make putting that power down so much easier.
You can always use a junkyard 5.3 or 6.0 engine... they seem to hold 600whp~ just fine.
The power glide typically goes faster than most other transmission, given that both cars have the same power.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #25
57trim

Quote:
^ correct. More like custom k-member and mounts.
Yea kinda look into how S2K mounts are configured its a good thing it has mounts rear and front.

Wont be that bad given that a subframe is being made so it can be configured any way wanted.