Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

WHO HAS DENTS?

• Yes, my car has been dented/dinged DURING first year of ownership.

Votes: 1,296 69.0%
  • Yes, my car has been dented/dinged AFTER first year of ownership.

Votes: 347 18.5%
  • No, I have not had any dents/dings so far (Dent Wizard, etc. does not count)

Votes: 234 12.5%

WHO HAS DENTS?

Tags
dents
63K views 660 replies 475 participants last post by  LoloBuns 
#1 · (Edited)
Who has dents?

This weekend I washed my car and to my dismay, there it was in all it's glory...my first door dent, I do not know who was the responsible party. I estimate it happened in the last five days.

I have only had my RSX for 7 months. I did shed a tear when I discovered it. Why? 1st, because I take good care and precautions to park it in safe areas, and it is always clean. 2nd, because I am nuts. :laughing:

There was some white/gray paint leftover on the surface from the individual who so kindly probably kicked their door out creating the blemish. I removed the paint with some cleaner wax but there are still some scratches and of course the dent.

It's hard to tell from this photo, but the dent is about 2.5 inches in height and can be seen from a good distance away.

I would like to know how many of you have had dents/dings (not from car accidents), and how long you have had your car before receiving one. Thanks!

See less See more
#27 ·
naw thats not too bad... i was parked at a friend's place
and i was there for a couple hours...
by the time i came out, i found dent after dent all above the
bummper.

later on when i went back to my friend's place, i found a huge
a$$ truck raised and its bummper was rite where my dents
were located.

there was no scratch or nothing on that damn truck and i
had no actual proof that he did it... really bugs
:firemad:

#28 ·
I hate parking close to some cars, I am sometimes scared when I go back to my car the next thing I see is a dent ahhh :nervous:

#30 ·
I owned the car for less than a month when I moved to NC. Like an idiot we forgot to nail in a barrier between some of the stuff I moved and the car. The result? I big ol blemish where some furniture rubbed off the paint and left a big gouge in the front bumper.

I'm in the midst of trying to find a decent body shop to fix it now.

#31 ·
I think I am going to end up buying this thing I saw on tv from Simoniz called Pops-A-Dent.

http://www.pops-a-dent.com/pop/index.asp

I know that it's really gimmicky and it's gotten mixed review, but it's now only $20, since my dent is super shallow I think it might work. Hopefully it won't make it worse!

#32 ·
EternalBlue said:
I think I am going to end up buying this thing I saw on tv from Simoniz called Pops-A-Dent.

I know that it's really gimmicky and it's gotten mixed review, but it's now only $20, since my dent is super shallow I think it might work. Hopefully it won't make it worse!
if you do get it, you can tell me how it works out :)

#33 ·
I came out of the grocery store two weeks ago to find a shopping cart resting agianst my passenger side door (dammmmit) which left a dent -- and yes I do park FAR AWAY from EVERYTHING! Some idiot prolly just let the cart fly. Anyway, that afternoon I took it to the dealership body shop and got the paintless dent repair. Cost $120, but whatever. Looks like it never happened. Worth the greenbacks.

#34 ·
EternalBlue said:

the pic there using to show the before & after looks like a totally different car. the first car has a dark red /w tint. the end result looking car is bright red and no tint:dontknow:

but still post the results.

#36 ·
So far no dents in 1.5 yrs of ownership. I never park between 2 cars, always keep it garaged at home and make sure at the grocery store to park uphill from any cart corrals. Also, if I see a random cart in the parking lot, I get it and take it into the store. My wife's Jeep has a big dent in the hatch from a cart that got loose during high winds last spring.

#37 ·
I'd had my car for about 7 months - no dents, dings, or scratches. It looked perfect. Then I was driving on the freeway during what the national weather service referred to as a "severe thunderstorm with potentially damaging winds". They for got to mention 1-1.5" hail!!! Went from no dents to several hundred (and a cracked windshield) in only a few minutes.

I'd also put in a plug for paintless dent repair. I had my car repaired bu the Dent Doctor (similar to the Dent Wizard) and after 4 days my car went from looking like a golf ball to looking brand new. Unfortunate side effect is that there are now a couple rattles in places where they removed and replaced panels, as things aren't quite as tight as they were, but not too bad of a trade-off.

#38 ·
gtp618 said:
Don't bother with the pops a dent. You have a slight vertical crease. That type of tool works well with round symetrical dents. Your dent doesn't look bad and is in a location that should not be too hard to access. Look in the yellow pages under Paintless dent repair. They should charge between $65-$100 for that dent.
Yeah, I decided not to get that product. I'd rather pay the extra money to have the Dent Wizard fix it. The day after I took the RSX off the lot, I noticed a super tiny dent on the edge of the door and so had that repaired for free since it was pretty obvious I didn't do it. They did a great job and there is no evidence it was ever there. So I'm going with what I trust.

You can't really see my dent, except when it's clean or if I'm parked in a lot with the white parking spot dividers...you can see in the relflection where the straight line is uneven. :(

#39 ·
And I can't believe how many of you have gotten dents within your first year of owning your new car. That really sucks. Good news is that it can be fixed relatively easily if the dent isn't too bad. :)

#40 ·
Why has Honda abandoned side guards to protect the doors from dents??? Sure it may be a cleaner styling but not with lots of door dents on our cars. I think Honda has heavily invested in Dent Wizard.

Personally, I have zero door dings (2.5 years, July 2001) as I am super careful. I dumped my last GF as she was so careless that I was concerned for the safety of my car's doors and prevent interior scratches!!! (just mostly kidding)

Off topic, 2 summers ago the ex passed out while she was driving (drove into a ditch) and brought her damaged 1998 4-dr Civic to my house. Being a nice guy, I figured I'd clean out her messhole of a car (the entire entire was absolutely filthy, backseat covered in crap). Spread throughout the trunk was 5 pounds of fertilizer mixed with 5 pounds of rock salt. What a stupid dirty girl. No wonder she passed out and that was the 2nd time it had happened!

#42 ·
I just finished getting my car repaired by Dent Wizard during lunch today. It runs approx $70- $90 a panel - The guy did such a great job, that you cannot tell any of the dents existed.

PM me if you would like some more details or some "suggestions". My entire car was done cheap - 6 dings!

#45 ·
I got a ding a month after i got my 01 civic :-\ Really sucked cause it was right on the fender. I just washed my RSX and found my first door ding on the fender close to where the door is. Its pretty small so im not too worried about it. I had my car for close to a year now and i guess i was overdue to get hit by some inconsiderate bastard. :(

#47 ·
I shouldn't have posted to this thread! Just a wekk after posting how my hail damage had been fixed and the exterior of the car looked like new, my wife backed into the fender (Apparently, she hasn't heard of the "rear view mirror" installed in her truck.)

Reasonably bad dent/crumple, but I thought I might try to hammer it back out (new fender + install and paint is >$600). Anny suggestions how best to get access to the inside of the drivers' side fender?

#49 ·
KevinW said:
I shouldn't have posted to this thread! Just a wekk after posting how my hail damage had been fixed and the exterior of the car looked like new, my wife backed into the fender (Apparently, she hasn't heard of the "rear view mirror" installed in her truck.)

Reasonably bad dent/crumple, but I thought I might try to hammer it back out (new fender + install and paint is >$600). Anny suggestions how best to get access to the inside of the drivers' side fender?
That sucks! I would just take it to a professional to be honest. If you do it yourself it's never going to look like new unless you are skilled and you have the proper tools. My .02 cents.

#50 ·
Less than a month after I bought the car, I got a dent on the passenger side about 4"x2.5" and 1" deep. It must have happened in a parking lot, I didn't notice until I got home. I took it to a dent place where I had done business before, but they weren't able to make it look perfect due to the size dent. There were also some small scratches to the metal where the impact occured , I fixed those with touchup paint. Its noticable but not too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.