AWD convert - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Wright487

Wright487 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Question AWD convert

What ya'll think and an AWD conversion in the rsx?
Just curious what everyone thinks...And maybe some suggestions as to where i can find a kit to do it.

????
Wright487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
just buy a WRX
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
admRSX
Let the good times roll..

admRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ehh. . . negative. too much weight. and too much $$$. want awd get a subaru or evo.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Cali Ghost
LAKERS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

Cali Ghost is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
way too much $$$ dude...

MinoriteaM Member #5 Morning Post Crew #3 Efucked Yan crew member #4
CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post
i only come out when there are noodz
Cali Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
vash_the_stampede
popcorn playa

vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore
vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore
i dunno guys, at this point you could just buy 2 used rsx's and weld them in the middle
/anime crew#4/lefty crew #1/ Late Night Crew#10/All Motor Crew #21/vAsh vAse cR3w! #1 TcK~!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEvoIX View Post
I want cream cheese on my baked potato
vash_the_stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
HyetOtheSky
aYO!

HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though
lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoingMe View Post
I have like 5 accounts that's been banned because of a faggot named FiveN9ne who kept reporting me my first ban was only for a week for some minor trolling so I created a new account. Fuck that faggot if he is still around.
HyetOtheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
k20vteck20
Comptech powaaaaa!!!

k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
just get a sti wtf

Complete 2002 ABP Rsx Type-s part out
k20vteck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #8
emc430
RIP 02' FPR Base

emc430 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
this has already been discussed. get a wrx/sti/evo. doing it on an rsx is to much cash for it to be worth it...
emc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 AM   #9
killertofupanda

killertofupanda is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
if you're asking questions on how to do an awd conversion on the rsx, that pretty much tells us you don't have the slightest possible chance on doing it. not all awd systems work the same and even the simplest types are still quite complex in actually performing the conversion on a car that is not AWD.

however, i will say that the rsx is fortunate enough to be related to the honda cr-v and elements that swapping in one of their manual 4wd tranny and in doing so, sending power to the rear wheels is possible. it just isn't going to be easy since you'll need to modify the subframe to this rather particular transmission.

if you want to even attempt some type of awd conversion, the haldex setup would probably be the closest in working on the rsx. you could probably source a haldex rear pumpkin unit from a volkswagen r32 golf or audi tt coupe, but there's tuning bullshit to deal with the electronics.

or, you could almost straight in swap honda's real-time 4 wheel drive sourcing the parts from the cr-v or element, but this is not a true all wheel drive.
killertofupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #10
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
I'm doing this
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.5@165 / 1.28 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
anything can be done for enough money but the fact is the car isn't designed for it.
K20A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
emc430
RIP 02' FPR Base

emc430 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
how mch cash do you have to be able to do this? becaue there isnt a "kit" to do it. you accually have to know what yout going to do before you attempt to do it. you have to get the parts, and plan out what you going to be doing with them for this to work. but if your really committed i guess you can do it.
emc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
HyetOtheSky
aYO!

HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoingMe View Post
I have like 5 accounts that's been banned because of a faggot named FiveN9ne who kept reporting me my first ban was only for a week for some minor trolling so I created a new account. Fuck that faggot if he is still around.
HyetOtheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc430 View Post
how mch cash do you have to be able to do this? becaue there isnt a "kit" to do it. you accually have to know what yout going to do before you attempt to do it. you have to get the parts, and plan out what you going to be doing with them for this to work. but if your really committed i guess you can do it.
I can do it, I know how to and I have several different ways of doing it. I know that I would charge no less than $5000 and probably closer to $10,000 to figure it all out, plus the cost of parts.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20A2 View Post
I can do it, I know how to and I have several different ways of doing it. I know that I would charge no less than $5000 and probably closer to $10,000 to figure it all out, plus the cost of parts.
I wish I lived closer to you
Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #16
blueshark123
10.801@137.72

blueshark123 gets around and is known
blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known blueshark123 gets around and is known
This question pops up like every other month. WTF goes through people's minds....
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
This question pops up like every other month. WTF goes through people's minds....

PM me with some status
Old 05-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #18
gued11
Quien es tu Padre!

gued11 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
AWD is the only missing on this car. I would almost think that 5k would be worth it if I had that kind of money.
OHIO CREW ABP CREW #69
gued11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #19
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gued11 View Post
AWD is the only missing on this car. I would almost think that 5k would be worth it if I had that kind of money.
$5k labor, and who knows how much in parts
Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #20
gued11
Quien es tu Padre!

yeah whatever, couple more thousand in parts, like I said IF I had that much extra money, I would definately do it. I also plan on keeping my car forever though.
OHIO CREW ABP CREW #69
Old 05-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

no, it isn't worth it because you are going to have to do a lot of other things beyond just the basics. it hasn't been done so it will be a mess figuring it all out.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #22
gued11
Quien es tu Padre!

My car has a lot of sentimental value, I'm sure you feel that way about something, so I will have it until it is absolutely dead and plan on keeping up with it. Thats the one thing that is missing in this car and IF, IF I had a lot of expendable cash i would do it in a heart beat. I have some pretty smart and seasoned veteran mechanics that could probably figure it out. IF I had the money.
OHIO CREW ABP CREW #69
Old 05-29-2009, 06:18 AM   #23
Wright487

Wright487 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
well im not much for evo and sti. i know there are alot of rear wheel drive converts out there...i kind of figure if that can be done...then why not the awd...i dont plan on buying another car to tune so at 5g or even 10g it would sound reasonable...also doing something like buying the tranny and drivetrain to the sti or evo and retro fitting it to the k20and using evo x tuning for the drivetrain would most likly be the easiest route...i was asking what people thought...and a few ideas on how to go about it
Wright487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #24
killertofupanda

killertofupanda is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
btw, an sh-awd conversion could theoretically work on the dc5 since honda designed the rdx tranny with a power take off, transfer unit that is like the ones found the cr-v and element. you will still have to mess around with electronics and other stuff, but have fun dragging around the 400 lb. rear pumpkin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZvwdmlTOL0

acura rdx power take off, transfer unit

honda element power take off, transfer unit
killertofupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:45 AM   #25
Sour Diesel
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Totally not worth it, imo. Too much $$$ and who knows when or if you'll get it done.
Sour Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote