HELP! Removing 02 Type S Front End - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
ChenzoDC5

ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Question HELP! Removing 02 Type S Front End

All right so I was recently in an accident where I jumped the curb and damaged my radiator/support & oil pan..I ordered a whole new front end (Radiator support With headlight supports, & cross beam from part Geeks)
Now my brothers friend is a professional welder and said he can tack the new clip on but I need to remove the wrecked on..I found all the factory tack marks but was wondering what would be the best way to remove it? Drill them out or pound them out? I will be posting pics within the hour to help give a better description. Thanks in advance guys!
'07 VW GTI
'83 Starion Turbo New Project
'13 Focus ST Daily Driver
ChenzoDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
ChenzoDC5

ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Exclamation

...for some reason its being stupid and won't let me upload pictures from my phone/tablet.. tomorrow I will try to find a computer to upload these on..if anybody can help before then I have pictures I can send over the phone feel free to text me at 909 908-3207
'07 VW GTI
Old 09-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
dc5_rsx

dc5_rsx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
you've got to drill out all the spot welds. they make a drill bit just for spot welds btw.. makes your life a whole lot easier

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
dc5_rsx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
ChenzoDC5

Thanks for your quick response DC5_rsx..I work at the home depot and can't find a drill bit used exactly for spot welds..would anybody happen to know where to find one or a tool that will work relatively the same? Thanks guys!
'07 VW GTI
Old 10-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
ChenzoDC5

Thanks to everybody for there input..I currently have the front end off just need to do a little straightening out!
'07 VW GTI
Old 10-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
RSXBlazer

RSXBlazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXBlazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXBlazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXBlazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXBlazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXBlazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXBlazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXBlazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
where did you get the new front end? I need one too
RSXBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
ChenzoDC5

Partgeeks.com
I got the front radiator support & cross beam for about $350 shipped
'07 VW GTI