Headunit and Speakers with Bose System - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-25-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
CameronCarruthers

CameronCarruthers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CameronCarruthers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CameronCarruthers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CameronCarruthers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CameronCarruthers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CameronCarruthers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CameronCarruthers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CameronCarruthers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Headunit and Speakers with Bose System

I have a 06' Type S and I am wondering if it is possible to install a new head unit, 4 new speakers, and an aftermarket amp and sub and entirely remove the stock amp for the 4 speakers, and remove the stock sub and amp combo. Would I have to rewire the whole car or is just as simple as removing the parts?
CameronCarruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
integraman

integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Go to the search bar and look up bypass factory amp which is what you need to do. Metra sells a plug that you plug into where the factory amp plugged into the harness so you dont need to rewire factory harness just wire up new amp to factory harness with the Metra connector.

Metra 70-1725 2002-2006 Acura Rsx Amp By-pass Harness + Cd Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037717VY..._nyQzDbF3PE0QM
integraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
BrutalB83
WILDCARD!

BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by integraman View Post
Go to the search bar and look up bypass factory amp which is what you need to do. Metra sells a plug that you plug into where the factory amp plugged into the harness so you dont need to rewire factory harness just wire up new amp to factory harness with the Metra connector.

Metra 70-1725 2002-2006 Acura Rsx Amp By-pass Harness + Cd Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037717VY..._nyQzDbF3PE0QM
This isn't a "bypass" harness. It's an amp integration harness. It's meant to allow plug and play wiring of an aftermarket head unit to the RSX's existing Bose amp.

You would use that when you want a new head unit but want to keep the existing amp and "sub" (I use that term loosely).
BrutalB83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
integraman

integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Read this
You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=46972
I modified the harness mentioned above to bypass so all my factory wires remained untouched and it works great you just have to keep track of pin numbers is all.
integraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
Ansirk

Ansirk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ansirk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ansirk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ansirk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ansirk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ansirk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ansirk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ansirk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I installed an aftermarket pioneer head unit using the metra harness and everything including the factory ‘sub’ works fine, even better now that I’m able to adjust hi/lo filters and equalizers. There was no need to bypass anything, plug and play then tune. I have an 02 type s, if that makes a difference
Ansirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #6
BrutalB83
WILDCARD!

BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansirk View Post
I installed an aftermarket pioneer head unit using the metra harness and everything including the factory ‘sub’ works fine, even better now that I’m able to adjust hi/lo filters and equalizers. There was no need to bypass anything, plug and play then tune. I have an 02 type s, if that makes a difference
Yeah, some people get static/noise with this setup, but most don't. That small group of folks who have issues are the reason for the "ALWAYS BYPASS THE FACTORY AMP!!!!!" crew.

I mean, it's a fucking $10 harness and it will most likely work just fine. Why discourage people from trying it?

Last edited by BrutalB83; 09-06-2019 at 12:33 PM..
BrutalB83 is offline   Reply With Quote