Best replacement filter for Injen CAI ? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #1
Nicolas22S

Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Best replacement filter for Injen CAI ?

Hi everyone is time for me to change the filter of my cai but I was thinking why not upgrade it and get maybe a bigger size with a velocity stack, like 3.5 and velocity stack with a reduced for fit it on the CAI?im thinking about this just for try to squeeze a little more from my cai, or it would be the best just get the 3inch with the velocity stack and call it a day?thanks !
Nicolas22S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Bruh, you asked this on another post already... Just get the 3". You won't see any power with either one without a dyno, just better throttle response.

Do you really think .5" extra in diameter will be noticeable? You'd see more improvement from the vinyl sticker that came with the intake.
mfarmakas17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
majinbatusaix
Q_Q

majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though majinbatusaix is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas22S View Post
Hi everyone is time for me to change the filter of my cai but I was thinking why not upgrade it and get maybe a bigger size with a velocity stack, like 3.5 and velocity stack with a reduced for fit it on the CAI?im thinking about this just for try to squeeze a little more from my cai, or it would be the best just get the 3inch with the velocity stack and call it a day?thanks !
This is what I've been running for years with my Injen CAI and have been happy with it:

https://www.bpi-us.com/product-page/...ard-filter-kit

Dyno result on RSX (keep it mind it was with the filter removed and with AEM v2 not CAI), but I think realistically you could see around a 5hp gain throughout the power curve.
https://www.bpi-us.com/single-post/2...ura-RSX-Type-S
majinbatusaix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #4
Nicolas22S

Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nicolas22S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Well at the end of the day I decided get the k tuned filter and velocity stack 3.5 inch combo and I got a reducer from 3.5 to 3.0 for can fit it on the Injen tubing, I struggled a little bit (I have fogs)but It fit, and about gains ? YES it was worth it I can feel it pulling a harder on higher rpms, also the sound change a little bit, isn’t that deep anymore but now the whistle is more loud, I kinda like it, having the k tuned rh and a custom 2.75 exhaust with no resonator and a hks muffler is pretty loud tho, also I just wanna add I got the KTUNED transmission bushings and the MTEC springs, It make a big difference, also IDK WHY people hate so much on k tuned, personally all my parts and my buddies always work right.

Last edited by Nicolas22S; 09-11-2019 at 06:44 PM..
Nicolas22S is offline   Reply With Quote