Rear Quarter Panel Replacement Cost *Pics* - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is on a distinguished road
Rear Quarter Panel Replacement Cost *Pics*

How much would a job like this cost? The previous owner bondo'd the rear quarter panels and some guy hit my gf while she was parked so now it needs to get fixed I just want to make sure I dont get ripped off after getting a quote or two. I may just end up taking it to Maaco to fix and paint lol

original pic followed by the same pic but with the bond/fiberglass shit circled.

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
killertofupanda

killertofupanda is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
that doesn't look too serious. a quarter panel replacement and repair can cost up to $3000. you are better off getting her panel sanded, rebondo, and repainted. it should be no more than $500, maybe less.
killertofupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Sour Diesel
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You can get that fixed for about $150 around here. Quality job too. Just find a good shop.

and lol at $3,000 for quarter panel replacement. Are you serious?
Sour Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
killertofupanda

yes, i am serious. i personally know because i got my left quarter panel replaced on my rsx from an accident that some asshole who did not stay in their own damn lane.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is on a distinguished road
ya i heard they were really expensive to repair which is why i want to ask around here. i figure if the repair costs more than 1500 id rather just buy another ej1 and start building on that. the d16z6 in this ej1 is running flawlessly which is why i dont want to give it up, plus ive already put a good amount of time into fixing the car.

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Sour Diesel
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sour Diesel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by killertofupanda View Post
> you are better off getting her panel sanded, rebondo, and repainted.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
Berreta
Master Member

Berreta is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
that doesn't look too serious. a quarter panel replacement and repair can cost up to $3000. you are better off getting her panel sanded, rebondo, and repainted. it should be no more than $500, maybe less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rsxca View Post
You can get that fixed for about $150 around here. Quality job too. Just find a good shop.

and lol at $3,000 for quarter panel replacement. Are you serious?
$150-$500 to fix or completly replace a quarter panel

Please tell me where you got these quotes from and what world you live in. If someone is charging that much for that job he isn't going to last very long in his business. I don't mean any disrespect. If you can find someone that will do a quality job on that for under $500, jump on it.
Berreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
killertofupanda

you fail at reading comprehension.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
Sour Diesel
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berreta View Post

Please tell me where you got these quotes from and what world you live in. If someone is charging that much for that job he isn't going to last very long in his business. I don't mean any disrespect. If you can find someone that will do a quality job on that for under $500, jump on it.
Quote:
> panel sanded, rebondo, and repainted.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
Sour Diesel
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Now go play in the General section.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
Berreta
Master Member

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
you fail at reading comprehension.
Quote:
Now go play in the General section.
I was assuming you guys would think it would cost $500 to replace a quarter panel since you're quoting $150 to bondo one.

Na, I think I'll stay here since I've been working on cars since I was 12 and I currently work at a body shop. So I guess you're not going to answer my question then?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #12
killertofupanda

okay mr. mechanic know it all. tell our good friend imbest123 how much canadian monies he's going to have spend on fixing his gf car. go on.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
20secA3

20secA3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
that bondo looked ugly before the accident. get it rebondo w/ quality.
20secA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
Sour Diesel
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
I was assuming you guys would think it would cost $500 to replace a quarter panel since you're quoting $150 to bondo one.

Na, I think I'll stay here since I've been working on cars since I was 12 and I currently work at a body shop. So I guess you're not going to answer my question then?
lol assuming.

answer what exactly?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #15
Berreta
Master Member

Quote:
okay mr. mechanic know it all. tell our good friend imbest123 how much canadian monies he's going to have spend on fixing his gf car. go on.
I don't know it all, but I have at least some experience or knowledge in something before I talk about it. Otherwise it's called ignorance. So, Mr. Ignorance, judging by the few photos we have, Im thinking it will cost over $1000 easily. If he wants a quality job.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
Berreta
Master Member

Quote:
lol assuming.

answer what exactly?
Where you got a $150 quote to fix an entire quarter panel.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
Sour Diesel
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

local body shop in north-highlands, CA.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
Sour Diesel
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
I don't know it all, but I have at least some experience or knowledge in something before I talk about it. Otherwise it's called ignorance. So, Mr. Ignorance, judging by the few photos we have, Im thinking it will cost over $1000 easily. If he wants a quality job.
1k for sanding, bondo and paint?

lol Canada.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
Berreta
Master Member

Quote:
1k for sanding, bondo and paint?

lol Canada.
It's alot more complicated than that, but you wouldn't know that anyway since you've never been in a body shop. Anyway Im done here, too much noobness.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
killertofupanda

stupid canadian. can't even make up your mind about staying here or leaving.

to TS, your new estimate by Berreta is about CAD $1000 or approximately US $947. if you happen to currently be in illinois and decide to go north to canada to get the car fixed, you could try being really friendly with the mechanic and bargain the price down with some cases of maple syrup and bacon. im sure it'll work but don't take my complete word for it since im ignorant about canada and their price rates.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #21
newestbie

newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This is almost 10 yrs old post but I will reply recent price.
Its getting harder to find parts for these cars. Acura service don't carry many parts. Junkyard near my home had 3 RSX and recently send last one to crusher.
Body shops working with insurance companies asking lot of money. Recently I had accident, door and quarter had to change , body shop asked $1900
Door is about $50 and quarter panel is about $200 at junkyards. I found one for $180. But changing quarter panel not easy. Lots of trim holster need to remove, you need to remove replace rear window. IM not sure about front windshield. Original panel goes up to front shield but many junkyard sell panel cut short at the top. Many spot welding , good joint caulking. Also panel has to removed professionally from junk car otherwise you may need some repairs on it.
Basically $200part+$50paint+$50bondo,caulk,adhesive, etc + Labor. Some cheap and desperate repairman may do it for $500. (Inexperienced person may break lots of trim and stuff while removing them, happened to me). but big shops are asking prices like $1500
newestbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #22
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Rear Quarter panel? I believe the orig thread was about rear quarter panel, sounds like your estimate was for front quarter panel...good to know
troye is offline   Reply With Quote