Favorite Classic Car - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #51
czelaya
Schrodinger's handywork:
 
czelaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,990
iTrader: (0)
czelaya is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc56414845 View Post

The F-50 Ferrari. The worlds most sophisticated V-12(60 valve!!!!!!!). It's hard to imagine a V-12 capable of 513 hp via a natural asipirated engine of small displacement(4.7 Liters). V-12's capable of producing over 100 horsepower per liter, with 500 horsepower +, and still not being labeled a "massive engine" is an engineering feat indeed. What's even more impressive is it's 8500rpm redline which is higher than the RSX-type-S 8100 redline limit for a tiny 2.0 Liter 4 cylinder.
__________________
Theoretical Chemist. dS=k*d(lnW)...entropy happens.

Last edited by czelaya; 03-09-2009 at 09:13 AM..
czelaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #52
boostedNB
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: wat
Posts: 12,319
iTrader: (0)
boostedNB is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
all cars are pure sex, except......mitsubishi eclipse? gtfo
boostedNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #53
boostedNB
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: wat
Posts: 12,319
iTrader: (0)
boostedNB is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopupimports View Post
ibsomeonepostrsx


boostedNB is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 AM   #54
dyetrix06
Peakboost GT35r plz
 
dyetrix06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,024
iTrader: (6)
dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though dyetrix06 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
2nd gen Eclipse GSX

Never said it had to be old just said it had to be out of production. Yeah, I know DSMs were unreliable, but man, that car looks sick.
You are a faggot.
__________________
dyetrix06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #55
Machina
del
 
Machina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,360
iTrader: (2)
Machina is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by czelaya View Post
The F-50 Ferrari. The worlds most sophisticated V-12(60 valve!!!!!!!). It's hard to imagine a V-12 capable of 513 hp via a natural asipirated engine of small displacement(4.7 Liters). V-12's capable of producing over 100 horsepower per liter, with 500 horsepower +, and still not being labeled a "massive engine" is an engineering feat indeed. What's even more impressive is it's 8500rpm redline which is higher than the RSX-type-S 8100 redline limit for a tiny 2.0 Liter 4 cylinder.
But the size per cylinder is smaller than the RSXs. Being 4.7 liters but having 12 cylinders is extremely small. So of course it revs high.
__________________
2009 370Z
Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #56
THEDOCTOR46
bring it!
 
THEDOCTOR46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 840
iTrader: (0)
THEDOCTOR46 has a clean start THEDOCTOR46 has a clean start THEDOCTOR46 has a clean start THEDOCTOR46 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrsx View Post
Lots of people have old muscle cars on their list. Many of them I like their styling, but am not really a big fan of their engineering.... not so much technical breakthrough as just growth of of size of componentry. But to each their own.
Not saying i disagree with your muscle car statement but you just gotta take a shot at American Engineers whenever you can, huh? Aren't you in engineering? You are american right?
__________________
06 Yamaha R6 /// 07 Honda CBR600RR

TEAM YAMAHA 09!
Valentino Rossi - Jorge Lorenzo - Ben Spies - Colin Edwards -James toseland
“Toseland has been out running 25 miles on the beach while I was out drinking 25 beers on the beach and I’m faster than him” Colin Edwards
THEDOCTOR46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #57
Q1000
Ex Type-S Club
 
Q1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North of Toronto Ontario
Posts: 3,311
iTrader: (1)
Q1000 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
1961 Ferrari 250GT California


Porsche 959


67 Camaro RS


1967 427 Cobra
Q1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #58
Nitrous
Senior Member
 
Nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NorCal Bay Area
Posts: 875
iTrader: (0)
Nitrous is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyetrix06 View Post
You are a faggot.
Geez, I know it's cheap. But those lines are perfect. It's exactly what a sports car should look like. I'd take a tuned 500hp Eclipse over a Corvette any day if I didn't have to worry about it falling apart all the time.
Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #59
waynetheman
Maple Syrup N' Guns
 
waynetheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,868
iTrader: (2)
waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own waynetheman must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own


f40 without a doubt.
waynetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #60
Chrsx
Yeah, it's that big
 
Chrsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,632
iTrader: (0)
Chrsx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDOCTOR46 View Post
Not saying i disagree with your muscle car statement but you just gotta take a shot at American Engineers whenever you can, huh? Aren't you in engineering? You are american right?
Yes, I'm american... har har har.

But I think that was a fairly objective statement. During the 60's and 70's in Japan, things were getting smaller. Toyota, in particular, has always pushed their suppliers to develop light-weight solutions... not because they're environmentalists or anything, but because as things get smaller, the system gets cheaper. Less weight means less motor needed, smaller brakes, tires, less heavy duty transmission, etc. That's why they were in such a good position when the fuel crisis hit.

The Europeans followed a similar path, but for different reasons. Post-war Europe was in a very long recession, and cars were small/cheap out of necessity. To cut down on operating costs, engines were kept small, but handling was emphasized. Their road systems were narrow, and already established, which meant cars had to accomodate them. Not so over here. The European cars of that era were pushing the limits of suspensions and tires of the day. IMO, those were cutting edge.

Americans followed a different business model... not worse, just different. Their customers bought based on style and image, and the Big 3 nearly always delivered. Bold styles and powerful engines were considered hot over here. But when their tastes changed, they were poorly positioned.

I think the reason muscle cars are highly prized is because they remind the baby boomer generation about their youth... the freedom associated with it, the cultural revolution going on, etc.

In terms of technology, there were some break-throughs that came out, but the majority was growth of componentry. 305 ci, 350 ci, 383, ci, 427 ci, etc. With all that, suspensions got heavier, transmissions got heavier, frames got beefier, etc. It all compounds.
__________________
Honda Element
Honda S2000
BMW F800R
Chrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #61
Leyth77
Thug Life
 
Leyth77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,231
iTrader: (13)
Leyth77 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx


"Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle."
__________________
White 2003 Acura RSX base 11-17-03 - 2-5-04 RIP
Silver 2003 Acura RSX Type-S 5-23-05 Welcome to the family..
Leyth77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #62
boostedNB
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: wat
Posts: 12,319
iTrader: (0)
boostedNB is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
Geez, I know it's cheap. But those lines are perfect. It's exactly what a sports car should look like. I'd take a tuned 500hp Eclipse over a Corvette any day if I didn't have to worry about it falling apart all the time.
boostedNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #63
smoresrock
yut ughhh!!!
 
smoresrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 18,068
iTrader: (5)
smoresrock is on a distinguished road
smoresrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #64
blackpearl
Master Member
 
blackpearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 3,310
iTrader: (1)
blackpearl is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedNB View Post
x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
build quality ftl
__________________
Dr. Phil crew #23 Zombie Eradication Team Member #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloteg View Post
i'll cut my dick off and silly glue it to my forehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloteg View Post
im going to pinch my nuts off
blackpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #65
NeonSlvRSX
So Amazin'
 
NeonSlvRSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NH
Posts: 2,111
iTrader: (1)
NeonSlvRSX might be well recognized one day on c-rsx NeonSlvRSX might be well recognized one day on c-rsx NeonSlvRSX might be well recognized one day on c-rsx NeonSlvRSX might be well recognized one day on c-rsx NeonSlvRSX might be well recognized one day on c-rsx NeonSlvRSX might be well recognized one day on c-rsx NeonSlvRSX might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Shelby Cobra
__________________
2007 Acura TL Type-S
Moroccan Red Pearl
NeonSlvRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #66
mazing3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 614
iTrader: (0)
mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
chevy camaro 1970. god those are nice. my dad has one green / black stripes. shes on youtube if you want to check her out and listen to the idle hehhe :P. other than that i gotta say the 300zx is one hot piece of car
mazing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
car , classic , favorite

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Privacy Policy  |  Disclaimer Notice
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2012, Club RSX, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
This website is owned and operated by Club RSX, Inc.
Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX are not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc.