Tein Basic Installation and Review(Pics inside) - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-16-2015, 02:39 PM   #76
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
nice on the bump, i've seen quite a few members asking about these coilovers. glad we still have pics up in here as well so everyone can see the before and after pics of the ride height
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASK Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew CRSX Mod Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02
I'm surprised you even drink coffee

With it being black and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #77
whiskeyecho1
King of the Bros

whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
nice on the bump, i've seen quite a few members asking about these coilovers. glad we still have pics up in here as well so everyone can see the before and after pics of the ride height
They seem like a good starting point for someone whose entering into the realm of suspension mods and what have you. And true, I don't understand the obsession with slamming our cars, or any car for that fact haha. Function>form any day, so im already happt they can handle a 1.5in drop no problem. However, I am still curious how the basis/basics have held up for forum members.
whiskeyecho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #78
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
they are a great coilover to start out with and i'm sure they last just as long as the other tein products. if you take care of them, i say maybe 6 years....

spray them down during the winter months to prevent rust from salt build up and such is what i meant by taking care of them

Quote:

Quote:
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #79
whiskeyecho1
King of the Bros

whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Well that's awesome, because I'm going to run my car until it dies haha. Thanks for solidifying my pick, I'm excited to pick these up. Would you recommend picking up camber kit with it as well?
Old 07-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #80
AzianK
Modelrator

yes

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 PM   #81
408slvr_dc5

408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Haven't bought these yet.. Not happy the fact I have to reuse the top hats... Considering buying used k sports from someone with a camber kit for about 700... Thoughts anyone???
408slvr_dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #82
AzianK
Modelrator

i love my k sports, i'm on my second set since my first one died after 8 years of daily use. if you are going to get them, why not just drop an extra $200 and get it new? they are like $900 from kseriesparts, thats where i ordered mine and you get the free shipping as long as you're in the US

the tein are great even if you have to reuse your top hats, which i find to be no problem as long as the part is still in good working condition. you can also buy the top hats separately down the road, i don't believe they cost much

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-17-2015, 07:45 AM   #83
whiskeyecho1
King of the Bros

kseriesparts is also offering a deal on all new oem Honda suspension parts with the order of a set of Tein Basis coils or Progress comps. And Ksports are awesome too, my buddy had em on his 06 and he loved them.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #84
408slvr_dc5

408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 408slvr_dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Smile

[QUOTE=AzianK;51826305]i love my k sports, i'm on my second set since my first one died after 8 years of daily use. if you are going to get them, why not just drop an extra $200 and get it new? they are like $900 from kseriesparts, thats where i ordered mine and you get the free shipping as long as you're in the US

Cool. I wanted to hear from someone that has had them. I've been getting mixed reviews but from people that have never had them. Reason I am considering the set for 775( will be offering 700) is because he is including a Megan rear camber kit... The coilovers look to be in great condition and the seller told me that the have roughly 5000 miles on them. I figure for 700 the used ksports are better than any other coilovers that are 700 brand new.

Teins are still being considered as well. The top hat issue is the only thing keeping me away along with there is not height adjustment, only through the preload adjustments with will limit shock travel and cause them to bottom out(not good)..
Old 07-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #85
408slvr_dc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyecho1 View Post
kseriesparts is also offering a deal on all new oem Honda suspension parts with the order of a set of Tein Basis coils or Progress comps. And Ksports are awesome too, my buddy had em on his 06 and he loved them.
Thanks!
I'll look into this.