NEED HELP!!! lost to an all motor rsx - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #1
BOOGSYNMARY

BOOGSYNMARY is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
NEED HELP!!! lost to an all motor rsx

anyways i raced this guy peter (member in clubrsx) he dynoed his car around 210whp before and he has little more things done to his car, so he's pushing alittle more than that now.. anyways my rsx type-s has an aem cai, comptech header, carsound cat & 2 1/2 custom exhaust plus 50 shot NX.. we started 2nd gear roll around 4,000rpm, we both punched it and i stayed with him alittle and then end of 2nd he pulled up to 4th gear.. i said what the fuck i lost about 4-5 cars.. my car felt weak with nitrous.. with all motor my car felt stronger.. i dont have a clue whats wrong with my car.. it can't be me cause i drove my car fine, i didnt mis-shift or mis a gear... i was shifting around 7,900rpm all the time.. anywaysi just got my nitrous installed few weeks ago and i hardly use it.. this was actually my first race and i lost by alot.. do i really need the fuel safety switch if i have an msd rpm window switch?? what will happen if i take the fuel safety switch out ?? is it bad?? i need your help guys i think my nx nitrous is not working right .. i want another re- match with my mods i should have the same power or alittle less than peter's rsx.. and with nitrous i should run around 13.7 - 13.9 but i lost big time 4 - 5 cars.. i need help thanks
BOOGSYNMARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2003, 01:01 AM   #2
excess

excess is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
yea, something is definately wrong. I would think that your bottle pressure is to low, keep i mind that even though it might not be entirely empty not enough pressure can make you run rich thus causing you to be slower. Thats the only thing I can think of besides somethign else that is really wrong. Is this the first time it felt this way?
excess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:31 AM   #3
BOOGSYNMARY

not really.. few weeks ago when my local shop finish doing my nitrous i tested it on my way home.. i was in second gear around 4500rpm punched it and i felt something but i wasnt satisfied.. i did it again in 5500rpm and same thing i felt something but i didnt get any wheelspin or a decent pull.. i expected a good pull on my nitrous but it didnt.. i mean i purge my lines and my bottle pressure was like 1000 - 1100psi.. and last night was my first run with this guy and my car felt slower with nitrous.. all motor felt alot stronger when i tested it last night on my way home.. with nitrous i tested it 2nd gear roll and 3rd gear roll up to 100mph and it sucks.. shit i want a re-match i feel like shit cause this kid pulled on my easy.. i should have at least gave him a good run but i lost 4-5cars with nitrous.. please no flaming.. i drove my car fine.. no mis-shifts or miss a gear.. i was shifting up to 7900rpm every gear up to 4th.. any help would be really good by the way thank excess

Old 03-09-2003, 03:31 PM   #4
BOOGSYNMARY

i just checked everything and it seems fine.. i took out the nitrous nozzle and check if it was spraying, and it did sprayed.. so i took my car out for a spin and tried it again and it seems all motor pulls harder than my 50 shot.. it was spraying but it didnt feel like 50 shot.. it feels like a 10-15 shot only.. damn im so pissed anways any help would be great
Old 03-10-2003, 09:46 AM   #5
RSX Factor
this is my inner child

RSX Factor is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
When you pulled the nozzle for the nitrous did you check to see if you have the right jets for the fuel and nitrous lines?
Old 03-10-2003, 12:09 PM   #6
BOOGSYNMARY

it working fine now.. the nitrous wasnt spraying fully only partially.. damn stupid shop messed up the wirings.. i have 2 more problems.. about the rpm window switch where do u tap the yellow wire?? and also as for the fuel safety switch which wire taps to it?? is it the white wire from the relay and the other to the body ground?? any help would be great
Old 03-13-2003, 11:35 PM   #7
jdkindle

jdkindle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
was it the ground? sounds like it
jdkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 02:26 PM   #8
BOOGSYNMARY

thanks for the help guys i found the problem.. the nitrous solenoid, msd rpm switch and fule pressure safety switch were all wired wrong.. i dont know what my local shop did but thank god its working fine now.. some kid told me i dont need a fuel pressure safety switch cause its just gonna keep on cutting off my nitrous?? is this true?? he said that my motor will blow eventually once pressure drops.. will this happen to our rsx?? someone told me i need to tweak it too?? i have no idea how to do this?? but anyways do we really need one?? let me know.. thanks
Old 03-17-2003, 02:10 PM   #9
UntouchableRSX-S
..::Untouchables::..

UntouchableRSX-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
BOOGSYNMARY: What was wrong with the wirings. Mine is doing about the same thing yours is.(or was)
Old 03-25-2003, 10:05 PM   #10
Ericcarver1
Master Member

Ericcarver1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I want a 100 wet shot of Nos, NX is the best, please please show me a link to the link with the best prices.

eric