Acura's push button shifter for the new TLX - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
MAD CAT
Acura 3.2TL

MAD CAT is on a distinguished road MAD CAT is on a distinguished road
Acura's push button shifter for the new TLX

Here is Acura's push button shifter. What do you think?

Old 08-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
RazeEverything

RazeEverything is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RazeEverything is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RazeEverything is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RazeEverything is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RazeEverything is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RazeEverything is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RazeEverything is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RazeEverything is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Don't like it at all..
RazeEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #3
hhasheart
M30W

hhasheart is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Cool if there are paddles on the wheel
hhasheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
matcha

matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Wow, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
matcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
Stefan876

Stefan876 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Stefan876 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Stefan876 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Stefan876 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Stefan876 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Stefan876 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Stefan876 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Stefan876 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I can see some of us reaching for the stick when u hop in

Stefan876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
I like it personally. Sleek and removes that big unnecessary shifter when in an automatic you put it in D and leave it.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
Squidward

Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Squidward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Reminds me of the Edsel
Squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #8
JuBaby
Batman

JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JuBaby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD CAT View Post
Here is Acura's push button shifter. What do you think?

only problem i have with it is that if for what ever reason the car stays stuck accelerating, it'll take a second or two more to press that small ass N button. Those 1-2 seconds could be the difference between no accident and a major one.

Other than that, very innovative and sleek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soflysimon2012 View Post
Money might not buy happiness, but it does buy car parts, and that makes me happy.
JuBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #9
BOMrsxS
Master Member

BOMrsxS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Kinda like what Aston Martin has on their dash.
BOMrsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
Clean_DC5S
You're all faggots

Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean_DC5S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Awesome for a daily
Clean_DC5S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #11
mallen600
Pancakes

mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuBaby View Post
only problem i have with it is that if for what ever reason the car stays stuck accelerating, it'll take a second or two more to press that small ass N button. Those 1-2 seconds could be the difference between no accident and a major one.

Other than that, very innovative and sleek.
Why wouldn't you just push the brake pedal? Perfect for an auto. I drove a Dodge Ram for work that had a turn knob on the dash to shift from P-R-N-D. When I got in I was like "what the fuck" but after a day or two I didn't even notice it. People won't like this at first because it is a little different, but it should be fine for a sedan type vehicle.
TN CREW #6[/B]ABP Crew Member #79[/B]
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
***PIC OF BUFFALO HERE***
mallen600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #12
nbleak21
Mechanic

nbleak21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nbleak21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nbleak21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nbleak21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nbleak21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nbleak21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nbleak21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nbleak21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dash, ok. tunnel, not so much.

With how many times I've spilled my coffee in that location, I'd hate to think of what might happen if the electronics got coffee-logged...
nbleak21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:30 AM   #13
SSSlim

SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Buttons are only on the v6s. 2.4l TLXs have a tradition shifter. It has paddles, they're standard on Acuras now.

My only issue with the buttons is that it will automatically go into park when you open the door.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
SSSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #14
method:K20Z1
cyprus

method:K20Z1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbleak21 View Post
Dash, ok. tunnel, not so much.

With how many times I've spilled my coffee in that location, I'd hate to think of what might happen if the electronics got coffee-logged...
This x1000

It should be on the dash somewhere. How can they fuck something this obvious up?
method:K20Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:57 AM   #15
R-SeX

3000 is on a distinguished road
Fail... or just not my style.
3000 is offline   Reply With Quote