Auto Base With Turbo And Spray - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-13-2003, 12:05 PM   #1
Platinum linx

Platinum linx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Auto Base With Turbo And Spray

auto looking good.. with a lot of power

below is the blackout that happened in aug.. space view
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackout_from_space.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	74272  
Platinum linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Platinum linx

lets' try this again

Old 10-13-2003, 06:34 PM   #3
WarmPepsi
Master Member

WarmPepsi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
so wait....... he flips a manual, i'd assume an s...

so he goes and buys a base auto, and unloads his penny jar.

not smart things list......
base auto
19's!!!!
"tremendous downforce" :shakehea:
Mounted his bottle where it looks like he has no BOV, shouldn't be allowed to run at a sanctioned track.

edit: add the weight of all his goodies, and the roll cage, i'd LOVE to see a 1/4 time on that.
WarmPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #4
kvector
Unlucky

kvector is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
If I recall from this article (which is a re-re-post from a couple months ago btw), he wasn't even spraying when they did the dyno run on it. The nitrous kit is just in there for show and wasn't even hooked up yet. :shakehea: And yes, silly wing, 19" wheels, and excessive sound systems make the whole thing pointless.
kvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:30 AM   #5
Platinum linx

slow down .. it was posted in one of the base auto forums .. b/c it had nitrous i posted it here.. true 19's and a heavy sound system takes away from the power .. but if you're over 300 whp .. power is power man ... all he did was up his weight, and he offset it by adding more power .. i'm pretty sure he would still run a decent time 1/4 mile ..
Old 10-14-2003, 06:48 AM   #6
WarmPepsi
Master Member

thats why i'd LOVE to see it.

and see how long it lasts
Old 10-14-2003, 09:44 AM   #7
bunimoo
fizz chicago

bunimoo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
umm...i heard that he sprays the intercooler...and wen they did dyno it...the nitrous wasnt used

FIZZ AUTOSPORTS CHICAGO
bunimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 04:38 PM   #8
WarmPepsi
Master Member

yup, and auto is auto. again, i'd love to see what it runs.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:35 PM   #9
SaCH
baby buffett

SaCH is on a distinguished road
no matter how much you dress up a base auto, its still a base auto.

"In life and business, there are two cardinal sins.. The first is to act precipitously without thought and the second is to not act at all." -Carl Icahn
SaCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 07:05 PM   #10
GSR-KILLER

GSR-KILLER is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
this is basically a riced out BASE SS Rsx, that got turbo charged...... I mean come on, APC CF hood , the Air force one kit is a shitty quality kit, the goddamn park bench hanging off theback of the car.... ARRGG I hate it when cars like this get put into magazines. why can't a car Like EDO's or Elevations or JDM's car be put in pages of an import magazine? because they choose ricy shit like this that appeal to 16 year old Brian Spilner wanna be's .... END of rant.
GSR-KILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:15 AM   #11
Platinum linx

park bench lol . i'm not a spoiler fan either ..
Old 10-15-2003, 05:07 PM   #12
n8236
Future C.F.O.

n8236 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Damn boys, no one ain't got no love for this ride just cuz it's an auto?! Com'on now. I guess if i ever supercharge or turbo chage my ride, i'm gonna be called rice and ppl screaming at me telling me it's still a gayass automatic.
n8236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 06:03 PM   #13
WarmPepsi
Master Member

heck yeah, again you're just that kinda guy
Old 10-15-2003, 11:21 PM   #14
GSR-KILLER

GSR-KILLER is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
just cause it's not a type S.... why the hell would you spend that much money in to a base ? upgrade to a Type S insted. then turbo charge it or swap it or something..... Nothing aginst base models or SS they serve their purpose of being a daily commuter that has sporty appeal, but to put the low end model that got turbo'd in a national magazine and say how great it is, I just don't see the point of turbo or supercharging a SS Base? can some one please enlighten me ? not trying to be an ass just curious!!!
GSR-KILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 06:40 AM   #15
WarmPepsi
Master Member

i'm more baffled at the "auto" part of it.

he'll get to the 1/4 track and........ power brake? :shakehea:
Old 10-16-2003, 07:06 AM   #16
Platinum linx

Modifying a base. .. I'n my experience a lot of people who really enjoy moding cars never get the top of the line one ... they like to make it themselves..

type -s has bigger brakes... You are going to upgrade to a big brake system anyway .. so save the money get a base

type -s has a strut ... that you are going to change

type -s has an 8" sub and speakers.. that you are definitely going to change

type-s has leather .. a lot of people like to put racing seats or custom leater .. so why bother get the type -s

sunroof -- fuck i love mine .. i wouldn't get rid of it for the world .. but there is a lot of people that race .. who don't want one

type -s motor -- here is the catch .. 40 hp difference.. but less torque of the line than a base.. to many people they want to mod the engine and be up there with a moded type -s .. there is more glory in it .. remember there is a bottle neck .. "par exampla" francais = french .. the civic sir was done with some changes.. i can't state cause i don't remember , but point being it was moded. and they applied the same changes to a type s .. the civic ran roughly the same times .. dyno'd the same result .. I do know for the most part it evens out ... it may cost a base a lil more work.. ( but not always)

-type -s in Canada $32200 .. plus options ( if any) plus a hefty 1.15% tax do the math

premium in canada ( type -s luxury less the 8" sub with base motor $28,200 plus options and 1.15% tax

base in Canada $25,200 , options and 1.15 tax

Then you got to factor insurance .. insurance isn't cheap in Ontario, and right now they are dropping people for the slightest thing..

So all in all it may be more economical for some, or it maybe more practical for others not to get that motor and leather..

you may still spend the same amnt on the car .. but you can do it over a period of time

$32,200-$25,200 is $7000.00 that can get you a turbo, nitrous, and racing seats..

As for the auto Part .. Yeah i don't get it .. but the article says he had a manual before ..

none the less I personally like the look of the car, and what's wrong with APC ..
Old 10-16-2003, 07:10 AM   #17
WarmPepsi
Master Member

i only have issue with one part of that largely ricer math.

Quote:
Originally posted by Platinum linx
none the less I personally like the look of the car, and what's wrong with APC ..
whats RIGHT with them :shakehea:

think, just for one minute.... how sweet a ton of cars would look, if apc was never founded......... no ricer tails, no washer lights, no shopping cart wings..

man, i only wish.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:01 AM   #18
stillstock

stillstock is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
if apc didn't find the ricey shit someone else would have...but i understand what you're getting at

i think the article was good in the fact that there are alot of people who have auto base's because of varying reasons
the base engine makes a simpler turbo engine as well

i have an auto base...and if i really wanted to turbo or do whatever else this article would be useful....but i really don't want to...my car is a commuter

anyway the car would look alot better without the wing and a less agressive body kit...i lov ethe stock honda kit
stillstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:20 AM   #19
jstn

jstn is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by GSR-KILLER
just cause it's not a type S.... why the hell would you spend that much money in to a base ? upgrade to a Type S insted. then turbo charge it or swap it or something..... Nothing aginst base models or SS they serve their purpose of being a daily commuter that has sporty appeal, but to put the low end model that got turbo'd in a national magazine and say how great it is, I just don't see the point of turbo or supercharging a SS Base? can some one please enlighten me ? not trying to be an ass just curious!!!
i have an auto and want to supercharge it not to try to race it but to have a faster daily driver....ive driven a stick and it is fun but i dont like doing it all the time.....i bought my rsx because it looks good, definetly not for speed so i figure if i can add a supercharger it would be a more fun daily driver.... i love my car and i know there going to be alot of people bashing me about an auto w/ a supercharger but its what i want and it really doesnt matter what anyone else thinks imo.................as far as turbocharging goes i wouldnt think about doing it cus then its saying you are looking for top hp and i wouldnt do that for a base auto
jstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:40 AM   #20
rest
Spicy Raccoon

rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep
rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep
Quote:
Originally posted by GSR-KILLER
Why bother with the type s? Why not get a Mustang GT or an SS Camaro or something? Why bother with a 4 cyl. at all if huge ammounts of power is all you crave?

I also am not trying to be an ass.. Just curious...

-R
rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #21
AlwaySmokin

AlwaySmokin is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Hey at least he's sponsored by U.S. Smokeless Tabacco.

Hmm maybe they might be trying to cater to a youth market I don't know.

D

Ex RSX owner
05 350Z track
441 HREs 19x9.5f 19x11r
Trial Titanium exhaust
Koni SA's Custom 38mm front Sway
AlwaySmokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:30 PM   #22
FireHawk

FireHawk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
plus the base runs the lower compression engine (9.8 instead of 11) so you can run 7 or 9 psi without any serious problems. but if you are going to rebuild the engine at least the 2.4 L crank and stroke that mother.

Josh
FireHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:25 AM   #23
Platinum linx

RICER MATH

Quote:
Originally posted by WarmPepsi
i only have issue with one part of that largely ricer math.

whats RIGHT with them :shakehea:

think, just for one minute.... how sweet a ton of cars would look, if apc was never founded......... no ricer tails, no washer lights, no shopping cart wings..

man, i only wish.
How is that Ricer math, Not everyone can afford a type s, up front , or insurance wise.. does that mean they should not be allowed to mod the car???

some people come arcross cash in stages .. then they are able to do things.. if manufacturers had the same thought process as you all non type s drivers would be shit out of luck for after market parts .. .. who wants to pay big buck on insurance for a factory powerful engine.. when you can get a base or premium , pay lower insurance and mod the hell out of the motor.. after a while .. there is a bottle neck .. the letter "s" wont make that much of a difference if a person mods their car right ..

As for auto, that's not me .. I like to drive the car, not react to to the car.. But to each their own ..
Old 10-23-2003, 04:59 PM   #24
WarmPepsi
Master Member

re read that whole rant you posted a week ago.

you act like buying a base is "smarter" because you can "mod it up" to be faster.

if you're gonna mod a car, you're gonna mod a car. if i got a base, i wouldn't say "well, i saved 4k, i better dump 4k more into my car". i'd do the same stuff. and no, you don't see me running around with tower bars + wacked out suspension settings. why? because i don't have a clue or care about them. therefore a little "tower bar" makes no difference to me.

and if all of that is implying that S owners look down a bit on bases, you're damn straight. stock, or modded, we don't care, but unless you're a gimp and can't drive manual, $$$ is the only issue.

lets move this onto a field we can all cope with.

how many modded civic dx's have you seen in the last few years. no passenger mirror, but $2k wheels. just makes you wonder.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:19 AM   #25
Platinum linx

lol @ pepsi .. civic dx .. not the same scenario .. look @ it this way GSR and ITR .. that's in effect what the rsx is now .. the tegs had 3 different motors .. 130 hp(ls, rs,gs) 160 hp(GSR) &190 hp (ITR).. now we have 160 & 200 .. so basically gsr and ITR .. does that mean a GSR can't mod a car .. ?? lets put it this way .. if you planned to build the motor from bottom up the whole way.. getting a type s makes no difference than a premium..

as for affordability .. i stand by "not everyone can put the cash up front or afford the insurance.. " Nor was last week a rant.. it was simply devils advocate on another way of looking @ it . You may have yours which many people agree with .. .other people have different view ..

would i drive a base auto .. that's not for me .. but do i put those people down .. that's not me either ..