New but excited to be apart of an rsx forum - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
kurtfoster85

kurtfoster85 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kurtfoster85 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kurtfoster85 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kurtfoster85 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kurtfoster85 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kurtfoster85 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kurtfoster85 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kurtfoster85 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
New but excited to be apart of an rsx forum

I just bought a bone stock 04 rsx automatic. (Only because my wife will need it once in a while and shea horrible with standards) what are aome nice add ons to make it go a little faster. And just some wide open variety of advice is always welcome. I love the car anf always wanted one so I need your guys help! Thank you all who give a bit of advice!
kurtfoster85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Kurt; welcome and good choice on a reliable daily driver. Keep the RSX stock in my opinion, you will get the true value and enjoyment out of it that way (being it is an auto with the base motor). However the basic Intake, Header and exhaust might net you a few HP but nothing to write home about in my opinion (unless you have the tune-able ECU known as Kpro). However some add ons to make it more enjoyable (as well as functional) to drive would be, some HID headlights, broadway mirror, window visors and window tint. Dont be a stranger and enjoy the new car.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:50 PM   #3
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What are the roads like in your area? I've got some nice curvy driving roads local to me, so all I've done so far to my auto is handling and making the car look good. Engine's still stock, but I get plenty of enjoyment out of it. Until I go after real power with mine, I wouldn't bother with anything more than a mild exhaust system just to give it a nice sound - nothing loud, of course; personally, I hate when cars (or more often trucks, in my area) make a ton of noise but can't move quickly enough to back it up.

Being an old car, give it a good look-over and tackle the maintenance first, though.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice choice! As Arctic mentions, an intake and maybe subtle catback exhaust might be fun, but lieu of the Kpro tuner, you could just send in your ECU for a reflash, which is the basemap you would get with Kpro before you make any customized tuning adjustments. As such, it's much cheaper ($300) and might be what you want? I read that you will benefit most from running premium on the reflash, but it is not a requirement:
https://www.hondata.com/reflash-rsx-base-at
https://www.kseriesparts.com/HD-K20A3-A.html

Again, this will lock you in, so if you plan to swap out your catalytic converter for a long-tube header or swap A2 cams and rockers into your A3 head, then you will definitely need Kpro to make it work (That cam/pin swap gets pretty complicated and really gets into some engine modding (and people suggest upgrading the head to a K24A1 CRV one), so don't get in over your head)
Old 03-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #5
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Due to the unfortunate nature of the automatic trans, gains for us are generally shit... but still existent. I/H/E and a tune or reflash will definitely provide you with more fun factor, but you'll still get smoked by most vehicles (ask me how I know )

Welcome to the forum.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote