Owner new to the forum, 2006 RSX Type-S - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
attendee

attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Owner new to the forum, 2006 RSX Type-S

Hello everybody. I bought this car back in July actually, got it with 85k miles on it. However I’m just getting on the forum.
I bought the car as it is right now, boltons with a minor tune: N/A AEM Cold air intake, vibrant race header, 2.5” catback exhaust, motor mount upgrades, and a short shifter.
I’ve put 12k miles on it since I bought it, and since I graduated I’ve started doing minor things to it that I’ve read about here, from a taillight gasket replacement to manual transmission fluid (oem honda) and motor oil chnages (castrol edge full synth).
Over the next year or so I’d like to make the switch to forced induction, though it would be modest in many ways since I’d still like to daily the car.
See y’all around!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93638624-1B98-47D1-93BB-D2C7D1BE0EC2_1556337453357.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	644.8 KB
ID:	549185  
attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Your RSX looks spotless. Even for a daily driver, forced induction mods donít have to be done on a modest level if itís done correctly.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
reddirtross

reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Sexy looking RSX. Welcome to the club!
reddirtross is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 07:18 PM   #4
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Car is very clean, but i'm confused, looks like an 05-06 front, with a 02-04 rear spoiler.
am i wrong, or am i seeing things... lol
Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
attendee

attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx attendee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
Your RSX looks spotless. Even for a daily driver, forced induction mods donít have to be done on a modest level if itís done correctly.
Thanks! Iíve started talking to some people over the weekend who were saying the same thing: it largely depends on the tuner, so Iíll keep that in mind and maybe Iíll be less modest.

Thanks reddirtross!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmikatt View Post
Car is very clean, but i'm confused, looks like an 05-06 front, with a 02-04 rear spoiler.
am i wrong, or am i seeing things... lol
Thank you! Not very sure about the spoiler actually. It only clears about an inch above the trunk, and I assumed the 02-04 style is the one thatís another 3 to 4 inches up. I saw yours in your new user post and though that was a neat one. Yours is OEM 05-06?
attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:48 PM   #6
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yes that is a 02-04 spoiler, 05-06 has a solid lip type spoiler attached to the hatch lip.
post a rear view pic of the car. A big wing on the rear is from Aspec, and Type R.
Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:58 PM   #7
reddirtross

reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx reddirtross is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by attendee View Post
Thanks! Iíve started talking to some people over the weekend who were saying the same thing: it largely depends on the tuner, so Iíll keep that in mind and maybe Iíll be less modest.

Thanks reddirtross!

Thank you! Not very sure about the spoiler actually. It only clears about an inch above the trunk, and I assumed the 02-04 style is the one thatís another 3 to 4 inches up. I saw yours in your new user post and though that was a neat one. Yours is OEM 05-06?
Most welcome. It's really a great ride you've got there. Very impressive.
reddirtross is offline   Reply With Quote