*** Official Shift Knob Thread*** - Page 39 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Interior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #951
02sevenspokes
A Little Dirt Never Hurt

02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i've got a blox type R edition neo-chrome (400g), a polished and brushed blox 490g limited series neo-chrome, and i'm probably getting a gunmetal type R edition blox 400g

Something has to stretch
02sevenspokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #952
Jaggernaut
broke

Jaggernaut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jaggernaut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jaggernaut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jaggernaut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jaggernaut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jaggernaut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jaggernaut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jaggernaut is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
just installed the club rsx knob.. accidently dropped the adapter down the center console and fell behind the e-brake. PIA to get it and PIA to get the shift boot somewhat decent looking. what should have taken a minute took 30

cool knob tho
Jaggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #953
vash_the_stampede
popcorn playa

vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore
vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore vash_the_stampede Golden Rep Whore
Hehe
/anime crew#4/lefty crew #1/ Late Night Crew#10/All Motor Crew #21/vAsh vAse cR3w! #1 TcK~!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEvoIX View Post
I want cream cheese on my baked potato
vash_the_stampede is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #954
muffinkevin

muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just ordered a Blox neo chrome shift knob, just a question about installing it. My shift knob now is installed by the previous owner and it looks like he didn't do it properly because the stock "ring" thing is just dangling and sits on the boots. How do I install the shift knob so it looks like this?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Photo0331.jpg

Do I need to zip tie it? But looking from that picture he's using the stock ring to hold it up.
muffinkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #955
02sevenspokes
A Little Dirt Never Hurt

02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinkevin View Post
Just ordered a Blox neo chrome shift knob, just a question about installing it. My shift knob now is installed by the previous owner and it looks like he didn't do it properly because the stock "ring" thing is just dangling and sits on the boots. How do I install the shift knob so it looks like this?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Photo0331.jpg

Do I need to zip tie it? But looking from that picture he's using the stock ring to hold it up.
get the CRSX shift boot adapter, i have one with my blox knob and it works great, the only kicker is that its $20

Something has to stretch
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #956
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
BLOX 490LE Shift Knob (Gunmetal I think?)
Recaro Black Shift Boot w/ Red Stitching and CRSX Shift Boot Adapter

Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #957
initiald3s

initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Blox 490 LE Neo Chrome

initiald3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #958
muffinkevin

muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx muffinkevin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by initiald3s View Post
Blox 490 LE Neo Chrome

That's the one I got, just waiting for it to come in the mail. I see you got the CRSX boot adapter, is it worth it? Can I use the stock ring without taking the console out and tying it with a zip tie or something?
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #959
initiald3s

initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Uhh I'm not sure. I bought the car like this so all I changed was the shift knob. Sorry.
initiald3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #960
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
Quote:
That's the one I got, just waiting for it to come in the mail. I see you got the CRSX boot adapter, is it worth it? Can I use the stock ring without taking the console out and tying it with a zip tie or something?
I think the CRSX shift boot adapter is worth, but it is pricey to some since it's only a piece of plastic.

Just search on here of people using rubber rings or whatever, they have their own DIYs and stuff. It'll probably save you like $15 on buying the adapter.

And you're suppose to take off the stock ring, and to take it off, you don't have to take the whole console out. There's only a portion that covers the shifter box. Just open you cup/tray thing and pry it up and you'll see how to take it off. Really simple. I can take pics of the process if you need more help or what not, just send me a PM.

I have a pic just a few posts up on this thread. If that helps at all.

BTW, I see you are a fellow Albertan
Old 04-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #961
muffinkevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackystride View Post
I think the CRSX shift boot adapter is worth, but it is pricey to some since it's only a piece of plastic.

Just search on here of people using rubber rings or whatever, they have their own DIYs and stuff. It'll probably save you like $15 on buying the adapter.

And you're suppose to take off the stock ring, and to take it off, you don't have to take the whole console out. There's only a portion that covers the shifter box. Just open you cup/tray thing and pry it up and you'll see how to take it off. Really simple. I can take pics of the process if you need more help or what not, just send me a PM.

I have a pic just a few posts up on this thread. If that helps at all.

BTW, I see you are a fellow Albertan
I don't think I'll get the adapter, the shipping to Canada is just too crazy, adds up to like 40 dollars. Any idea how to fit the Blox with the stock ring? Sort of like how to make it look like this?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #962
hotrodhonda

hotrodhonda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hotrodhonda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hotrodhonda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hotrodhonda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hotrodhonda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hotrodhonda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hotrodhonda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hotrodhonda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
RAZO Super Lo
hotrodhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #963
02sevenspokes
A Little Dirt Never Hurt

Quote:
the CRSX adapter is metal

Something has to stretch
Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #964
rick1024
Eat Liberals

rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
I don't think I'll get the adapter, the shipping to Canada is just too crazy, adds up to like 40 dollars. Any idea how to fit the Blox with the stock ring? Sort of like how to make it look like this?
zip ties. i used them with my skunk2 before i got the ring
FUCK YOUR OFFSET
rick1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #965
02sevenspokes
A Little Dirt Never Hurt

blox type-r limted series neo chrome W/CRSX adapter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0085.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	616.3 KB
ID:	352462  

Something has to stretch
Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #966
rick1024
Eat Liberals

rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
everyone seems to be loving the blox

anyone have the hybrid racing or the brass clubrsx?
FUCK YOUR OFFSET
rick1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #967
ghost044

ghost044 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ghost044 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ghost044 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ghost044 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ghost044 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ghost044 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ghost044 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ghost044 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thumbs up Setup

Quote:
BLOX 490LE Shift Knob (Gunmetal I think?)
Recaro Black Shift Boot w/ Red Stitching and CRSX Shift Boot Adapter

What kind of short shifter u got sits low?
ghost044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #968
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
Also got me a new shift knob! Thanks Hybrid Racing

nickel

compared to my blox

and installed
Old 05-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #969
swaggal0s0
DC5 Owner

swaggal0s0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx swaggal0s0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx swaggal0s0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx swaggal0s0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx swaggal0s0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx swaggal0s0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx swaggal0s0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx swaggal0s0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Can anyone tell me of a good shift boot to go with my skunk 2 shift knob
Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #970
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggal0s0 View Post
Can anyone tell me of a good shift boot to go with my skunk 2 shift knob
www.redlinegoods.com
Old 05-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #971
XXXdc5
Team Android

XXXdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
Also got me a new shift knob! Thanks Hybrid Racing

nickel

compared to my blox

and installed
OMG THAT THING'S FUCKING MASSIVE. and I thought my Blox one was big lol. I almost got the hybrid one actually.
Free Hyetothesky Crew #6
Mugen parts for sale
XXXdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #972
acbodoh

acbodoh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx acbodoh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx acbodoh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx acbodoh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx acbodoh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx acbodoh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx acbodoh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx acbodoh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Stainless steel and its 465 grams
I got it made at lathewerks.com
acbodoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #973
02sevenspokes
A Little Dirt Never Hurt

that looks like like its the size of a baseball

Something has to stretch
Old 05-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #974
tallonxx

tallonxx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tallonxx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tallonxx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tallonxx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tallonxx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tallonxx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tallonxx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tallonxx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
06+ CTR shift knob, Crsx shift boot adapter, shift boot from black interior rsx.
tallonxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #975
FoxInaBox
Moar Posts!!

FoxInaBox is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FoxInaBox is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FoxInaBox is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FoxInaBox is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FoxInaBox is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FoxInaBox is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FoxInaBox is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FoxInaBox is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just did a swap over from stock type s boot and knob to a type r boot and a skunk2 knob.

Before.

After.

I used various DIY's to keep the boot up and it works perfect. There is no retaining nut under the knob and it fits perfect Aligns great.

OH! Took only like..15-20min (never took apart the center console before )