Stock 07 350Z ran 13.285 at 107.19? - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #76
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com
 
magnEsium's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 15,007
iTrader: (28)
magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE
Uh oh..

Can we say trade in? lol


I hate that steering wheel though, damn that bugs the hell out of me
magnEsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #77
crazy
.
 
crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,750
iTrader: (0)
crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectR View Post
nissan > honda
If Nissan Motorsport is called NISMO, is Honda Motorsport called HOMO?
crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #78
Machina
del
 
Machina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,360
iTrader: (2)
Machina is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnEsium View Post
Man, why did I buy an RSX when I could have bought a GTO for like 17k?

Fuck. That pisses me off lol

LS1+ > K20A2
I was looking at them on autotrader last night when I read this thread. If my car gets totaled or stolen, I'm test driving one, that simple.
Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #79
ProjectR
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 25,279
iTrader: (1)
ProjectR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post
If Nissan Motorsport is called NISMO, is Honda Motorsport called HOMO?
no doubt
ProjectR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #80
Kevin949
Big Pimpin
 
Kevin949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,710
iTrader: (19)
Kevin949 gets around and is known
Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known
man...this thread....is funny. no 300 whp NA k20's....lol. Sure the Z runs low 13's stock, good for it. Is that a shock? Fact still remains that a k20 rsx, bolt ons + cams (still LESS power than a stock Z's output and less cost all together) can run low 13's with a good driver as well. So, *shrug*. not knockin the 350z but c'mon, some of you Z fanboi's need to get over yourself and your car. Same with some RSX owners.
Kevin949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #81
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com
 
magnEsium's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 15,007
iTrader: (28)
magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE
oh hey, look! a 300whp NA rsx^^^^ lol


magnEsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #82
Hump
Omnomin' outta control
 
Hump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 21,810
iTrader: (0)
Hump is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin949 View Post
man...this thread....is funny. no 300 whp NA k20's....lol. Sure the Z runs low 13's stock, good for it. Is that a shock? Fact still remains that a k20 rsx, bolt ons + cams (still LESS power than a stock Z's output and less cost all together) can run low 13's with a good driver as well. So, *shrug*. not knockin the 350z but c'mon, some of you Z fanboi's need to get over yourself and your car. Same with some RSX owners.
The cost argument is retarded. Everyone has a slow piece of shit compared to a fox body or 1st generation dsm.

The fact is that 90% of people who buy rsx's or 350z's are financing them and making monthly payments, so the entire price of the cars are irrelevant.

Equal amount of money spent on modifications will still leave the 350z way ahead of the rsx. Simple as that.
__________________
Sincerely,

Frank

PS: http://www.autotalkcrew.com/index.php
All the cool people are doing it.
Hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #83
Kevin949
Big Pimpin
 
Kevin949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,710
iTrader: (19)
Kevin949 gets around and is known
Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known Kevin949 gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hump View Post
The cost argument is retarded. Everyone has a slow piece of shit compared to a fox body or 1st generation dsm.

The fact is that 90% of people who buy rsx's or 350z's are financing them and making monthly payments, so the entire price of the cars are irrelevant.

Equal amount of money spent on modifications will still leave the 350z way ahead of the rsx. Simple as that.
Sure thing champ, sure thing.
Kevin949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #84
orangekeebler
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,609
iTrader: (0)
orangekeebler is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
11-11-2007 04:49 PM idiot, you asked him to prove you wrong about resale and he did
whomever left this as my neg rep..you are wrong. I am asking him how a GTO is a "POS" compared to the 350z. and resale, im sorry, is NOT a valid argument for this one. performance makes a sports car, not its resale. who gives a shit if my resale is only $1...i didn't buy this car to trade it in..i bought it to keep it.

and i find it humurous how he brought up the comparison between the two cars, when mine wasnt even in the initial post that started this all. i made one comment about the Z, which we all know to be a well known fact, and he got all pissed off. its pretty funny if you ask me...so yes, im just instigating him. feel free to join.
orangekeebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #85
teamfastasknutz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)
teamfastasknutz has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekeebler View Post
whomever left this as my neg rep..you are wrong. I am asking him how a GTO is a "POS" compared to the 350z. and resale, im sorry, is NOT a valid argument for this one. performance makes a sports car, not its resale. who gives a shit if my resale is only $1...i didn't buy this car to trade it in..i bought it to keep it.

and i find it humurous how he brought up the comparison between the two cars, when mine wasnt even in the initial post that started this all. i made one comment about the Z, which we all know to be a well known fact, and he got all pissed off. its pretty funny if you ask me...so yes, im just instigating him. feel free to join.
Wrongo, you did ask me buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekeebler
where are your facts for this? pleaes post up links, reports, etc.. instead of just saying "oh, its there..believe me." because honestly, you are not a reliable source. there are a few people that post here, that their words can be taken as truth, becasue they really do know what they are talking about. you, simply dont. i am on the gto boards, yet dont see all that many resale threads popping up. why would there be? people love the car..they didnt buy it to sell it back.
teamfastasknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #86
orangekeebler
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,609
iTrader: (0)
orangekeebler is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfastasknutz View Post
Wrongo, you did ask me buddy.
point proven..i had forgot i posted that...ill give you that one. but when i personally give a shit about resale, i will be sure to let you know.


so onto the next order: you completely bash the gto by calling it a POS..do explain.
edit: why did you decide to compare it to my car, when it was no where in this inital thread? that made me lulz too..

Last edited by orangekeebler; 11-11-2007 at 05:57 PM..
orangekeebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #87
teamfastasknutz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)
teamfastasknutz has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekeebler View Post
dude..you ONLY have an argument of resale value. thats not relative to a cars PERFORMANCE one bit. please, explain how my gto is a "POS" as you call it? or how is the 350z better? please..do explain, and resale is not a valid argument. everyone will just laugh in your face.
You say you bought your car to keep but you say you are going to try to get a corvette down the road? stop contradicting yourself. GTO and most GMs are POS. That's the reason why they depreciate so bad even brand new on the lot of dealers. You think such a great car like the gto depreciate like that? Why doesn't the c6 corvette depreciate like that? Maybe because it's actually a better car. If you haven't notice on the ls2 forums, a lot of people think the newer GTO is garbage car compared to the old GTO(the reason why they even bought one, to bring back the old memories). Shit, even the newer G8 is already getting much more recognition than the GTO. That's sad.

I actually try to know a lot about other cars, so like i told you before, i'm not a fanboy. I know the bad part of cars, i know the good part of cars. If i feel someone is wrong about something, i'll let them know. Simple as that. You won't understand until your car (5.7) goes down to 10k next year and every idiot on the road will have one. Most people buy it because HP/Dollar, it's cheap. That doesn't make it a good car.
teamfastasknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #88
junwoni
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)
junwoni is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
what's going on here? did it turn into GTO thread? lol.
junwoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #89
teamfastasknutz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)
teamfastasknutz has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by junwoni View Post
what's going on here? did it turn into GTO thread? lol.

yes sorry. Didn't mean to thread jack you.
teamfastasknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #90
orangekeebler
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,609
iTrader: (0)
orangekeebler is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfastasknutz View Post
You say you bought your car to keep but you say you are going to try to get a corvette down the road? stop contradicting yourself.
silly man. yes, "DOWN THE ROAD" meaning in about 30 years. not 3. i contradicted nothing

Quote:
GTO and most GMs are POS. That's the reason why they depreciate so bad even brand new on the lot of dealers. You think such a great car like the gto depreciate like that? Why doesn't the c6 corvette depreciate like that? Maybe because it's actually a better car.
you say "they are a pos" but you dont list up why. and compared to what? not only that, but you are just being pretty vague in your reasonings. its like you have some personal vendetta against domestics. and again the resale value crap. a corvette does not depreciate as badly becasue of its name. thats a given fact. resale of a gto does seem to be lacking, but when that is a factor of a cars performance, im sure we will hear about it. usually the only people who care about resale are the ones that flop cars every year or two..and im not one of those people. so you can point out all the shitty resale figures you want, and it will do no good.

Quote:
If you haven't notice on the ls2 forums, a lot of people think the newer GTO is garbage car compared to the old GTO(the reason why they even bought one, to bring back the old memories). Shit, even the newer G8 is already getting much more recognition than the GTO. That's sad.
the g8 is getting recognition because its going to be a badass car. moreover than the gto. a big, beefy motor. 4 doors. rwd. still running a faster time than your unicorn, the 350z.

Quote:
I actually try to know a lot about other cars, so like i told you before, i'm not a fanboy. I know the bad part of cars, i know the good part of cars. If i feel someone is wrong about something, i'll let them know. Simple as that. You won't understand until your car (5.7) goes down to 10k next year and every idiot on the road will have one. Most people buy it because HP/Dollar, it's cheap. That doesn't make it a good car.
so youre saying the gto is a 'pos' because of its resale value, correct? roffles..
orangekeebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #91
orangekeebler
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,609
iTrader: (0)
orangekeebler is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by junwoni View Post
what's going on here? did it turn into GTO thread? lol.
yeah..thats what happens when fan boys get all pissy.
orangekeebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #92
teamfastasknutz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)
teamfastasknutz has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekeebler View Post
silly man. yes, "DOWN THE ROAD" meaning in about 30 years. not 3. i contradicted nothing



you say "they are a pos" but you dont list up why. and compared to what? not only that, but you are just being pretty vague in your reasonings. its like you have some personal vendetta against domestics. and again the resale value crap. a corvette does not depreciate as badly becasue of its name. thats a given fact. resale of a gto does seem to be lacking, but when that is a factor of a cars performance, im sure we will hear about it. usually the only people who care aboutresale are the ones that flop cars every year or two..and im not one of those people. so you can point out all the shitty resale figures you want, and it will do no good.


the g8 is getting recognition because its going to be a badass car. moreover than the gto. a big, beefy motor. 4 doors. rwd. still running a faster time than your unicorn, the 350z.



so youre saying the gto is a 'pos' because of its resale value, correct? roffles..

Ok, here's a list of why it's a POS. GM can't even make little simple things correct on the car.

Strut rub
Discolored clutch fluid
Sagging rear springs
Goop in coolant
Loose half-shaft bolts
Crappy key range/key battery dying
Some LS2's burn oil
Gear whine
Engine clatter and whistle
radius rod bushings failed
Leaky water pump
Loud air conditioner
Water leaks
Cheap window motors
Faulty throttle position sensors
Rear stitching on seats tear easily
Trunk not closing
Cheap Leather prone to cracking and fading
Ignition won't turn on a lot of times
Paint chipping (Aussie paint < USA paint)
Electrical Gremlins:
-Cluster Dances at times
-Idle goes nuts / goat chokes at times
I had the temp sensor replaced...seemed to have done the trick
--Now only the sporadic slug-- def. an electrical prob.
teamfastasknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #93
teamfastasknutz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)
teamfastasknutz has been a little shit in the past
Oil consumption is bad. shouldn't be happening at all. Even if an oil catch helps it, it's shouldn't be there.
teamfastasknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #94
orangekeebler
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,609
iTrader: (0)
orangekeebler is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfastasknutz View Post
Oil consumption is bad. shouldn't be happening at all. Even if an oil catch helps it, it's shouldn't be there.
every motor burns oil....
orangekeebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #95
teamfastasknutz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)
teamfastasknutz has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekeebler View Post
every motor burns oil....
2-3 quarts every 1.5 months? I don't think so. the 2006 350z with the rev up motor did this. NIssan replaced so many engines. So they came out with a whole new engine design for 2007
teamfastasknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #96
Blown330
Blown is Better
 
Blown330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 3,107
iTrader: (0)
Blown330 is on a distinguished road Blown330 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfastasknutz View Post
Ok, here's a list of why it's a POS. GM can't even make little simple things correct on the car.

Strut rub
Discolored clutch fluid (add discolored brake and power steering fluid to Nissan's list)
Sagging rear springs
Goop in coolant
Loose half-shaft bolts
Crappy key range/key battery dying
Some LS2's burn oil (lot of VQ engines do)
Gear whine
Engine clatter and whistle (make this valvetrain rattle for the VQ's)
radius rod bushings failed
Leaky water pump(leaky heater cores...which are right next to the ECM...good planning Nissan)
Loud air conditioner
Water leaks
Cheap window motors
Faulty throttle position sensors (make this the IACV)

Rear stitching on seats tear easily
Trunk not closing (while on Nissans the trunk needs help to open)
Cheap Leather prone to cracking and fading (Oh don't even mention the paper thin "leather" Nissan uses...didn't know leather could be sprayed on...
Ignition won't turn on a lot of times
Paint chipping (Nissan has had shitty paint for decades)
Electrical Gremlins:
-Cluster Dances at times
-Idle goes nuts / goat chokes at times
I had the temp sensor replaced...seemed to have done the trick
--Now only the sporadic slug-- def. an electrical prob.


Just highlighting the common complaints of Nissans for comparison....

Let's not forget cheap, failure prone CV joint boots, stereo systems are problematic at best (just love how my radio antenna retracts itself at random), and glass transmissions.

Sorry but if you think Nissan has a better track record than GM in terms of vehicle problems you are seriously dilusional.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley4284
I suck blue and orange donkey cocks and let them finish in my asshole.
Blown330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #97
teamfastasknutz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)
teamfastasknutz has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown330 View Post
Just highlighting the common complaints of Nissans for comparison....

Let's not forget cheap, failure prone CV joint boots, stereo systems are problematic at best (just love how my radio antenna retracts itself at random), and glass transmissions.

Sorry but if you think Nissan has a better track record than GM in terms of vehicle problems you are seriously dilusional.
Are you comparing nissans or 350zs? Because 350z def doesn't have paper thin leather. It's actually too thick. They don't have any alarm range problems, no water pump leaks..EVER..no, cluster doesn't dances, etc.

A high mileage, lower year 350z is worth more than a newer GTO with low miles. If the GTO is so much better, faster, etc, why is it going down the drain? That's my point.
teamfastasknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #98
Blown330
Blown is Better
 
Blown330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 3,107
iTrader: (0)
Blown330 is on a distinguished road Blown330 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfastasknutz View Post
Are you comparing nissans or 350zs? Because 350z def doesn't have paper thin leather. It's actually too thick. They don't have any alarm range problems, no water pump leaks..EVER..no, cluster doesn't dances, etc.

No...Jaguars have thick leather, 350Z's have a leather suitable for golfclub covers. No leaking water pumps huh? Wonder why my friend's G coupe has had 2 replaced so far? His car also just decided to turn the engine off while cruising on the highway...no..no electical gremlins there at all... I also love how the plastic the center console is made from scratches anytime something more abrasive than a fucking feather touches it too. You know what else is a stunning example of Nissan engineering in 350Z's (also Maximas and Altimas since 1995)? Power window regulators. Gee...why do they keep failing? Afterall there is no reason to expect the steel cable the regulator drives could possibly deform and eventually saw through the PLASTC housing that the cable bushing runs though. Must be a complete mystery to Nissan's engineers as to why aftermarket replacements not only use metal liners on the housings but also cost 1/3 as much.

Quote:
That's my point.
That you are a nutswinger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley4284
I suck blue and orange donkey cocks and let them finish in my asshole.
Blown330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #99
ap2_f22c1_vtec
Rice Boy
 
ap2_f22c1_vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)
ap2_f22c1_vtec is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Oh dang i just started a FANBOY wars.

__________________
1990 Civic DX Hatch
2006 Yamaha R6
ap2_f22c1_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #100
teamfastasknutz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)
teamfastasknutz has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown330 View Post
No...Jaguars have thick leather, 350Z's have a leather suitable for golfclub covers. No leaking water pumps huh? Wonder why my friend's G coupe has had 2 replaced so far? His car also just decided to turn the engine off while cruising on the highway...no..no electical gremlins there at all... I also love how the plastic the center console is made from scratches anytime something more abrasive than a fucking feather touches it too. You know what else is a stunning example of Nissan engineering in 350Z's (also Maximas and Altimas since 1995)? Power window regulators. Gee...why do they keep failing? Afterall there is no reason to expect the steel cable the regulator drives could possibly deform and eventually saw through the PLASTC housing that the cable bushing runs though. Must be a complete mystery to Nissan's engineers as to why aftermarket replacements not only use metal liners on the housings but also cost 1/3 as much.



That you are a nutswinger.
i'll agree with you with the window motors/regulators. They are pretty unreliable. 350z has that thing where you close the door, and the window going up and inch. Then when you open the door, the window goes down an inch. I believe that's for not trapping all the air in the car at one time making the ear pop or something. Adding little things like that make the window motor work extra.

And the water pump issue, if you look it up, it's not common.
teamfastasknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
350z , ran , stock

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Privacy Policy  |  Disclaimer Notice
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2012, Club RSX, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
This website is owned and operated by Club RSX, Inc.
Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX are not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc.