My RSX passed out...... - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-16-2003, 11:58 AM   #1
Racer RS X

Racer RS X is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
My RSX passed out......

This was strange. Yesterday was warmest day we have had this winter. My car has been running great, which is a good thing because of all the O2 sensor and computer problems I had with it when it was new. Anyways. I am sitting in a taffic and my car dies. No shaking, wierd noises, it just shuts down. It took me a few minutes to get it started again. Since then it has been fine. It did not throw a check engine light and according the Rev Speed it is still putting out the same horse power. I have not hit the nitrous since Weds, and this happened on Saturday, so I do not think the nitrous has anything to do with it.
The only thing I wonder, and this is a long shot...... ...I have an AEM short ram on the car. I was in stop and go traffic on the hottest day of the winter....70s. The days before had been in the 30s and 40s. Is it possible that the heat (under hood heat going into the AEM SRI) got to my car. It is has not been in warm weather for a while. Plus in the summer I noticed that heat, high 80s and 90s really affected the car, it really sucked. I don't know .
Let me know what you guys think.
Racer RS X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2003, 02:00 PM   #2
macatz2

macatz2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
how big of a shot are you runnin, just curious
macatz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:28 AM   #3
Racer RS X

Racer RS X is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I am just running just a 50 shot. But, I do not think the car cutting off and the nitrous are related. I might be wrong, but there are a lot of people here that have been spraying longer than me without issues.
I am really hard on this car. 50K miles and it gets redlined at every possible oportunity (but never when the engine is cold).
Racer RS X is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2003, 11:37 AM   #4
MuGeN PoWeR

i dont think its the heat. I use to have an Injen sri and down here it is way hotter than 70 degrees. That is cold for us.. lol
Old 02-27-2003, 08:43 AM   #5
bulgingtwine
Swingline!!!!!!!!!!!!

bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though bulgingtwine is cool, not as cool as some though
oops... probably Az's fault...

muahahhahaa
Old 02-27-2003, 09:15 AM   #6
RSX Factor
this is my inner child

RSX Factor is an unknown quantity on c-rsx

LOL
Az I had nothing to do with this.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:10 AM   #7
SuPaNooK

SuPaNooK is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i think its just a manual cars problem, a couple of my friend have manuals (stock civic/stock mazdaspeed) and when they were on the freeway, they car just stalls out, no jerk no nothing, just dies, and they struggled to pull to the side of the freeway and started the car again, happened to them a couple times, dont know why. I thinmk certain manual cars have that problem, maybe it wasnt made well or something...
SuPaNooK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 06:14 AM   #8
WarmPepsi
Master Member

WarmPepsi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
thats a sign to GET MORE GAS!
WarmPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote