BEWARE: SR Motorcars in Gardena aks Steven Rodgers is a SCAMMER!! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > REGIONAL RSX > United States RSX > Southern Cali
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
sweettalker

sweettalker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
BEWARE: SR Motorcars in Gardena aks Steven Rodgers is a SCAMMER!!

Posting this to get the story out there. This is a true story about my friend.

Its been 3 years and 3 months since i started the G35 project and only thing i have is a 55,000 dollar brick. I'm writing this so other people can avoid what has happened to me and stay away from SR motorcars.

Long story short, I started a project w Steven Rodger who runs a shop called SR motorcars, back in April 2007. The car was suppose to be done by November 2009. I gave him all the money by Aug 2008, which was about 50,000, but the car didn't come out until last month, May 2010. After 3 years the car was still not completed. None of my gauges worked, and the car wasn't running right. When i took it to another shop for inspection, I quickly found out the car was in a mess. I'm talking to a lawyer, and filing a fraud case against SR motorcars.

Now in details..... Back in 2007 around mid April, I had a chance to start a project car with one of my friend who owned a shop. It was going to be a wide body G35(since i had one) with a RB26 motor swap, but he had another customer who wanted to do the same thing so it got canceled. This is when I told Steven Rodgers about the project(we were friends back then) and how much i wanted to do it. About a week later he came up to me and asked if I was still interested in the project. When i asked him why, he said he also wanted to do a project like that but didn't have the money for it. so he asked if i was willing to pay for the parts and he would do all the labor and once the car was done he would take it to shows/magazines and promote his shop and afterwords I would get the car back. So i asked him how much this would coast and he told me it should be around 50,000 dollars.

Originally he told me that he would finish the car for the SEMA show, which is in Nov. quickly SEMA came along but the car was nowhere near completion. back then I couldn't say much because i only forked out 30,000 dollars. his next plan was to finish the car by 2008 SEMA show. Also around this time he moved in and we became roommates. By Aug 2008, i paid him $40,000 and this is when things started getting really messed up. Around this time steven rodgers came up to me and asked if i could give him the rest of the 50,000. I told him that I didn't feel comfortable giving him all the money without a contract agreement and any sort of invoice (yeah... bad idea) and also i didn't have the money. (i was going to sell my wrx when the car was done and give him the remaining money) after hearing this SR told me that he knew a friend that worked at a loan company and I could pull out the loan and pay it off with the wrx money. I asked him why couldn't he pull out a load instead, his answer? bad credit. so this is when we signed a contract agreement(stating that if the car is not done by end of Nov 2008, he would give me back the money) and he wrote me an invoice w parts that he was going to buy and have modified.

So SR took all the money by now.. was the car done by the SEMA show? nope. when Nov came and i asked him if the car was done, the answer was no. He also told me that he was going to move out of the apartment cause he didn't have any money to pay rent. (funny thing is while he was living w me for 14months he only paid rent twice, the rest? he would tell me to take it out of the project money and later he will put it back in) any how... when i asked him that i wanted my money back, he told me that he had no money and there was nothing he could do and telling me that either i could sue him and waste more money and time or just trust him one more time and give him more time to finish the car.

Who would've thought that little bit more time would become another year and a half. In order to speed up the process i even had to buy more parts for things that he already charged me for. (for example he charged me 1000 for gauges.... i bought my own tv screen and hks camp 2, he charged me 4000 for rims and tires, i ended up buying my friends used rims. he charged me 1500 for custom intake... at the end he just put a metal screen in front of the turbo...) I also gave him a set of defi gauges and he 'lost' the gauges. He said it wasn't his fault and he wasn't going to replace it or pay me back. He lost them back in feb 2008, when he went to jail for four months and one of his worker stole the gauges(defi 60mm boost, oil temp, oil pressure) from his office. (or at least that's what he says) why did he go to jail? well that's another story so ill skip it for now.

The gauges alone was worth 800, but he thinks its not his problem since it wasn't him who stole them (wow really...) anyway, after picking up the car i went to another shop right away(about 5mils away) just to make sure it was safe to drive it on the street. this turned out to be a very good idea since i found out that the car was not safe to drive at all. For examples, the drive shaft was too short, transmission mount was hitting the case, transmission and the engine was held by only the top three bolts together, 4 bolts on the bottom was missing, gasket between the tranny and the engine was missing, fan in the engine bay stopped working after few days(he made it in a way where the fan would stay on all the time if the engine was running) even tho the only time the car moved was to move it within the shop. straight pipe was hitting the body, he couldn't make the down pipe fit so he made a dent on it so it would fit. i also found a piece of hose holding the radiator in place (instead of making sure everything fits he just did some half *** job). also most of electric stuff doesn't work. In the beginning stage of the project, one of his worker decided to cut all the bcu wires (there was no reason to cut these wires) so what does SR do? instead of buying the right harness for the car, he buys a used one that doesn't even fit the car. result? the key-less is useless(doesn't work.. door lock/unlock, trunk release), the side mirrors doesn't move, the trunk will open only when the key is in the ignition, the radio doesn't work, and windows stopped working. (probably a bad connection) there are a lot more problems w the car but i think you get the idea now.

I also found out that his shop is not even registered shop. yep thats right.. this is the site you can go to and see it for your self, http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Repor...orts-100030581 the registered shop is called S&R motor sports(it has the same adres and phone no) and its owned by his land lord. I don't know what the deal was between him and his land lord but i think this is very shady way of running a business. I even talked to BAR and they said they are looking in to this situation. (they said hes not suppose to be working on street cars at all, since he doesn't have the license for it. even for the dyno (if anything happens to your car while its in his shop...well good luck.) Also never give him money for parts.. he will charge you for a new one but will put in a used part.(lot of the components in my car is used) There were more crazy **** during the project but I will stop here.(It seems like its getting really long.... ) So people watch out for this shop (and the owner)!!! If hes willing to scam people around him, I am sure he has no problem scamming others. Another thing that pisses me off the most is that hes been going and telling ppl (his friends and other customers) that when he gave me the car it was running perfect and nothing was wrong with it and I'm really happy about the car.....

PICS : http://www.flickr.com/photos/5163706...57624507515918

P.S : if you know some one or have been scammed by SR motor cars, please let me know, my lawyer says the more people I can find, the stronger I can build this case.

update : found out hes going to jail at the end of this month (end of July 2010) He did a settlement with the two girls that filed the lawsuit. Hes going in for couple years (not sure on exact time). Some might ask what were the charges.... well im not going to say it, but ill give you a hint. It rhymes with grape.

these are some pics, for more goto the link on the top

Custom intakes?? Nope, just mesh grill covering the turbine.. FIAL.

PIC of the SCAMMER

Last edited by sweettalker; 07-19-2010 at 01:18 PM..
sweettalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
itsBryan
Nomnominin'

itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start
didn't read, too long... but good luck, car looks like it was not taken care of at all.
piece of shit rsx fucking gay ass raping penis tucking car full of fwd failfucking fuck shit rsx sucks my dick...fwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchbookSS View Post
FWD is for faggots.
E46 ///M3
itsBryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
con5tant
lettuce be cereal

con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thats pretty shitty
con5tant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
thekhmer
DC5-R (車両型式について)

thekhmer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
was the cost of the car in for 50 grand also?
'06 MM RSX 9/18/06<3 RIP 10/2/2007
'09 Flat black GY6 ruckus
'08 Grey 2t ruckus
thekhmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
LOW TRQ
My torque is low like

LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore
LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore LOW TRQ is a hardcore rep whore
find out where he lives and kill all his pets.
LOW TRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
No Future
Ibredlightreving

No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thats fawked up.
No Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
760-dc5
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

760-dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 760-dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 760-dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 760-dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 760-dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 760-dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 760-dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 760-dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
gl gettingg the money back
Old 07-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
ekay
Banned

ekay is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Damn, can't believe he graped those girls, what a prick.
ekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
Projekt BOM
I'll stick you!

Projekt BOM is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
That guy is a scumbag. Sorry to hear that. Shops nowadays are horrible. Unless you can do it yourself, it's not really worth doing it.
I <3 Driving Slow Crew #58
Motorcycle Crew Member #26
BB Crew The rest are weak
Projekt BOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
DC5 Timo
mmmmm lion balls

DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
damn thats horrible.. i hate scammers
Comptech FTW Crew #1
q/___\p
/Oo.\\_. A ._//.oO\
\_o__|R S X|__o_/
Efucked Yan Crew Member #2
DC5 Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
WRSeXy
TAP TAP U MAD

WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though
Flickr link doesn't work.

That is messed up. I can see how it could spiral out of control though... especially if he started off as a friend.

If he raped two girls he's fucked up and I hope he gets skullfucked in jail.
WRSeXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
ekay
Banned

ekay is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Any parts left off your coupe that you're willing to sell? (Just to recoup from your loss)
ekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #13
Projekt BOM
I'll stick you!

Projekt BOM is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
If that's him in the picture he looks like a shady ass scammer
I <3 Driving Slow Crew #58
Motorcycle Crew Member #26
BB Crew The rest are weak
Projekt BOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
clean3two3
Master Member

clean3two3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Damn that sucks. Hopefully you get you're stuff back/money.
clean3two3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
sweettalker

That is the scammer in the picture. Car price was included in the price.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #16
sweettalker

REPLY FROM MY FRIEND:

yo ppl, this is my g35 project. just saw this thread... i think some of you got it little bit wrong. I do have a contract agreement and an invoice from him. problem is that since SR motorcars is not a registered shop, it gets little bit messy. I know it was my fault to give him all the money (not all front, i gave him over the period of time..little bit over a year. ) I really didnt think I would get ****ed over by him.. (well lesson learn.) the whole point this thread was to inform ppl about this shop and what kind of person Steven Rodgers is. If i knew half of what I know right now back then, I would've told him to f*ck off. and yes I couldve bought a GTR w this amount of money (well little bit more) but just wanted to something different. haha well i took it to anther shop and im trying to finish what i started hopefully it will be ready for this years sema. this is the link to flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/5163706...omments/#comme
nt72157624507515918
Old 07-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #17
Steve Type-S
Trading HP for MPG

Steve Type-S is on a distinguished road
Damn that sucks ass. Good thing the fgt got what he deserved at the end.

This story reminds me of the 350z debacle with Import Image: http://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-o...0z-ruined.html
Steve Type-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #18
TEASPOONGUY
God-like Member

TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TEASPOONGUY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
damn sucks dude!!!!

pursue this to the end.. there is someone that will get you your money back
Old 07-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #19
con5tant
lettuce be cereal

con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Type-S View Post
Damn that sucks ass. Good thing the fgt got what he deserved at the end.

This story reminds me of the 350z debacle with Import Image: http://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-o...0z-ruined.html
ive seen that Z driving around LA. its probably one of the sickest Zs ive ever seen
con5tant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #20
xknowonex

xknowonex is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I have been to Steve's shop a few times a few years back and he seemed like a very trustworthy and a very knowledgeable guy, as he was a former Apexi engineer. He was really cool back then and gave me a ride in his drift SC300 on the streets and I allowed him to try to drift my SC300 as well just to mess around. The only work that he ever performed on my was installing my EDFC for my Tein SS coilovers. One thing that was funny is that he always had random hot ass girls visiting him at the shop from myspace or wherever. Not sure why he would need to rape anyone but that sucks to know that his life went down the toilet and that he scams people now.

Here are some pictures of him from his old myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/hapasteve
xknowonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #21
Cali Ghost
LAKERS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

Cali Ghost is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
fuck scammers

MinoriteaM Member #5 Morning Post Crew #3 Efucked Yan crew member #4
CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post
i only come out when there are noodz
Cali Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #22
l98vette85
Hi Hater.

l98vette85 has a clean start l98vette85 has a clean start l98vette85 has a clean start
LETSGO LAKERS!Morning Post Crew #2LETS GO ANGELSDrive Slow Homie #36
<3 RIP PICKLE
|Canon 40D|BGE2|Tokina 12-24 F4|Tamron 28-75 F2.8|
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDizzle View Post
I like having sex with my wife but if you do too, I'm going to have to cut you
l98vette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #23
HyetOtheSky
aYO!

HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though HyetOtheSky is cool, not as cool as some though

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoingMe View Post
I have like 5 accounts that's been banned because of a faggot named FiveN9ne who kept reporting me my first ban was only for a week for some minor trolling so I created a new account. Fuck that faggot if he is still around.
HyetOtheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #24
srt42004n
Master Member

srt42004n has been a little shit in the past
any pics of the car tho?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #25
meez
THE Elitist Douchebag

meez is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiven9ne View Post