Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread) - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #51
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road
i have 2 more questions for you guys regarding 12.5CR k24 on e85. plan on running a 100shot, maybe 125, what would i nee for injectors? it will be direct port and dry. i was thinking like 650s?

next question is, what would i need for a fogger for direct port dry? ive seen those fuel injector rings, and im not to sure about them, and they also have a fuel port for wet, and the only other foggers ive seen are for wet. all the dry foggers seem to huge to stick into a runner.
04 RX-8
03 RSX-S
NinetySixYenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #52
K20egcw
Got Juice??

K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetySixYenko View Post
i have 2 more questions for you guys regarding 12.5CR k24 on e85. plan on running a 100shot, maybe 125, what would i nee for injectors? it will be direct port and dry. i was thinking like 650s?

next question is, what would i need for a fogger for direct port dry? ive seen those fuel injector rings, and im not to sure about them, and they also have a fuel port for wet, and the only other foggers ive seen are for wet. all the dry foggers seem to huge to stick into a runner.
Get some ID1000's for your injectors. As far as foggers go, just get some conical style dry foggers (4) and tap then into your intake manifold as close to the plenum as possible while keeping it in the runner.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #53
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20egcw View Post
Get some ID1000's for your injectors. As far as foggers go, just get some conical style dry foggers (4) and tap then into your intake manifold as close to the plenum as possible while keeping it in the runner.
could you link me a site to where i could buy some? all i seem to be able to find is some huge ass things that would hit the bottom of the runner.

damn, 1000s?
04 RX-8
03 RSX-S

Old 06-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #54
LastTypeS
Master Member

LastTypeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
do the ones that are sold in the CRSX store hit the bottom?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #55
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

Was unaware crsx sold any sperate, all I saw iin the store was a wet/dry kit single fogger
04 RX-8
03 RSX-S
Old 06-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #56
LastTypeS
Master Member

LastTypeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
oh man i completely misunderstood. Reading> me. I thought you were talking about some crazy long injectors lol
Old 06-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #57
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

haha, all good
04 RX-8
03 RSX-S
Old 06-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #58
K20egcw
Got Juice??

K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20egcw is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetySixYenko View Post
could you link me a site to where i could buy some? all i seem to be able to find is some huge ass things that would hit the bottom of the runner.

damn, 1000s?
Yessur, with E85 @ ~350hp you would need just under 700cc's of injector. With the ID1000's you'll never have to buy another injector since you'll have room to expand, and you'll have a great injector with an excellent spray pattern and a nice smooth idle as well. When I upgrade my shot, ill be going with ID1000's as well. Here is what I've found for a fogger setup for direct port (I lost my favorites list somehow but found these pretty quick)

4 of these for the foggers.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Zex-D...Q5fCarQ5fParts

Then you can weld some of these bungs on, that way there are a few more threads holding it in (you dont need to thead it all the way into the runners. Just enough were its about in the middle of the hole.
http://www.race-mart.com/Fragola-FRG-496700.html
Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #59
Qc-Sam-S
Rsx type-S 2003

Qc-Sam-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Qc-Sam-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Qc-Sam-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Qc-Sam-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Qc-Sam-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Qc-Sam-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Qc-Sam-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Qc-Sam-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I bought a Nx dry kit 3 month ago and I got a problem. Well it's not working. I got my relay i got my pin30 that is wired directly to the battery ( with a 40amp fused). I got my pin 85 that is wired to the output E21 of the kpro , thepin 86 that is 12v keyed from my cigarett lighter and the pin 87 that goes directly to the solenoid.

I runned a couple of test to try to find the problem

-first the relay is changing position where the conditions of the kpro that I set are meet

-The pin85 is giving 12v when the condition ARE NOT meet and then give a 0v when theyre meet (like its supposed to be)

-the pin 86 is always at 12v

-I looked at the pin87 and it got 0v when theyre not meet and when they are they have 9.45v going to the solenoid.

So I said wtf my solenoid is broken cause it were all suposed to work fine...

So I took the wire of the pin87. Cut it and put it directly to the battery and the solenoid was working now...

Another weird thing is that after I tried so pull and some test when I turn of the key the solenoid work for a sec like a purge

Can Anyone Help me ? Please and thank you for help

Ran another and found where was the problem. Its really the E21 connector that doesnt send the ground to the relay. I jumped a ground to the 85pin and the solenoid opened when I was keyed. So I dont really know what to do I think Ill just try with e20 cause my smelt was well done and it was not working.. Open for some opinions

Last edited by Qc-Sam-S; 06-16-2011 at 04:01 PM..
Qc-Sam-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #60
kizznipp

kizznipp is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
100+ shot guys chime in.........

Been running an 80 shot for awhile now, but wanna step up to 100+ shot. Ive been told with a 100 shot to retard ignition timing by 2 degrees. The current kal im running has ignition advanced 9 degrees over stock in some areas. My question is if i retard ignition timing by 2 degrees on a 100 shot (Im stiil 7 degrees above stock timing) is this gonna be safe? Should I retard timing more then 2 degrees in nitrous parameters?
kizznipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #61
BluDC5

BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey does anybody have the skunk2 composite fuel rail? My question is does it have a fitting for Nitrous?
BluDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #62
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluDC5 View Post
Hey does anybody have the skunk2 composite fuel rail? My question is does it have a fitting for Nitrous?
What do you mean by a fittin for nitrous?
Old 07-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #63
BluDC5

BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I read some fuel rails have a fitting to tap for fuel for a wet setup
Old 07-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #64
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Oh I see. I know K-Tuned has some "Tucked" fuel rails with a spot in the middle of the rail you can tap into for nitrous.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #65
Dc5Nightmare
Super sLow

Dc5Nightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Nightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Nightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Nightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Nightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Nightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Nightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5Nightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
just checking to make sure Im not missing anything...
I have a dry nitrous kit that I bought from DynoTune
everything is wired up (activation switch, kpro, etc)
I have RC650cc injectors
Ngk 8s
bottle warmer
pressure gauge

I dont have a 255 fuel pump, but I hear people use the stock one also. Im spraying 125 shot and would like to be sure nothing is missing before my tune.
Thanks
Old 07-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #66
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5Nightmare View Post
just checking to make sure Im not missing anything...
I have a dry nitrous kit that I bought from DynoTune
everything is wired up (activation switch, kpro, etc)
I have RC650cc injectors
Ngk 8s
bottle warmer
pressure gauge

I dont have a 255 fuel pump, but I hear people use the stock one also. Im spraying 125 shot and would like to be sure nothing is missing before my tune.
Thanks
Sounds like you got everything ready to go! Go tune that hoe and let us know what it makes :thumbup:
Old 07-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #67
EDU

EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluDC5 View Post
heres my set up, wet kit with a 75 shot, as you can see in the pic i used the ports on the left side, one for the nitrous and the other one for my fuel gauge. hope that helps.

EDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #68
K20egcw
Got Juice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDU View Post
heres my set up, wet kit with a 75 shot, as you can see in the pic i used the ports on the left side, one for the nitrous and the other one for my fuel gauge. hope that helps.

Do you ever get a lean spike when you spray? I've heard of people tapping off their fuel rails for nitrous, but when they spray, the rail is deprived of fuel for a little period of time. Looks pretty good though.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #69
EDU

EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EDU is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
No not really, but as you can see im still running my oem FD and maybe that helps, most of the people get rid of theirs for a "cleaner" look.
EDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #70
BluDC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDU View Post

YES! that answers my question completely. And looks like you have the kit i want as well haha
Old 08-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #71
ViNhXoNxAcCoRd
Song Ve Lon

ViNhXoNxAcCoRd is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizznipp View Post
100+ shot guys chime in.........

Been running an 80 shot for awhile now, but wanna step up to 100+ shot. Ive been told with a 100 shot to retard ignition timing by 2 degrees. The current kal im running has ignition advanced 9 degrees over stock in some areas. My question is if i retard ignition timing by 2 degrees on a 100 shot (Im stiil 7 degrees above stock timing) is this gonna be safe? Should I retard timing more then 2 degrees in nitrous parameters?
im running 100 shot..i retard the ignition timing 3 degrees

as for the skunk2 fuel rail..i use to have it but i got a gas leak from the left side of the fuel rail..i put 20k miles on it ..double check o rings and it was fine..turn out the skunk2 fuel rail got damage which i dont know how[crack underneath where the injector slides in]..samething happen to my friend with the skunk2 fuel rail but his happened a 2 months before it happen to me..i switched out to aem fuel rail and put 30k miles on it and nothing happen..all o ring was replaced before installing both fuel rail..seem like the aem fuel rail is holding very good for my nitrous setup
ViNhXoNxAcCoRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #72
02civic629
Banned

02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
im running a dry single stage shot right now but i saw the dry dual stage shot under the wire diagrams page and was wondering how could this better me if i was to upgrade, like if i wanted a bigger shot couldn't i just setup the jets up in my single shot?
02civic629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #73
ViNhXoNxAcCoRd
Song Ve Lon

ViNhXoNxAcCoRd is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
dual stage shot is done to get better traction ....ex: 1st hit is 25 shot then 2nd hit is 50 shot.....low shot to high shot.....you could up the pills ..thats up to you...what shot are you going for?
ViNhXoNxAcCoRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #74
NIKKA-de_c2-slo
Is Reppin DudeBlvd

NIKKA-de_c2-slo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
quick question. is it a bad idea to go nitrous with reflash ? like i know people who dont have anything (kpro or reflash) and shoot 75 wet all the time with h/i/e with no problems...
2M AutoBody/ 2M AutoWerks
Getting Fucced Up Ryan Dunn Style
NIKKA-de_c2-slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #75
JoDaMo
like always have nice day

JoDaMo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JoDaMo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JoDaMo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JoDaMo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JoDaMo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JoDaMo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JoDaMo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JoDaMo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKA-de_c2-slo View Post
quick question. is it a bad idea to go nitrous with reflash ? like i know people who dont have anything (kpro or reflash) and shoot 75 wet all the time with h/i/e with no problems...
from what i read yes its a bad idea because the reflash advances timing
says it here
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=611000

"If titties were a stock I'd invest in breasts"
(Y)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JZ Type-S View Post
That strange man is being swallowed by her epic boobs. I support this product.
JoDaMo is offline   Reply With Quote