Would you find my DIY auto shop useful? - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #26
slow_rsx
+7

slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I think a llc would be the best that way if/when you get sued they cant go after your stuff, just the "businesses"stuff.

That being said it sounds like an awesome idea because I know theres been plenty of times where I was just like this would take 20 mins with an lift or 2 hours on jack stands...or where an air tool would have gotten the job done so much better, or just missing that one part and not being able to get it untill you find a friend to do a parts run.

Mabye if you set it up so you were like an auto parts store like pep boys or autozone attatched to that so that way the parts are right there and you have a "real" business that will attract people other than DIY modders, like people who just need blinker fluid or their flux capacitor refiled lol. But really, alot of people who go to auto stores arent car "enthusiasts" some just want to get car wash stuff, spark plugs, wiper blades etc. So if your area has a demand for that and you have the ability to start that up I think that would be even more aweosme for you and you wouldnt have the issue of what if they dont rent enough space or time to pay the bills that month.
government bans all the fun stuff. Can't smoke weed, can't drink Four Loko, can't drive 100mph, can't own a rocket launcher, can't snort cocaine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
slow_rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #27
Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
Expert Troll

Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road
sounds like a good idea
Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #28
Xander
Stupid Long Manatees

Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_rsx View Post
I think a llc would be the best that way if/when you get sued they cant go after your stuff, just the "businesses"stuff.

That being said it sounds like an awesome idea because I know theres been plenty of times where I was just like this would take 20 mins with an lift or 2 hours on jack stands...or where an air tool would have gotten the job done so much better, or just missing that one part and not being able to get it untill you find a friend to do a parts run.

Mabye if you set it up so you were like an auto parts store like pep boys or autozone attatched to that so that way the parts are right there and you have a "real" business that will attract people other than DIY modders, like people who just need blinker fluid or their flux capacitor refiled lol. But really, alot of people who go to auto stores arent car "enthusiasts" some just want to get car wash stuff, spark plugs, wiper blades etc. So if your area has a demand for that and you have the ability to start that up I think that would be even more aweosme for you and you wouldnt have the issue of what if they dont rent enough space or time to pay the bills that month.
Dammit I havent filled my flux capacitor lately! But yeah you make a valid point. Maybe a garage or two for employees to do work and maybe throw in some weeknight classes as well on simple shit that people can do.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #29
awp_map
You lose, good day sir!

awp_map is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It wouldn't be profitable and it probably wouldn't even pay for all of the equipment itself. You could make more money from just doing installs from your garage and charge whatever you'd like. If you are only charging 12 an hour, you might as well just get an extra regular job.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #30
33ReaZons

33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_rsx View Post

good idea! I didn't think about that! I'm going to have to put some serious thought into that. I wouldn't want to start a parts store on my own but partnering with autozone....golden!
33ReaZons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #31
slow_rsx
+7

slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow_rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33ReaZons View Post
good idea! I didn't think about that! I'm going to have to put some serious thought into that. I wouldn't want to start a parts store on my own but partnering with autozone....golden!
Not sure a major chain store would be allowed to go in on something such as that..If someone gets hurt thats their name on the line too not just the one business but all of them
government bans all the fun stuff. Can't smoke weed, can't drink Four Loko, can't drive 100mph, can't own a rocket launcher, can't snort cocaine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
slow_rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #32
33ReaZons

33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 33ReaZons is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thanks mods for moving this thread for me! I appreciate it.
33ReaZons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #33
freerider_4life
I make dyslexia sexy

freerider_4life is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I would definitely use it. We used to have one in Hamilton, but they stopped letting people DIY, so I stopped going there. We now have nothing