Honda to release VTEC Turbo engines, including V6 Twin Turbo. - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Island_DC5
Hafa!?

Island_DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Honda to release VTEC Turbo engines, including V6 Twin Turbo.

Well this is definitely interesting to hear, not sure how I feel as Honda has always been the N/A kings, but the other half of me says "about time" lol

http://www.edmunds.com/auto-shows/to...auto-show.html

Quote:
Just the Facts:
After months of speculation, Acura finally confirms that the new NSX will be turbocharged.
The 2015 NSX will also have three electric motors and a dual-clutch transmission with "more than six gears."
Unlike the first-generation NSX, the new Acura's engine will be mounted longitudinally.

TOKYO Confirming months of speculation, Honda officially unveiled the 2015 Acura NSX's V6, armed with a pair of turbochargers.

Acura wouldn't confirm any details or specs on the car other than that the engine will be unique to the NSX and not simply an Accord motor in a pretty package. Just from looking, however, we can tell this V6 is just under 90 degrees and features dry-sump lubrication and direct injection. Assuming a displacement of 3.7 liters, combined with the car's three electric motors, 550 horsepower sounds reasonable, if not conservative.

But the big news here is how the engine is positioned within the car. Unlike the original NSX, the new production model will have its engine mounted longitudinally and not transversely.

Hideki Wakamatsu, Honda's operating officer and chief officer of technology development for drivetrain and e-drive told Edmunds that the change from a transverse layout to the longitudinal one happened recently after extensive testing, but that the change would not delay the anticipated on-sale date of 2015.

Not only does this layout simplify packaging (look at how much material is behind the engine now), but Wakamatsu says that the car is dynamically improved with this configuration.

The Ferrari 458 Italia and McLaren MP4-12C, two of the NSX's benchmark competitors, also use a longitudinal midengine layout.

Those of you who are familiar with NSX history will know that this isn't the first time an NSX has gone longitudinal, as the Super GT racing NSX also featured this layout.
http://world.honda.com/news/2013/413...ine/index.html

Quote:
Honda Develops VTEC TURBO Direct Injection Gasoline Turbo Engine That Achieves Class-leading Output and Environmental Performance
TOKYO, Japan, November 19, 2013 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced that it has newly developed VTEC TURBO, a direct injection gasoline turbo engine most suitable for small-to-medium-sized vehicles. The VTEC TURBO is a new addition to the Earth Dreams Technology, the next-generation powertrain technologies which achieve both the fun of driving and excellent fuel economy at a high level.

2.0 L 4-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo enginezoom
2.0 L 4-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo engine
1.5 L 4-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo enginezoom
1.5 L 4-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo engine
1.0 L 3-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo enginezoom
1.0 L 3-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo engine
With the application of variable valve motion technology such as Honda's unique VTEC along with direct injection turbocharging with highly-fluidized combustion and a thorough reduction in engine friction, this engine achieves class-leading output and environmental performance, while downsizing engine displacement.

Along with existing hybrid technology and diesel engine, the VTEC TURBO that features displacement size variation of 2.0 L, 1.5 L and 1.0 L will be adopted by Honda's future global models in accordance with characteristics of each model and needs of local customers.

Lineup of direct injection gasoline turbo engines

2.0 L 4-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo engine
High output and high response were achieved by VTEC, a high-output turbocharger, direct injection technology, and a high-performance cooling system. This is an innovative high-performance engine that realizes the maximum output of more than 280 HP as well as high environmental performance that complies with the EURO 6, European emission standards which will become effective in 2014.

1.5 L 4-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo engine / 1.0 L 3-cylinder direct injection gasoline turbo engine
These are next-generation compact engines that combine a base engine with a newly designed framework, the VTEC variable valve train system with thoroughly reduced friction, a turbocharger with a low moment of inertia and high responsiveness, and direct injection technology to achieve good balance between high output and torque, above those of conventional naturally-aspirated engines, along with excellent fuel economy.

Last edited by Island_DC5; 11-19-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Island_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
G3min1
Curious Gooner

G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Yeah i just saw this and was gonna make a thread for it. good thing i searched.

But 2.0L turbo = 280 HP.... Finally!
Cons: Your car can blow up

Supercharger Pros: You get that distinctive supercharger whine going down the street.
"Beating a Dead Horse Crew " Member #1
G3min1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Extra Krispy
Former Mod-Still a God

Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit Extra Krispy probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Beat me too it. Its about freaking time

]
Extra Krispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
G3min1
Curious Gooner

G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Slightly upset they left our the 2.4L tho hehe

beggars cant be choosers right?

Supercharger Pros: You get that distinctive supercharger whine going down the street.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Island_DC5
Hafa!?

Island_DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3min1 View Post
Slightly upset they left our the 2.4L tho hehe

beggars cant be choosers right?
Yeah I agree, would have loved to see a 2.4L Turbo too but I dunno, I guess Honda knows what theyre doing lol.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
Cchavez414

Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Is it still going to be considered in the k series family or just a whole new motor. Definitely sounds fun. Everyone Knows Hondas reliability n more power is always a plus :thumbup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
G3min1
Curious Gooner

Garage
I think they are a new series of engines.

After clicking around a few links today I also heard they were talking about bringing back the S2000 into the lineup come 2015. Could you imagine the F20 engine turboed, but that's super optimistic.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
Cchavez414

Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cchavez414 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I heard some rumors that the s2000 would come v6. Idk honda does need to step its game up

Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
rest
Spicy Raccoon

rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep
rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep rest is easy..................when it comes to rep
i heard honda will give away blowjobs with every s2000 bought.
rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
SLOWrsx_1969
Modding One Car Is Easy

SLOWrsx_1969 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
A part of me is excited. Another part of me has been let down before after "big news". Until I see otherwise (by "see" I mean on dealer lots) I'll assume that Honda will do what it does best.

Be conservative.

1979 Chevrolet Pickup 1500 4x4 10" lift, 40" Boggers.
SLOWrsx_1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
DeeezNuuuts83
Master Member

DeeezNuuuts83 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DeeezNuuuts83 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DeeezNuuuts83 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DeeezNuuuts83 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DeeezNuuuts83 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DeeezNuuuts83 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DeeezNuuuts83 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DeeezNuuuts83 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Too bad they don't have anything cool to put it in, or at least not anything meant for the U.S. market.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rest View Post
i heard honda will give away blowjobs with every s2000 bought.
sign me up!

I just worry about things like the RDX came turbo and was unuseable.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:13 AM   #13
rsxonic

rsxonic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Did honda just crawled out of their cave or something?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #14
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
i will believe all or any of this once we start seeing this in person
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASK Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew CRSX Mod Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02
I'm surprised you even drink coffee

With it being black and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #15
.:famous:.

.:famous:. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx .:famous:. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx .:famous:. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx .:famous:. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx .:famous:. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx .:famous:. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx .:famous:. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx .:famous:. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
i will believe all or any of this once we start seeing this in person
Same here...

.:famous:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
mark0006

mark0006 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mark0006 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mark0006 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mark0006 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mark0006 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mark0006 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mark0006 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mark0006 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The v6 twin turbo I am excited about.
mark0006 is offline   Reply With Quote