Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Project FG1 to AP1

Tags
ap1 fg1 project
15K views 127 replies 12 participants last post by  Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#104 ·
wow, how do you keep finding cars with red interior??? that car looks really clean, and comes with an aftermarket HU which is nice i guess. i will do my best to keep the s2k comments in this thread and not in the brz/frs thread lol.

#105 · (Edited)
every time I start to think I won't find a good one something else pops up..lol

there is an 06 much closer to us for 16500 but private party and loans is annoying. I would like to have stability control for winter and the ability to flashpro tune if I ever wanted to, but I also think stability control is lame and i dont care for dbw throttle

it looks a little low, i hope it was done right

#108 ·
I really like the red and black combo like you posted earlier. In a GPW it looks really amazing IMO... Mine was all black and i liked it alot, that was until the seats got stolen. I believe 06 was the only year they did solid black in GPW. All the others are either all red, red and black, and i think one year had tan and black lol. Not really sure about the other colors, as i was only get to get white when i got mine.

#109 ·
i hate all red...lol, love black and red....really love ap2 black and red..lol

i only like tan interiors in black cars, dates back to 1993 when my mom was grand cherokee shopping, there was a black limited 5.2 v8 w/ tan interior and i always wished she bought it..got stuck in my head.

#117 · (Edited)
just barely, not as bad when you are actually driving. my knees basically rest on the side of wheel..lol.

I would probably get the lowered seat rails if I actually buy one. My fiancee hates suzuka blue and she doesn't think an s2k enough of a car to replace our civic..lol

edit: today it was like 100 out so it was free heat, I just forgot to shut the ac when i romped on it..lol. Still it was fast even enough with the ac..lol.

#122 ·
That looks like a nice Ap1, but they are definitely asking too much. You should be able to negotiate to 15k easy.

#124 ·
they said the price is based on the availability and other prices in the area. I said nada is ~14500. They said they could go down hundreds in the price but it didn't sound like they would move thousands, let alone $3200, so we said we would have to think about it. In fairness to them it was in immaculate shape and they are very hard to find in this area so idk they may get near what they are asking, not from me though. They were nice to deal with though, idk maybe they will give me a call..lol.

First test drive? What did you think?
it was pretty much exactly how everyone described it, I mean i didn't really try to test the handling too much because I didn't want to end up in a ditch. The suspension felt amazing, like I had read, you feel everything on the road but the bumps don't punish you like some other cars. Shifter was incredible. Low end power was horrible..lol. I did find reving to 9k a bit less exciting than I expected but it was really hot and I left the ac on so idk. IMO more than enough power for a car like that though. The space is a bit of a challenge being 6'4", I think I would defiantly invest in lower seat rails, because really the biggest problem is the wheel being between my knees, I don't think I would ever be able to totally master the handling being my size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.