Circuit's Silver 2002 RSX Type-S - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #51
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit View Post

Thanks! The front is pretty much perfect. Rubs the fender liners even though they're cut. That could be resolved by raising the car, or letting it fix itself . I'll be doing the latter. I do wish the rear were higher offset so I could run the same amount of camber all around. Maybe go +25 front and +40 rear with a 5mm spacer to clear the trailing arm?
If it's only the liners, perfect!

The x9 et35 may still rub depending on height. When I had x10 et25 up front, these x9 et35 were in the rear, I needed a 3mm spacer to clear the RLCA. More of a problem with ride height though.

I am on a more conservative alignment now, -1.3* front but if -2.0* clears x9 et25 maybe I'll go to -2.0 again.
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2017, 12:14 AM   #52
Circuit

Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5 View Post
If it's only the liners, perfect!

The x9 et35 may still rub depending on height. When I had x10 et25 up front, these x9 et35 were in the rear, I needed a 3mm spacer to clear the RLCA. More of a problem with ride height though.

I am on a more conservative alignment now, -1.3* front but if -2.0* clears x9 et25 maybe I'll go to -2.0 again.
I'll try to get a "down the line" shot in the next couple days!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #53
Circuit

Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Some updates!

New pads (Hawk Ceramic) and rotors (Adams Rotors Drag 2 pattern)

Got a bunch of body parts painted and installed
ASpec front lip (rep)
Type-R side skirts (OEM)
ASpec wing (OEM)
Aspec rear lip (to be installed)

Need to find a replacement hood with better paint, repaint this hood, or find a carbon one?

Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #54
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Congratulations, Circuit! She looks great!

I've never seen a rotor pattern like yours; do you know what it's called and how it helps expel gases under breaking?

Looks like your body shop did good work on your pieces. What kind of hardware did you use for installation?

You beat me to it; I have some pieces that are currently with a local shop getting worked on.

Too bad we are on opposite ends of Cali. Both of our cars have come a long way in a short time!

Last edited by InZain08; 08-11-2017 at 10:45 PM..
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:38 PM   #55
Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZain08 View Post
Congratulations, Circuit! She looks great!

I've never seen a rotor pattern like yours; do you know what it's called and how it helps expel gases under breaking?

Looks like your body shop did good work on your pieces. What kind of hardware did you use for installation?

You beat me to it; I have some pieces that are currently with a local shop getting worked on.

Too bad we are on opposite ends of Cali. Both of our cars have come a long way in a short time!
The rotors are from www.adamsrotors.com. Its a norcal based company that is more popular in the Euro crowd, but they make rotors for almost any car. Its their Drag 2 pattern. Not sure how much better than normal slots they perform, but they sure look cool

Front lip - 3M double-sided on all the flat portions and self tapping screws in the fender wells
Side skirts - All OEM clips
Rear wing - Had to actually drill out all the rivet nuts and install new ones. Used stainless M6 hardware.
Rear lip - I bought all new OEM hardware from Honda. Also got new bumper support plastics since mine are busted up and the bumper is all out of shape.

I plan to make a trip to LA at some point. We should meet up when I do! Want to visit all the famous car spots for photos - Neptune's nest, Toretto's deli, Toretto's house, Angeles Crest highway turn off (Matt Farah), Bob's donuts, etc. etc.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #56
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Let me know when you're planning to make the trip and we can figure it out!
Old 08-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #57
InZain08

Post some pictures of your rear lip installed!
Old 08-20-2017, 03:40 AM   #58
alexEF
Master Member

alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
that rotors are interesting
alexEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #59
Circuit

Wow buying a house certainly slows car build progress Here's a ton of updates over the last couple months. I picked up replacement front fenders and a hood in much better paint condition than my originals, but no photos of those.

Spoon Oil drain plug, oil cap, and radiator caps

Picked up a bunch of Comptech stuff for an awesome deal with trades for stock parts

Replaced all 4 motor mounts with Hardrace (#6676). Rear was the worst. The DIY on here helped a ton.

While the bottom half of the header was out, I figured I'd install the DC Sports RH I had sitting around as well

Current state after a fresh wash

I have a Casale Design low rise wing that needs paint and am waiting on a CF exhaust shield for the a-spec rear lip to finish off the exterior. K-pro and I will be at a good stopping point for this daily Well ... maybe some seats

Last edited by Circuit; 04-23-2018 at 12:40 PM..
Circuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:06 AM   #60
rizz

rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
nice build bay area represent!......
rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #61
Dat5er

Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice
Dat5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #62
Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizz View Post
nice build bay area represent!......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat5er View Post
Nice
Thanks guys!

Got the A-Spec rear lip installed with ParadigmPCF CF heat sheild

Old 05-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #63
Circuit

Now with Casale Design wing!

Old 05-26-2018, 01:56 AM   #64
Pghpunkid
Glutton for Punishment

Pghpunkid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pghpunkid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pghpunkid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pghpunkid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pghpunkid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pghpunkid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pghpunkid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pghpunkid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

I have never seen that Casale Design spoiler before, but I think I like it more than that A-Spec wing.. however I don't have any spoiler at the moment so anything is better to me lol.

Looks good! If you wanna sell your A-Spec wing, let me know!
Old 08-31-2018, 01:08 AM   #65
DamienGraves

DamienGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DamienGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DamienGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DamienGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DamienGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DamienGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DamienGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DamienGraves is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Wow!! Incredible build. She looks beautiful! I'm just starting my journey with RSX. It looks like you easily soaked a good chunk of coin into it. May I ask roughly how much you've put into all that work?
DamienGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 06:08 PM   #66
05xS

05xS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05xS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05xS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05xS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05xS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05xS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05xS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 05xS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just broken in @248k. I have an 05 with 383k and motor has never been apart!!
05xS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:24 PM   #67
Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienGraves View Post
Wow!! Incredible build. She looks beautiful! I'm just starting my journey with RSX. It looks like you easily soaked a good chunk of coin into it. May I ask roughly how much you've put into all that work?
Less than I would have spent building the E36 I almost bought before this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05xS View Post
Just broken in @248k. I have an 05 with 383k and motor has never been apart!!
At 275k now! Haha

Some recent photos. Have a few issues to take care of, then time for kpro.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #68
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
That wing/spoiler is NICE I like that a lot better than the aspec wing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #69
G3min1
Curious Gooner

G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Love the build and love updates man! Keep up the good work!
Cons: Your car can blow up

Supercharger Pros: You get that distinctive supercharger whine going down the street.
Cons: Your car can blow up
"Beating a Dead Horse Crew " Member #1
G3min1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:27 AM   #70
lasvegasdc5

lasvegasdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lasvegasdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lasvegasdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lasvegasdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lasvegasdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lasvegasdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lasvegasdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lasvegasdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Love your build.. This is truly an RSX resurrection. This thread is uplifting motivation for me to finish my build on my 02 RSX-S.
lasvegasdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:21 PM   #71
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
that spoiler looks great. i should consider it. my 05 oem spoiler's double sided tape is giving up on the sides...
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:52 AM   #72
Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
That wing/spoiler is NICE I like that a lot better than the aspec wing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3min1 View Post
Love the build and love updates man! Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasdc5 View Post
Love your build.. This is truly an RSX resurrection. This thread is uplifting motivation for me to finish my build on my 02 RSX-S.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5 View Post
that spoiler looks great. i should consider it. my 05 oem spoiler's double sided tape is giving up on the sides...
Yeah I like it a lot. It uses the same holes as the OEM wings, so if you only have the lip spoiler, you will have to drill holes.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:55 PM   #73
Circuit

Sad news. Was involved in an accident just before Thanksgiving. The car was declared a total lost and I have been parting it out. Local partout thread here: https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=55031169
Old 02-19-2019, 04:00 PM   #74
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
oh man that sucks!! Sorry to hear man!

New Video http://youtu.be/LB7p8gpv2WY
Type-Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #75
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Lol oh man I didnít even think to check if the comptech front strut bar would fit 05-06 I went to install and itís def a no go, sH1T!!!!!

SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote