Oh my lord - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
CrispiRSX

CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Oh my lord

Sweet jesus, I went to get my radiator replaced, got a MTF flush, and an oil change and now i have 5 CEL codes!?

I'm going back to the mechanic that I took it to to look @ it, but what the hell? Any idea what would cause all of these CEL's when It was completely clear before?

http://tinypic.com/r/2s7xph1/9
CrispiRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
CrispiRSX

CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
On my way home, speedometer stopped working and got 4 more CEL codes.

I made it to the mechanic and he said my Alternator is going out.

Could that cause a dominoe effect of CEL codes to be triggered by not providing enough voltage to the sensors that are reading faulty?

Or is this a culprit of a short and my alternator was not able to regulate it
Old 01-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Doesn't sound right. I he says you need all those fixed, you got a bad mechanic. Something not hooked up or something that was broken in the fix could cause the codes. If the intake area gets messed with, O2 codes can pop up. So the coolant temp plug is one, but who knows if he unplugged something else.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:05 PM   #4
CrispiRSX

Im sorry, I did leave out some details.

My battery sign also has come up and when he tested my battery he said my alternator wasn't fully charging up my car.

This guy has a ton of 5 star reviews so it would be hard to believe he intentionally did something..
Old 01-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #5
CrispiRSX

Has anyone ever came across this magnitude of of errors after a pretty standard radiator replacement? Seems nuts to me to all of a sudden be pulling all of these codes.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:31 AM   #6
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
It happens. I mean it would be pretty fcuked up if the mechanic caused all that because thats hella sketch. I think it was a coincidence.
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #7
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrooster808 View Post
It happens. I mean it would be pretty fcuked up if the mechanic caused all that because thats hella sketch. I think it was a coincidence.
I concur with this. There is no way he could have done this while changing a radiator. You just had a bad roll of the dice. Fix it, and carry on.

I just changed my radiator, and you dont touch the alternator.
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #8
CrispiRSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandimus View Post
I concur with this. There is no way he could have done this while changing a radiator. You just had a bad roll of the dice. Fix it, and carry on.

I just changed my radiator, and you dont touch the alternator.
What I really want to know is if an alternator will trigger all of those codes in my first link. Or if i'm looking a whole new slew of things that I need to repair all of a sudden.

I'll get the car back today with the new alternator, I'll start there and see if all is well after.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #9
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispiRSX View Post
What I really want to know is if an alternator will trigger all of those codes in my first link. Or if i'm looking a whole new slew of things that I need to repair all of a sudden.

I'll get the car back today with the new alternator, I'll start there and see if all is well after.
incorrect voltage, causes hell on the computers. So yes it can.
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #10
CrispiRSX

Alright,

Here are some more juicy details.. the defouler on my 02 sensor came loose, I know I tightened the shit out of it.. The butt end of it got spun up into the heat shield and it burnt through the wire, causing a short.

Could that be what caused this catastrophe of events?

With that being said,

They put on the new alternator, and it's not working still, Mechanic believes he got a bad alternator. Trying another one tomorrow.

Will update tomorrow, is anyone here experienced in shorts in harnesses and how it can affect other parts and pieces of your car?
Old 01-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #11
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yes electrical current is the the reason that bmws and so many cars are hard to work on, itís like one sensor can cause so many different codes that it becomes tough to trouble shoot the problem. Through everything I read , it always comes down to the same thing. Start at your battery, or alternator, check all your grounds, follow the circuit , you need a volt meter, and need to be able to trouble shoot. Look up a YouTube video on how to trouble shoot. You know your current starts at battery and alternator are good and your grounds are good, everything should be be getting sufficient power down the circuit. So once you follow the river you will be able to find what is the first thing not working, and start checking/replacing. Iím not a pro on doing this but I have solved my share of problems. I would suggest finding the circuit layouts of your car online and studying the way from the battery they flow, and grab a volt meter if you donít have one. Itís your best friend. Also if you donít have a code scanner I would buy one too. Anyways you can always DM me if you have any questions too
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:38 AM   #12
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

dustyboner is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
your problems are for sure caused by your secondary o2 sensor shorting out. i'll post up the wiring diagrams. If you don't know how to read them, print them out and give them to your mechanic.

RSX fog light install guide

watch him play with his meat
dustyboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:39 AM   #13
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

Old 01-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #14
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Oh my lord

Dusty boner comes through again!

Heís the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #15
CrispiRSX

Wow, thank you very much.

I think i'm suppose to be going off of 11-77

I understand the connectors and the diagram, can anyone tell me what the symbols that are saying
"a1" "e3" "e4" "e21" Are those fuses?
Old 01-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #16
CrispiRSX

Nevermind guys, I found this.

http://tinypic.com/r/2ephreq/9

I'll post updates asap
Old 01-17-2019, 02:58 PM   #17
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispiRSX View Post
Wow, thank you very much.

I think i'm suppose to be going off of 11-77

I understand the connectors and the diagram, can anyone tell me what the symbols that are saying
"a1" "e3" "e4" "e21" Are those fuses?
i think your referring to the ecu pinouts.
the letter is the connector, the number is the pin

take a look at these

Old 01-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #18
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

if you look at the codes you pulled and the other issues:
cam sensor A
ELD
o2 heater control
no speedo (VSS)
alternator problems

then look at the lines highliighted in yellow.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #19
CrispiRSX

WOW oh Wow, you're a gentlemen and a scholar. But seriously, thank you so very much.

I just proposed this to him and I hope it is that one wire you've tracked down.

He's going to start diagnosing it with the help you've given, thank you so much DUSTYBONER!
Old 01-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #20
CrispiRSX

All codes repaired from another new Alternator, except 02.

Going to replace Saturday then I should finally be all clear.