181stLeader’s 2003 RSX Type-S, The Daily Driver - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
181stLeader

181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
181stLeader’s 2003 RSX Type-S, The Daily Driver

I was in the market for a fuel efficient and fun to drive daily driver and I have always liked the RSX so I decided on getting one. I just picked up a 2003 Premium White Pearl Type-S and have had it for about a week now.

Its got exactly 160,000 miles on it and I picked it up for $4,000. It’s completely stock except some red tail light signal overlays(which I removed since I like the look of the orange better) and drilled and slotted brake rotors.

I do want to do some mods to the car and I’ll be documenting it here on this journal. I like to be able to go back and look what I did and when.

Mod list:
Brakes:
F&R Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Drivetrain:
Skunk2 Short Shifter

Last edited by 181stLeader; Yesterday at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Update
181stLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #2
181stLeader

181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 181stLeader is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The first thing I want to do is get rid of this “Titanium”(its tan folks) and swap it for a full black interior. It also seems like the 05/06 base model seats are the way to go!
Old 01-17-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
181stLeader

The door window moldings were cracked and pealing which seemed to be very common for these cars. I followed the DIY posted on here and scrapped off the old rubber paint and repainted them with SEM Trim Black. They look pretty much brand new now.

Somebody posted on here that these moldings are now discontinuned from Acura.

•1996 Carbon WRC Widebody Impreza WRX STi coupe.
•2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Old 01-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #4
Dad
Master Member

Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Awesome find! Can't wait to see what you do with it

Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
181stLeader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Awesome find! Can't wait to see what you do with it
I’ll probably focus on suspension and exterior mods rather than power adders as they don’t seem to do all that much on these cars(I am coming from turbo Subarus though where just a reflash will add 20whp). If anything I’d do a hondata reflash(for that lower VTEC engagement and higher redline)and an AEM V2 intake(that seems to be the one to get if you don’t want a CAI).

I’d like to do:
•Black interior swap(base cloth seats if I can find them)
•Redline goods Sterring wheel rewrap
•HID projector retrofit/black housings
•A-Spec/ DC5 ITR spoiler
•A-Spec rear lip
•Wrinkle red valve cover(this just looks way cooler than the factory silver)
•Wheels (I was thinking white Rota R-Spec the DC2 ITR clone)
•F&R sway bars/drop links
•Energy full poly bushing kit
•Maybe TL-S Brembos(I’d love to try to get those under those 16” rotas if it’s possible)

•2003 Acura RSX Type-S
Old 01-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #6
181stLeader

I also need to take some more pics of the car(it’s been raining non stop tho) This thread is a bit boring right now lol.

•2003 Acura RSX Type-S
Old 01-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #7
Dad
Master Member

Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by 181stLeader View Post
I’ll probably focus on suspension and exterior mods rather than power adders as they don’t seem to do all that much on these cars(I am coming from turbo Subarus though where just a reflash will add 20whp). If anything I’d do a hondata reflash(for that lower VTEC engagement and higher redline)and an AEM V2 intake(that seems to be the one to get if you don’t want a CAI).

I’d like to do:
•Black interior swap(base cloth seats if I can find them)
•Redline goods Sterring wheel rewrap
•HID projector retrofit/black housings
•A-Spec/ DC5 ITR spoiler
•A-Spec rear lip
•Wrinkle red valve cover(this just looks way cooler than the factory silver)
•Wheels (I was thinking white Rota R-Spec the DC2 ITR clone)
•F&R sway bars/drop links
•Energy full poly bushing kit
•Maybe TL-S Brembos(I’d love to try to get those under those 16” rotas if it’s possible)
Very good selection of mods IMO for a daily driver! Exactly what I would do with the car as well

Old 01-19-2019, 06:15 AM   #8
N0SNAIL

N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 181stLeader View Post
The door window moldings were cracked and pealing which seemed to be very common for these cars. I followed the DIY posted on here and scrapped off the old rubber paint and repainted them with SEM Trim Black. They look pretty much brand new now.

Somebody posted on here that these moldings are now discontinuned from Acura.
Is this the trim piece you're looking for?
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...psvxnqeluk.jpg
N0SNAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:18 AM   #9
N0SNAIL

N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N0SNAIL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Old 01-19-2019, 06:21 AM   #10
N0SNAIL

Edit
Old 01-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #11
181stLeader

This is the trim i was talking about:

That isn't my car but mine looked the same. I had to scrape off all the cracked rubber and repaint it. It looks damn close to new. I also found brand new ones available on ebay but they are $70 each!

•2003 Acura RSX Type-S
Old 01-20-2019, 10:26 PM   #12
181stLeader

First black interior conversion part acquired: Type S leather door cards for $40 on Craigslist. They are in great shape, besides the small scratch on the drivers side door card(looks worse in the pic than in person as I made it catch the light for the photo).

•2003 Acura RSX Type-S
Old 01-20-2019, 10:36 PM   #13
181stLeader

So for what ever reason Acura didn't make Type-S door sills for our cars

My floor mats have seen better days so I figured why not adapt the badge on from the mat to the door sill.

Normal RSX (tan ones get experimented on and will be moved to the black ones once I get them):

Carefully remove the brushed aluminum plate(this would be a cool parts for a plate frame actaully...)

Hey! it says RSX under there! At least they didn't just leave it like that without the aluminium part.

Looks like it should fit:

Lets add some scrap carbon I found at work to make the background. Traced the outline of the badge and sanded it till it was fit:

All put together:

I still need to make the other small pieces and check to make sure the door will close(I can always sand the back of the badge down to make it thinner if I need to). I also ground off the grip nubs on the left because I'd like to continue the carbon fiber strip on both sides of the badge.

•2003 Acura RSX Type-S
Old 01-20-2019, 10:41 PM   #14
181stLeader

Oh and since this thread needs pics here is a pic of my carbon wideobdy STi

•2003 Acura RSX Type-S
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM   #15
Dad
Master Member

Flagged for inappropriate content

Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM   #16
181stLeader

Quote:

Flagged for inappropriate content
Lol!

On another note not being able to edit my posts is getting annoying...

•2003 Acura RSX Type-S
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #17
Dad
Master Member

You should be able to now since you are beyond 10 posts..

Is there not an "edit" button on the bottom right of your posts?

Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #18
181stLeader

Quote:
You should be able to now since you are beyond 10 posts..

Is there not an "edit" button on the bottom right of your posts?
Nope, only quote, multi-quote, and quick reply...

•2003 Acura RSX Type-S