dc5luis' 02 RSX-S / OEM, Maintenance & Refreshment Thread - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #26
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The 02-04 has a little more character to the front end, but just curious why you went back?

I debated going back but I loved the 05-06 aspec front lip too much.
RSlowXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2017, 07:51 PM   #27
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5luis View Post
January 14, 2017

Didn't like the conversion, went back to 02-04.

Still have the rear end, currently on the prowl for an 02 bumper. That's it for now.
Nice. Your RSX has had a interesting journey.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:57 AM   #28
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSlowXS View Post
The 02-04 has a little more character to the front end, but just curious why you went back?

I debated going back but I loved the 05-06 aspec front lip too much.
I think cause the originality of it. I'm really anal on time period correct mods. And plus it didn't feel like my car.

Close to buying going A-Spec on the conversion but didn't feel like painting or sourcing OEM ones.
dc5luis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2017, 07:59 AM   #29
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
I think cause the originality of it. I'm really anal on time period correct mods. And plus it didn't feel like my car.

Close to buying going A-Spec on the conversion but didn't feel like painting or sourcing OEM ones.
Very true, I lucked out with finding OEM and paint matched front lip. Looks great either way! I just loved the 05/06 aspec front with retrofitted headlights, makes it look mean.

either way the rsx generations have very distinct and unique front ends! Keep it up!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #30
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
I think since my 05-06 bumper and headlights weren't in the best condition, it played a role of me going back to my 02 bumper since the paint was fresh on it. Planning to repaint the whole car in June, so maybe I'll fix it.

I'm still loving my 05-06 rear end with mug guards. Love the simplicity. Never was a fan of the 02-04 rear.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #31
RSlowXS
Master Member

Quote:
I think since my 05-06 bumper and headlights weren't in the best condition, it played a role of me going back to my 02 bumper since the paint was fresh on it. Planning to repaint the whole car in June, so maybe I'll fix it.

I'm still loving my 05-06 rear end with mug guards. Love the simplicity. Never was a fan of the 02-04 rear.
Thats funny because Im the opposite, minus the 05-06 aspec rear lip, I love the 02-04 tails but the 05-06 front ha ha!

Look at this way, two front end combos and you got yourself a show front and a daily drive front to take all the rock chips!
Old 01-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #32
lakshan

lakshan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lakshan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lakshan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lakshan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lakshan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lakshan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lakshan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx lakshan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I like the 02-04 Front end better too
lakshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #33
TheDebonairs

TheDebonairs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheDebonairs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheDebonairs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheDebonairs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheDebonairs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheDebonairs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheDebonairs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheDebonairs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Love the car mayne! Looks a lot like what I would like to move my cars image to in the future, I envy those A-Spec rims I have been looking around for the better part of a year and a half and havn't found a good set to pull the trigger on yet....
TheDebonairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #34
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

Garage
Some updates. I think I'm officially done with the car. I think it's perfect minus the exterior with fading paint and numerous scratches and dents. Just some things I've done tho in the past few months to finish it off.

Threw on my old bumper with A-Spec lip as I sold the 05 rear end.

The condition really bothered me so I removed the lip and just ran lipless for awhile.

But ultimately decided to get a Type R rear lip instead A-Spec. Always liked the subtle look it gave. Wasn't in the best condition, but it matches the car with scratches.

Tried to detail the bay, but it's coming along nicely. Got rid of the Spoon front & rear strut bars.

Really love this picture. I'm happy how it is.

That's pretty much it. No big plans anymore. Had the idea of repainting and adding new wheels. But since I really don't see myself driving it so often anymore, really no need to put money into it. It'll just sit in the garage until I get the urge to hit VTEC again.

And a picture of my Cruze. To me it's the best thing since sliced bread. Probably the best purchase I've made in the last 3 years.

Last edited by dc5luis; 04-24-2017 at 04:24 PM..
Old 04-25-2017, 08:30 AM   #35
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
RSX looks great Sir! Props for keeping the 02-04 look cause so many convert to the 05-06. Also love the A-Specs

I agree on having a nice, relatively cheap daily. I have an 05 Mazda3 as my beater at the moment, but it needs some TLC lol
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #36
dc5_rmnb

dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
your thread made me think of something...modding a 05-06 front to house headlights of 02-04 but can fit 05-06 aspec lip...has this been done?
dc5_rmnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #37
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
RSX looks great Sir! Props for keeping the 02-04 look cause so many convert to the 05-06. Also love the A-Specs

I agree on having a nice, relatively cheap daily. I have an 05 Mazda3 as my beater at the moment, but it needs some TLC lol
Yeah in the end 02-04 was just fitting. I was almost close to selling my A-Spec wheels for $500 but I couldn't let them go. I'd never find another set.

The RSX isn't as practical anymore, I envy people who still daily drive it modded lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5_rmnb View Post
your thread made me think of something...modding a 05-06 front to house headlights of 02-04 but can fit 05-06 aspec lip...has this been done?
I've seen a 05-06 bumper with 02-04 headlights. I tried it myself but the bumper wasn't sitting flush. It takes some modifications. Like splicing the bumper and molding.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #38
Dr.Honda
1 of 1

Dr.Honda is an unknown quantity on c-rsx

You're the real MVP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
The Chota Spec in this chat is over 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowrex View Post
Doug builds his motors according to chota spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I guess there can be only one full Chota Spec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITeggy17 View Post
Imma Chota Spec dat ass
Dr.Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:41 PM   #39
mineret301
typespilot

mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Honda View Post

You're the real MVP.

Lol. True that.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #40
mineret301
typespilot

mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mineret301 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Some updates. I think I'm officially done with the car. I think it's perfect minus the exterior with fading paint and numerous scratches and dents. Just some things I've done tho in the past few months to finish it off.

Threw on my old bumper with A-Spec lip as I sold the 05 rear end.

The condition really bothered me so I removed the lip and just ran lipless for awhile.

But ultimately decided to get a Type R rear lip instead A-Spec. Always liked the subtle look it gave. Wasn't in the best condition, but it matches the car with scratches.

Tried to detail the bay, but it's coming along nicely. Got rid of the Spoon front & rear strut bars.

Really love this picture. I'm happy how it is.

That's pretty much it. No big plans anymore. Had the idea of repainting and adding new wheels. But since I really don't see myself driving it so often anymore, really no need to put money into it. It'll just sit in the garage until I get the urge to hit VTEC again.

And a picture of my Cruze. To me it's the best thing since sliced bread. Probably the best purchase I've made in the last 3 years.

I think the older I become, the more I appreciate OEM quality.

What makes a chevy cruise so desirable? fuel efficiency? Comfort?
Old 04-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #41
dc5_rmnb

dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

I've seen a 05-06 bumper with 02-04 headlights. I tried it myself but the bumper wasn't sitting flush. It takes some modifications. Like splicing the bumper and molding.
Yea, running 02-04 headlights and cutting and molding a 05-06 bumper to fit the tear drop shape, then adding 05-06 aspec lip...retro fitted headlights, I think I might be on to something.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #42
DreamDC5
Master Member

DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
how about the radio block off dual din... i got one... and it never fits always pops out... did you have that problem?
DreamDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #43
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineret301 View Post
I think the older I become, the more I appreciate OEM quality.

What makes a chevy cruise so desirable? fuel efficiency? Comfort?
I like how it's spacious for being such a small car. The RSX is very cramped (or I'm just getting bigger). The drive is really smooth, making a 300 mile trip on half a tank, and all the updated technology such as bluetooth, tire sensor, wifi, it makes it an enjoyable road trip car. Plus being automatic really makes it a plus.

The RSX is still good on many occasions, but I find the comfort to be diminishing as it gets older, and me too. I still appreciate the style of it and what it really is meant for.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #44
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5_rmnb View Post
Yea, running 02-04 headlights and cutting and molding a 05-06 bumper to fit the tear drop shape, then adding 05-06 aspec lip...retro fitted headlights, I think I might be on to something.
Are you talking about something like this?

Old 04-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #45
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDC5 View Post
how about the radio block off dual din... i got one... and it never fits always pops out... did you have that problem?
yeah i had the problem too. i actually had to shave the clips to make it fit. really have to jam it in there. installed it in an angle. luckily it never popped out because it really snug in there.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #46
mineret301
typespilot

I can understand. I really enjoyed the 04 CR-V I had because it was so comfortable, especially on long drives. The 2016 CR-V's seats are not as comfortable but I like the tech features. The RSX is retired from anything over 100 miles.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #47
dc5_rmnb

Quote:
exactly like thT nice find I was looking if it had been done no reason it shouldn't have just couldn't find one. I like that set up and didn't mean to jack your thread
Old 06-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #48
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

Garage
Hibernation Mode. Hopefully once I'm healthy, I can be driving it regularly again. Car still has a lot of cosmetic flaws to it.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:05 PM   #49
RSlowXS
Master Member

Ive been looking for a NHBP OEM Type R rear lip forever. Props! Def looks better than that "tryna look diffused" aspec rear lip 02-04 got.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #50
RSlowXS
Master Member

Quote:

I knew a kid in one of my DC5 facebook groups that did this molded the lip to the 02-04 front and it cracked within a week as soon as he scraped around town.