Circuit's Silver 2002 RSX Type-S - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #26
Circuit

Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsxdippin View Post
Good work! Subscribing for motivation!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post

The front end looks a lot better. You're off to a good start in having a reliable fun car to drive. Sooner or later you're going to have the urge to tweak the ECU tune - it will feel like your engine is a 1000k miles newer.
Thanks! I couldn't pass up a deal on a DC RH recently, so that's sitting until I get all the maintenance done and can get a KPro.
Circuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #27
jessepesc

jessepesc is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
nice car man! great progress so far !
jessepesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:51 PM   #28
Circuit

Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Circuit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessepesc View Post
nice car man! great progress so far !
Thanks!

Here's the big suspension install update!
  • BC Racing coilovers - Extereme Drop Kit w/ 10k front, 16k rear Swift springs
  • ES Black poly bushing kit
  • Whiteline rear upper knuckle bushings (only bushing ES kit is missing)
  • Ingalls Front and Rear Endlinks
  • Ingalls rear camber arms
  • New OEM tie rod ends and hardware
  • Todd's adjustable tie rods (STILL back ordered)
  • Hardrace extended ball joints / roll center adjusters
  • Used OEM front and rear control arms so I can have a shop press in the bushings with minimal down time

Front control arm comparison

Front suspension comparison

Ball joint comparison

Rear suspension comparison

Rear control arm comparison

Rear camber arm comparison

Work in progress shot

I thought I had some random no-name strut tower bar. I was wiping it down to post it for sale on craigslist, when I found this ... Needless to say, I'm keeping it

Now here's a comparison after the install. Coilover height is same as they were in the box. There's about 1.5-2" to go down in the front, about 0.5" to go down in the rear.

Last edited by Circuit; 07-09-2017 at 12:01 PM..

Old 05-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #29
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
looks good.
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #30
Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5 View Post
looks good.
Thanks!

Started a new job at Netflix this week so I've been driving her daily.

Picked up a set of new OEM Honda Access window visors

Yes, lower window moldings are next on the list.

My exhaust was also hitting the sway bar, so I picked up a pair of hangers from the cat/downpipe since they're shorter. Exhaust is now WAY too close to the bumper, but at least its not hitting the sway bar. Will have to find some urethane or rubber bushings that are somewhere in between.

Last edited by Circuit; 07-09-2017 at 12:05 PM..
Old 05-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #31
Corsario18
Corsario

Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What did you use to press out the ball joints?
Corsario18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #32
Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsario18 View Post
What did you use to press out the ball joints?
Had a shop do it
Old 05-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #33
Corsario18
Corsario

Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Corsario18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
Had a shop do it
I saw you went with HardRace ball joints. Did not like the Buddy Club ones? Both great options
Old 05-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #34
Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsario18 View Post
I saw you went with HardRace ball joints. Did not like the Buddy Club ones? Both great options
During my research I found that the Buddy Club do not have a provision for the retaining C-Clip and people had instances of them popping out. I didn't want to deal with that.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #35
Corsario18
Corsario

Quote:
During my research I found that the Buddy Club do not have a provision for the retaining C-Clip and people had instances of them popping out. I didn't want to deal with that.
You're right. I went with BuddyClub, will see how they go in the type r control arms. I was gonna with HD but, I'm confident in BC.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #36
black dc5
Master Member

Quote:
Interesting, is this a generational/revision issue or did they lack the provision throughout production? I have one of the first, installed by Buddy Club themselves and I've had it on the car since. It hasn't been my daily for almost 10 years now though.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #37
Circuit

Quote:
Interesting, is this a generational/revision issue or did they lack the provision throughout production? I have one of the first, installed by Buddy Club themselves and I've had it on the car since. It hasn't been my daily for almost 10 years now though.
I think that's how its always been (from my brief searches on here). Obviously thousands of people have run it without issue, but there were at least 2 posts on here of it popping out. I daily the car over an hour each way to work, so I didn't want to take the chance.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #38
Circuit

Got my wheels built and tires on. Have an appointment to get my set of Todd's tie rods installed and alignment to get them to fit.

17x9 + 25 MTechnica Aero
245/40/17 Federal SS595

Picked up some ITR pedals from Checkerd Sports and sliced my hand open while shaving the gas pedal LOL.

Last edited by Circuit; 07-09-2017 at 12:11 PM..
Old 06-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #39
black dc5
Master Member

Nice update-- didn't want to mention the wheels before, was hoping you'd address them. lol. That should fit nicely.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #40
dc5luis
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)

dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
coming along nicely.
dc5luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #41
Circuit

Quote:
Nice update-- didn't want to mention the wheels before, was hoping you'd address them. lol. That should fit nicely.
Thanks! Oh yes flame away at the wheels lol. I have been planning to replace them since day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5luis View Post
coming along nicely.
Thanks!
Old 07-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #42
Circuit

License plate bracket was ready to fall off, so I decided to get an offset plate relocator. I also cut off the "baby teeth" that hold the plate bracket. Cleans up nicely.

Wheels are on! Running -2 front and -2.9 rear for camber. Need to play with the height a bit in the rear and try to remove a little more camber, but she's good to go.

Last edited by Circuit; 07-09-2017 at 12:12 PM..
Old 07-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #43
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'm enjoying your progress so far, Circuit. You're doing well! Keep it up! BTW, what happened to your hand??
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #44
Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZain08 View Post
I'm enjoying your progress so far, Circuit. You're doing well! Keep it up! BTW, what happened to your hand??
Thanks! I was shaving down the brake pedal for the ITR cover, and you know how they say, cut away from yourself? Yeah didn't do that . Slipped and sliced my hand. Its healed now with a gnarly scar.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #45
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I just noticed you cut the license plate brackets in the bumper. I'll probably do the same tonight when I finish doing the ITR brake ducts.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #46
Circuit

Quote:
I just noticed you cut the license plate brackets in the bumper. I'll probably do the same tonight when I finish doing the ITR brake ducts.
Yup! Couple minutes between a dremel and metal shears took care of those nicely!
Old 07-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #47
black dc5
Master Member

this keeps getting better and better! wheels look good, i was just looking into the 9 et25 up front. how is it at -2*?

i'm on x9/8, et35 and gf's wheel shopping for her car. if she wants my set i was looking at some hypergrams which come in x9 et40 or 25. the 35 scrubs inside close to lock which isn't an issue but don't want to make it worse.

i ran et25 before w/ a x10 but that's another stor
Old 07-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #48
Circuit

Finally swapped out the lower window moldings!

Picked up some Rays 35mm Duranuts in black. Sad this style has been discontinued. The new style is so ugly lol. Also threw on the Motorsports full center caps on one side.

I'm also in the process of moving all my photos to imgur, since Photobucket are a bunch of assholes and are blocking all photos hosted on other sites unless you pay $400/year. RIP to pretty much all forums

Quote:
this keeps getting better and better! wheels look good, i was just looking into the 9 et25 up front. how is it at -2*?

i'm on x9/8, et35 and gf's wheel shopping for her car. if she wants my set i was looking at some hypergrams which come in x9 et40 or 25. the 35 scrubs inside close to lock which isn't an issue but don't want to make it worse.

i ran et25 before w/ a x10 but that's another stor
Thanks! The front is pretty much perfect. Rubs the fender liners even though they're cut. That could be resolved by raising the car, or letting it fix itself . I'll be doing the latter. I do wish the rear were higher offset so I could run the same amount of camber all around. Maybe go +25 front and +40 rear with a 5mm spacer to clear the trailing arm?

Last edited by Circuit; 07-09-2017 at 11:40 AM..
Old 07-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #49
InZain08

Very clean, Circuit. How do you like the door visors?
Old 07-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #50
Circuit

Quote:
Very clean, Circuit. How do you like the door visors?
Thanks! It looks better in photos than real life maybe it'll get a respray one day.

Love the window visors. I've had them on multiple cars in the past and couldn't pass up an OEM set