2002 RSX Type-S (Turbo + Much More) - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
97 GSX 97
I Hate Honda's

97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
2002 RSX Type-S (Turbo + Much More)

I've been around here for awhile and I've still been lurking since I sold my mint 06 A-Spec Type S 3 years ago for career purposes. Recently while not even looking for another RSX I stumbled upon what seemed to be the "get in now or let it go forever" car.

I've always loved the DC5 platform, and I've never been one to buy someone's else's build...but this was too good to pass up. Essentially this car was bought to be a fun spring/summer car which will be parked in the winter.

My previous DC5's:

2002 RSX Base

2006 RSX Type S Factory A-Spec

Current Daily 2014 Mercedes C300

New Car:
2002 RSX Type S (70k mile body)

Engine:
k20a2 full rebuild by RPM NYC
Head/Block Machined by Westchester Crankshaft
Crankshaft was Knife-edged
CP Pistons 9.5:1 86.5mm
Manley Turbo tuff Rods
ACL Racing Rod Bearings
Supertech Valve Seals and Dual Valve Springs
ARP Headstuds
OEM Honda Timing Chain
OEM Honda Tensioner
OEM Honda Pump
Greddy T518z Turbo: Tuned at 320whp on 11 psi by Evans Tuning
Deastchswerks 1000cc Injectors
Deastchswerks Fuel Pump
Karcepts Fuel Rail
Treadstone TRV25 1000hp Intercooler with custom piping
Skunk2 Ultra Race Manifold
Ktuned 90mm Throttle Body
HKS SSQV BOV
Koyo Radiator with Mishimoto Fans
Ktuned Idler Pulley
Fluidamper Balance
Hondata V4 Bar Map Sensor
Hondata KPRO Version 4 with Bluetooth
Unforgettable 3 inch Downpipe
Invidia 70mm Q300 Exhaust
Hasport Motor Mounts x3
Battery Relocated To Trunk
Ktuned Power Steering Delete
GTSPEC Front Strut Bar

Transmission:
Complete Overhaul by RPM NYC
Syncrotech Carbon Rebuild Kit
Quaife LSD
Competition Clutch Stage 2 with Flywheel
OEM Axle's
Hybrid Racing Clutch Line

Exterior:
Laser Blue Paint Job (Mini Cooper color)
Authentic Type R Front Bumper
Authentic Type R Front Lip
Authentic Type R Hood
Authentic Type R Fenders
Authentic Type R Side Skirts
Authentic Type R Rear Spoiler
Authentic Type R Rear Lip
17x9 +22 Enkei RPF1 (white)
Authentic Type R Emblems Front + Rear

Interior:
Authentic Type R Red Recaro's
Authentic Type R Rear Seats
Authentic Type R Red Carpet
Authentic Type R Center Console
S2000 MOMO Steering Wheel
Stack Oil Pressure Gauge
State Boost Gauge
PLX 3-in-1 Wideband

Suspension:
EP3 Electronic Steering
Tein Flex Coilovers
Progress Technology Front and Rear Sway Bars
Buddy Club Ball Joints
Blackworks Rear Lower Control Arms
Front Brembo swap with S2000 Rotors and Pads
Rear Powerslot Rotors with Hawk Pads
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Future Mod List:
Cusco 6 Point Roll Cage
Rear Seat Delete
Pioneer CarPlay Double Din
Switch to AEM Digital Gauges
Engine Wire Tuck
Paint/Powdercoat Brembo's (Candy Red or Highlighter Yellow)
Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Retrofit with Blue Cut-off Mod
Ktuned Billet Shifter
Ktuned Dipstick/Oil Cap Combo
AN Fuel Line
Custom AN AC Lines
Downstar Rear Suspension Hardware
Downstar Engine Hardware
ABS Relocate/Hidden Encore Kit
Engine Bolt Dress Up Kit
Possibly Change Wheels
General Clean Up
Various Powdercoating Of Engine Pieces
Fuse Box Relocate to Wheel Well
Cusco B Pillar Bars

Current Parts Sitting At Home Awaiting Install:
Foam Padded Black Suede (Headliner, Door Cards, A-Pillars)
Custom Weighted Black Shift knob
Black Aluminum Rear Wiper Delete
Idle Air Assist Delete Kit
New Foam For Lower Bolsters On Recaro's x4 (To get rid of the usual aging creases)

Basically since the car has already been built to be fun, I'm just going to clean it up, make it a hair flashier, and drive the hell out of it. The car came to me pretty clean, but anyone who knows me locally knows I always like to have the cleanest cars around so it just needs a few touches. As you can see I already started picking up a few minor parts. I'll probably dive deeper into it over the winter or next spring.

2002 RSX Type S Laser Blue Turbo

Last edited by 97 GSX 97; 08-17-2018 at 03:23 PM..
97 GSX 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #2
Kennyatpnl

Kennyatpnl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennyatpnl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennyatpnl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennyatpnl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennyatpnl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennyatpnl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennyatpnl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kennyatpnl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah that thing is clean already. Please keep it 02-04 type R look.
Kennyatpnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
97 GSX 97
I Hate Honda's

97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyatpnl View Post
Iíve considered swapping the front and rear lips to the 05-06 ASpec lips considering people figured out how to make that work on the 02-04 since my last go around. Kinda on the fence about it.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyatpnl View Post
x2... Extremely well built and think the 02-04 look is a timeless, classic look for the DC-5. Congrats on the acquisition, Sir
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #5
97 GSX 97
I Hate Honda's

Since the last post I’ve finally had some time to tinker. I have installed the red EP3 hazard, rear wiper delete, Ktuned Billet Race Spec shifter w/ aluminum bushings, some dress up engine hardware (black washers), and picked up various OE interior parts from the scrap yard (mint sunroof, plastics, etc), and I have also refinished the door cards in foam padded black suede. The car is finally coming around to the level of clean I need.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Wow thats nice. Since you have all the parts listed, you could throw on a price and part it out--JK
Old 10-07-2018, 10:49 PM   #7
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Looks great ! Always feels good to get to a happy place in your build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #8
Dad
Master Member

Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Oh shit! Here we go again! I can't wait

Everyones Favorite Brit

My WTB Thread
Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #9
JRoabp
Sweet sounds of VTEC

JRoabp is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
damn what a well done car. Lets see some more s2k steering wheel pics! Enjoy that car just maintain it.

|RAYS| |INJEN| |BUDDY CLUB| |NEUSPEED| |H&R| |HONDATA| |J's| |ESMM| |UR| |OEM||TYPE-R| |A-Spec|
JRoabp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:56 PM   #10
97 GSX 97
I Hate Honda's

The car is all torn apart at the moment. All the ITR parts were sold/traded. I’m in the middle of an 05-06 A-Spec swap, rear seat delete, and an abs delete.

New parts:

NRG quick release (all black)
Personal Grinta suede steering wheel
DeiviDC5 ABS delete kit
New 90mm Ktuned TB with IACV ports (revised TB)
The Reacro bolsters/bolster covers were replaced with brand new pieces
Ktuned Race Spec Shifter
Hood Dampeners

More to come...
Old 02-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #11
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
I always wanted to swap out to that ktuned intake manifold.

New Video http://youtu.be/LB7p8gpv2WY
Type-Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:00 AM   #12
Moises's_Rsx
DC5 Gang***ger

Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe
Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe
Damnn i liked the 02-04 type r look on that blue. But have fun with the conversion bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecarosCostTooMuch View Post
Vote DJ for most disappointing build in recent CRSX history.
Moises's_Rsx is offline   Reply With Quote