Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Type-R intake manifold on K20Z1

13K views 74 replies 33 participants last post by  Argonfree 
#1 ·
I know a lot of people suggested that the Type-R intake manifold wouldn't be as good for the 02-04 because of the Type-S cams.

Since the 05 has Type-R cams would the ITR manifold make a good difference?

If I'm going to do an IMG install I might as well pick up a cheap, used ITR manifold and do it at the same time.

Plan on getting full cold air intake, race header and exhaust eventually. Would happen to do the R intake manifold at the same time.

Thoughts?

#2 ·
im not 100% but it think the 05 type-s manifold and the ITR manifold are the same

#5 ·
vtec210 said:
some guy in the forum tried to install it on the 05 but he couldnt , i dont remembr why i think it was beccuase the sensores on the 05 was relocated so. go search ...
I think he tried to install an 02-04 PRC Type R intake manifold on an 05 US Type S, he noticed the sensors had been moved onto different spots. We don't know about the 05 PRC Type R manifold yet.

#6 ·
The 02-04 PRC Type R, like RSXimus said, will not fit. Also, the 05 Type S manifold is not the same as the Type R manifold.

There has been speculation that the Type R manifold will help our cars make max power past 7800 rpm, and with good tuning, will be quite beneficial.

#7 ·
kenton said:
I know a lot of people suggested that the Type-R intake manifold wouldn't be as good for the 02-04 because of the Type-S cams.

Since the 05 has Type-R cams would the ITR manifold make a good difference?

If I'm going to do an IMG install I might as well pick up a cheap, used ITR manifold and do it at the same time.

Plan on getting full cold air intake, race header and exhaust eventually. Would happen to do the R intake manifold at the same time.

Thoughts?
you know of any cheap used PRC intake manifolds?

#8 ·
Well I saw a used Type-R manifold on eBay. I'm betting it's 02-04 though, so it wouldn't help me out any.

Currently it's $50 + $35 ship.

#9 ·
My z1 and a3 have the same IM. My 05's cat and header is definitly not a type-r cat and header.

#12 ·
the 05 tb might not match up to the ITR IM. I used an ep3 tb and ITR header on my k20z1

#13 ·
Only Type R parts on a z1 is the intake, catback and cams.

#14 ·
i've been wondering the same damn thing. i want to get the itr manifold for my 05, but where the hell can i get a 05 itr manifold? i'm pretty sure the one on rsxmotorsports.com is the 02-04 one.

#18 ·
05 ITR intake manifold is the same as the 02-04 ITR intake manifold. You'll need an 02-04 tb to use that manifold on a k20z1

#19 ·
I've heard some guys running ITR manifolds on PRB cams...is there any benefit to this? I've read it makes you lose a bit of low end.

#20 ·
tk2481 said:
im not 100% but it think the 05 type-s manifold and the ITR manifold are the same
Its deff not. The sensors are in different places. I just bought an 05, and i was gunna put my itr on, but it wont work.

#21 ·
slowassbase said:
Its deff not. The sensors are in different places. I just bought an 05, and i was gunna put my itr on, but it wont work.
just get another TB and it'll fit. I used my ep3 tb with an itr mani on my k20z1

#23 ·
Way too much mis-information here.

To use an 02-04 ITR IM, you need a throttle body off of an 02-04 as well. The 05 Type S IM is a revision of the 02-04 Type S IM and is NOT an ITR IM. That said, the 05 ITR IM may be a similar revision of the 02-04 ITR IM, but I for one haven't seen one.

The cams in the 05 Type S are a variant of the 02-04 ITR cams. But they're not the same and it is a mistake to state so.

#25 ·
ebp_dc2 said:
the cams are not the same...similar duration, but a lil different
But the part number on the 05 type s cams are listed as PRC (i was under the impression that PRC is type R only), maybe they are not identical to 02-04 ITR cams but maybe they are the exact same ones on the 05 ITR. :dontknow:

Anybody have part numbers for the 05 JDM ITR Cams that we can cross reference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.