Aftermarket amp to replace stock bose amp under seat - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-14-2019, 05:59 AM   #1
rsxonic

rsxonic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Aftermarket amp to replace stock bose amp under seat

I did't find any diy out there exactly how to install aftermarket 4 channel amp over the stock bose amp that hides under the passenger seat. So i decided to mess with it since its only a rsx. Without going thru the hassle to rewire new wires to each individual four speakers, i cut only those input and output wires for speaker signal total of 16 wires from the connector plug going into the stock bose under seat amp. Then tap those 8 wires coming from the hu into the aftermarket amp and then tap the other 8 amp's output wires to the factory output wire that goes out to door and back seat speaker. Because the factory power wire and ground wire were tiny i didn't like the idea like how someone here on the forum who used those factory power wire to power a 1200 watt amp. i ran my own 8 gauge power wire to the battery and a short 1ft 8 gauge ground. My sony amp had the input sensing auto power on so no need the use remote wire. Now my aftermarket pioneer speakers sound nice clear and loud without any distortion at high volume. A nice plus, it fit under the seat too. Its a sony gs400 4 channel amp 700 watt powering each speaker 70 rms. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190513_011757.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	549395  
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2019, 07:56 PM   #2
rlad116

rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Looks nice! I wish I had the black interior ( I have an automatic 2006 RSX that I am currently in the midst of upgrading. Do you remember if you used an speaker spaces for the door speakers for the front? I can't seem to find the right spacers for.
rlad116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #3
Dieonne

Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dieonne is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlad116 View Post
Looks nice! I wish I had the black interior ( I have an automatic 2006 RSX that I am currently in the midst of upgrading. Do you remember if you used an speaker spaces for the door speakers for the front? I can't seem to find the right spacers for.
I changed all my speakers out a couple weeks ago the spacers crutchfield sent with my speakers for the fronts was Scosche SAHR6. They worked and fit near perfect but they do protrude slightly further than stock and kept me from being able to snap my door panel back in all the way. I remedied this issue by trimming off some of the inside of the panel where the speaker sits. I don't have pics of it unfortunately but you will see what I'm talking about when you remove the door panel there's a trim of plastic that encloses the stock speaker on inside of door panel I just took Dremel to it and removed it.
Dieonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #4
rlad116

rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rlad116 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Oh because I found these: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120827...u0026XVINQ=BIF

Which was a perfect fit for the rear speakers so that was nice. Was hoping I there was something similar for the front.
rlad116 is offline   Reply With Quote