Brake light bulb advise, please! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Lighting RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
KazamaRSX

KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Brake light bulb advise, please!

Hello guys,

Does anyone know which would be a good replacement for 2005 RSX Brake light bulb?
I know the size is 7443. But there is one thing...
As I understand a brake light is a tail light but becomes brighter(the same bulb) when you press the brake pedal. And I'm not sure if any 7443 bulb would do that. For example, https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Chip...%2C156&sr=1-21
It says that it does not have a high/low beam function. I don't know if that relates to the problem I mentioned above.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong and please, advise a good LED or (in the least option a halogen) bulb to replace my brake light bulbs that would get brighter when I press my brake pedal. Plug and play of course.

Thank you very much!
KazamaRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
yes, any 7443 will work. 7443 are dual filament, 7440 are single filament.

I have Sylvania LED's currently. My dad drove behind me one day and said he could barely tell that I was stepping on the brakes. There was lots of traffic around though, so that could be why.

Planning on getting Diode Dynamics next time around (3 options of brightness between 280-510 lumens) but they're pricey.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:46 PM   #3
KazamaRSX

KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post

I have Sylvania LED's currently. My dad drove behind me one day and said he could barely tell that I was stepping on the brakes. There was lots of traffic around though, so that could be why.

Planning on getting Diode Dynamics next time around (3 options of brightness between 280-510 lumens) but they're pricey.
Yes, they are pricey. What about the link I provided? Beamtech has good reviews on their LED headlight bulbs. If any 7443 are dual filament, then I'll try to choose one. I read on this forum though, that one guy had LED brake light bulbs but it did not get brighter when brake is pushed. That's why I wanted to make sure.

Thank you.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #4
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazamaRSX View Post
Quote:

Yes, they are pricey. What about the link I provided? Beamtech has good reviews on their LED headlight bulbs. If any 7443 are dual filament, then I'll try to choose one. I read on this forum though, that one guy had LED brake light bulbs but it did not get brighter when brake is pushed. That's why I wanted to make sure.

Thank you.
I’ve never heard of that company honestly. Like you said though, they have good reviews. They’re claiming 800 lumens per bulb, but at that price, I’m skeptical. Double check on power consumption for the halogen bulbs too. It stated 30 watts, and that’s seems kind of high to me.

A dual filament LED will just illuminate half of the diodes, which are already bright as hell. That may be why the post you read claimed that it wasn’t any brighter.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
KazamaRSX

Garage
Quote:
Iíve never heard of that company honestly. Like you said though, they have good reviews. Theyíre claiming 800 lumens per bulb, but at that price, Iím skeptical. Double check on power consumption for the halogen bulbs too. It stated 30 watts, and thatís seems kind of high to me.

A dual filament LED will just illuminate half of the diodes, which are already bright as hell. That may be why the post you read claimed that it wasnít any brighter.
I see, thank you.