Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Radar detectors

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  carjunky 
#1 ·
Hey guys Im in the market for purchasing a radar detector and I was wondering what kind you guys have and what you would rate it.. There are always statistics about how this is better or that is better.. Basically Im deciding between the valentine 1, the passport 8500, or the k40 (supposedly they will pay any ticket you get for the first year after purchase... Im kind of skeptical but who knows) any imput would be appreciated. :D

#4 ·
The k40 is the best radar detector it is true that they will pay for your tickets but there are limits on how fast you can be going. I have experienced both the Valentine and the K40 but i think that the Valentine is amazing and it's not worth the extra money for the k40 unless you are Bill Gates :thumbsup:

#5 ·
dudley4 said:
Rocky Mountain is the only way to go. do some reading and look around the net for best price. http://www.radar-laser-jammers.com/
I really hope taht you are joking...those are the biggest scams to ever grace the radar detector market.

#6 ·
you should really look into another jammer and do some research yourself before you buy something like this. Its just throwing money away. Get something from a reputable company and you will be happy. Bel, Valentine, Passport

#8 ·
What the k40 is the most expensive?

#9 ·
I read the reviews at http://radartest.com and, as a result, bought the Bel Pro RX65. I've had it for a week and it's easily the best detector I've ever had.

#11 · (Edited)
I am using a Passport 4500 that I've had for about 9 years. It still works as well as I need it to, but the lack of X-band suppression is annoying. It's also one of the last models that came with a visor clip. The newer Passport detectors come only with suction cup mounts, and a big, fat cord with an RJ11 jack on the end.

Try eBay. A lot of people like to buy the latest and greatest and will dump their old detectors for peanuts. No detector is a replacement for a sharp pair of eyes, but if it saves your butt even once, it pays for itself.

#12 ·
I bought last years Beltronics V965 and it rocks. It detects radar far enough away I start to think the unit is stuck on because it takes so long to reach the cop.

#13 ·
aurilleous said:
I really hope taht you are joking...those are the biggest scams to ever grace the radar detector market.
Yeah... they ought to be avoided like the plague. That's the opinion of many.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.