Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

The Official Club RSX "Should I buy this car?/ What is this RSX worth?" Thread...

245K views 150 replies 91 participants last post by  Kevink121 
#1 ·
Should I pick up? Rebuilt Title

05 RSX Automatic with leather interior, seats in great shape, sunroof, ETC!

It was hit from the quarter panel, and has been fixed, drives very well so far from the test drive.

Just seeing if she's worth 3,500$

oh and it has 94,000 miles on it

#131 ·
Hmm idk to me that's kind of high I would see if you could go any lower but what can I say, I got a 02 type-s DSM for $3800 with only 117k and great driving condition only thing was front bumper was beat up and a few scratches and dents on it I got mine for a steal. I did a lot of searching and had a lot of patience.

#132 ·
Should i Buy ??? 2002 Types S with 06 Swap

owner says it has
- 06 k20z1 engine/tranny w/ 95,xxxkms (with papers)
- no modifications otherwise
- can be etested and certified by owner for sale(not currently safetied)
- going in for rust work and paint before selling
the owner is asking $5,500. Im wondering if this is a cheap enough price that any other jobs that need to be done or maintenance required will be worth it. i dont wanna buy a beaten up lemon. what should i look for and what are good pointers that tell me it needs work done to it. should the belts have been switched when swapping the motor? if the motor and tranny is clean should i get it anyways and worry about the other problems myself since that would cost the most?? thanks in advance for the help :)

#134 ·
Hi all, my first post. Have been researching my next buy and found the RSX and just fell for it. Money isn't at a bad spot, but I'm not looking to buy one with high mileage really(parents would freak). So I did searching and stayed patient. Found one at a dealership that's an 03 with a clean carfax, 120k miles on it and asking price is 7 k. Seem worth it? Car looks to be taken care of and everything. Just looking for some extra advice. It is a base, I wish it was a Type-S but no lol

#135 ·
Should I buy a Type-S 2005?

Hey guys,

I am a first time poster and just wanted to know whether I should buy a 2005 RSX Type-S with 170,000KMS. The car has a broken motor mount and the tps sensor is broken. The radio also needs to be recoded. I sat with him while he drove and the car and it was loud and so the seller indicated that there might be a leak in the exhaust. The seller is saying he will get all of this done.

The cars front bumper was also repainted and driver side front fender (front bumper due to stone chips and fender due to someone keying it).

Does this sound suspect? I mean with the motor mount breaking and the front bumper fender being repainted. Does it seem like it was in an accident? Anything I should be looking out for?

Thanks!

#147 ·
Looking to list my 2006 Type-S for sale but trying to get an idea for price. Was leaning on $16,500 obo.

2006 RSX Type-S White
Clean title
Original owner
Stock engine 72k miles
Spoon axle back exhaust
Godspeed coilovers, Less then 500 miles
SPC rear camber kit, Less then 500 miles
Continental DWS 225/45/17, Less then 500 miles
ACT clutch and flywheel, Less then 500 miles
9/10 tan interior. No tears on seats
Well maintained. Everything works

#148 ·
Looking to list my 2006 Type-S for sale but trying to get an idea for price. Was leaning on $16,500 obo.

2006 RSX Type-S White
Clean title
Original owner
Stock engine 72k miles
Spoon axle back exhaust
Godspeed coilovers, Less then 500 miles
SPC rear camber kit, Less then 500 miles
Continental DWS 225/45/17, Less then 500 miles
ACT clutch and flywheel, Less then 500 miles
9/10 tan interior. No tears on seats
Well maintained. Everything works
Eh, seems a little high. The one owner, essentially stock condition is definitely a plus and these cars are in demand, but you're approaching twice Blue Book value. The coilovers and exhaust are worth pretty much nothing (that's how mods work), so the premium you're asking over Blue Book is basically just "clean RSX upcharge."

I mean, post it up and see what happens? You can always reduce it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.