Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Lamborghini Orange k20/k24 Build

18K views 262 replies 104 participants last post by  Jekyllnhyde 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, name's Rashad. I bought my car from a guy out in Texas around August 2010. I've been lurking around the forums since about that time but I didn't join until a good while later. I wanted an RSX-s since I was about 17 years old (I'm 23 right now) and I finally got one. It is my own, meaning mommy and daddy didn't help me buy it and I paid cash for it so no car payments. I always keep full coverage though so the insurance kills me.

The car was built and turbo'd, but before selling it the owner took the entire tubo kit off of the car (although I would have gladly paid an extra couple grand for the turbo kit :dontknow: oh well)

Since I've had it I've done a lot of things to the car. Most of it has been for performance but there was one cosmetic change... the front bumper. I maintain it well and it is DAILY DRIVEN

EDIT: Please read before posting. I understand that my car has some "rice" on there but I have plans to remove all of it. I'm aware and I'm gonna change it as soon as I get the money... just give me a little time. If you don't read anything else, read my "plans" section and see where I want to go with the build. Tell me what you think of the ideas I have for it. If you think my PLANS suck, then please tell me and feel free to talk as much trash about how stupid something is or what I should reconsider. Thanks.

DYNO VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ver-C96DC9M&feature=youtube_gdata

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Engine
k24a2
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
RBC Intake Manifold w/ Karcepts TB adapter (OEM TB)
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail - Black
Hybrid Racing Fuel Pressure Gauge
RDX 410cc Injectors
Hondata 4 Bar Map Sensor
Megan Racing RH (with cat-converter welded in)
Megan Racing Exhaust
Neo Chrome SRI
Hybrid Racing Radiator Hoses - Ninja Green
Innovative Motor Mounts
Blox Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
Mobil1 Synthetic

Transmission
ka6mt 6 speed Manual Transmission
Carbon Syncros
LSD
Competition Clutch Ultra-Lightweight Flywheel
Competition Clutch Stage 2 Clutch
01-05 Honda Civic Clutch Master Cylinder (apparently it's better than the RSX CMC :dontknow:)
K-Tuned Stainless Clutch Line Kit
Hybrid Racing Shifter Cables
Blox Magnetic Transmission Fluid Drain Plug
Honda MTF

Exterior/Interior
Lamborghini Orange (Arancio Atlas) FULL paint-job
20% Window Tint
JDM Front & Rear Emblems
OEM Front w/ OEM aspec lip
CRSX Amber Fog Lights
Authentic JDM Headlights w/ 6000k HID kit
Ings Side Skirts
Buddy Club Rear Bumper
Spoon Power Mirrors
Wings West Type-R Wing
NRG Quick Release Steering Wheel w/ Personal Steering Wheel
Honda EP3 Red Hazard Switch
CRSX Shift Boot w/ CRSX Shift Boot Adapter
Blox Neo Chrome Shift Knob
JDM Type-R Emergency Brake
StopTech Slotted & Drilled Rotors and Pads
16" Stockies

Suspension
KONI Lowering Springs
Progress Rear 24mm Sway Bar
Progress Rear Tie Bar
Beaks Rear Tie Bar
Skunk2 Rear Lower Control Arms
Skunk2 Rear Camber Kit
DC Sports Titanium Strut Tower Bar

Electronics
HONDATA K-pro
Buddy Club SECU-TIMER

Plans

Engine
RBC Intake Manifold bored to 70mm
Injector Dynamics 750cc Injectors
Hybrid Racing 70mm Throttle Body
Hybrid Racing TPS
Injen Cold Air Intake w/ Hydroshield
Buddy Club Race Header
Buddy Club Spec-III Exhaust

Transmission
K-Tuned Billet Shifter

Exterior/Interior
Amber Sidemarkers
OEM Rear w/ OEM aspec lip
I plan to keep my "ugly/rice/hideous" side skirts. It'd take a petition to change my mind.
OEM aspec wing
Wheels (suggestions?)

Suspension
Progress Competition Coilovers (open to alternate suggestions)
Honda EM2 Front Sway Bar
Ingalls Front Endlinks
SPC Front Camber Kit
Cusco Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars

Electronics
None

:needpics:pIX:camera:

When I bought the car, it had the RoJa Polyurethane front bumper on it (I do not have any pictures of the car with this front on it). Some idiot hit me and messed that one up. The bumper was discontinued and I could not find it anywhere. I had to find something quick because at the time of the accident I was in the process of moving out of state. Therefore, I had to make a decision quick and put something on at the last minute. I didn't have many options and this was the decision (the two small pictures below) :eek:

Here's what it looks like now​

See less See more
#187 ·
Love the color, hate the hood, body kit, side markers, lack of wheels on something so flashy. And for gods sake get an 05-06 light/bumper conversion :D

#190 ·
I think you should get lambo wheels man. Do a lambo lug conversion. That be hella sick..

#193 · (Edited)
::Edited::

So, my advice, after skimming over your build and current setup, is to find focus; it really seems like you are trying to make this the "every-man's" car: show, go, and daily driver, which I think this is a mistake. Instead of trying to address every aspect of your car, figure out what you really want to do with your car, and concentrate on that.

Looks:

If you want a dd you need to tone things down, kill the rear bumper, sides, crazy hood, and rear wing; find replacements that gracefully accent your car, but don't scream for attention (hard to do with that color).

or

Go balls to the wall, grab a max racing hood, backyard special bumper, Mugen wing (just examples). If you want carbon fiber on the hood then turn it into a theme, don't just have it on the hood and then have the rest of the car orange... Pick up a nasty set of rims that are really impractical for DD, but fit in with the crazy "please stop me because you know I'm going to do something crazy" paint job.

Performance:

DD or show: keep it simple, a few bolt-ons, K-pro, motor mounts, maybe a set of cams.

or

Whatever the fuck your imagination can derive, though I'm partial to k24 swap myself.

Alternatively, you could choose to mod the car throughout, just take it a step at a time and be prepared to become very frustrated if you still want to DD the car.

For you rims, you should check out Burning Black (http://www.ravspeconline.com/shop/catalog/images/XD9_BKB_1810.jpg) for an awesome color that would look good with your car.

#194 ·
::Edited::

So, my advice, after skimming over your build and current setup, is to find focus; it really seems like you are trying to make this the "every-man's" car: show, go, and daily driver, which I think this is a mistake. Instead of trying to address every aspect of your car, figure out what you really want to do with your car, and concentrate on that.

Looks:

If you want a dd you need to tone things down, kill the rear bumper, sides, crazy hood, and rear wing; find replacements that gracefully accent your car, but don't scream for attention (hard to do with that color).

or

Go balls to the wall, grab a max racing hood, backyard special bumper, Mugen wing (just examples). If you want carbon fiber on the hood then turn it into a theme, don't just have it on the hood and then have the rest of the car orange... Pick up a nasty set of rims that are really impractical for DD, but fit in with the crazy "please stop me because you know I'm going to do something crazy" paint job.

Performance:

DD or show: keep it simple, a few bolt-ons, K-pro, motor mounts, maybe a set of cams.

or

Whatever the fuck your imagination can derive, though I'm partial to k24 swap myself.

Alternatively, you could choose to mod the car throughout, just take it a step at a time and be prepared to become very frustrated if you still want to DD the car.

For you rims, you should check out Burning Black (http://www.ravspeconline.com/shop/catalog/images/XD9_BKB_1810.jpg) for an awesome color that would look good with your car.
you want him to cam a motor that is already camed and built?

#196 ·
Wow man thanks for all that advice. That's exactly the kind of responses I was looking for (very detailed).

I actually have been realizing the same thing (I have no focus). As of now, I wanna keep it as my DD, so I can't really have it down for too long. I JUST got a job two days ago (I start today) so because I was unemployed for a few months I had to put my mods on hold.

First, I think I wanna focus on suspension (mostly becuz my tie rods are shot to hell)

Thanks again for the advice and being nice about it (not bashing) :thumbsup:

#198 ·
i wanna throw this car in a bucket of water and boil it then eat it with some chicken .. RICE. last owner was a tool. make some smart moves . stock body kit or aspec. keep the wing i think and some nice rims on that bit . and youll be straight. how much did you pay for this ???

#200 ·
Lol it's pretty obvious that you didn't read the ENTIRE post. If you had, you would understand that I stated (quite plainly) that I WAS in fact gonna do exactly what you said (switch over to aspec body kit). If you had read the entire post you'd know that I have, in fact, already started. 6 months ago I ditched my riced out FRONT bumper out for an oem bumper complete with amber fogs and aspec lip.

All the same, I appreciate your comment and your opinion. Have a wonderful new year :thumbsup:

#204 ·
As of now, the look is not exactly my cup of tea. Not a fan of the color, but I don't even like the color on a Lambo-- just me. But I gotta say it is pretty refreshing to see something different. Definitely interested in seeing a future progression, regardless of what you decide to do to it. Everyone's got an opinion, do what makes u happy.

#206 ·
Thanks.

I've owned it since August 2010 and I've never taken it to or through Austin since i had it. However, the original owner lives in Amarillo and if I remember correctly, he had 2 identical DC5s. So maybe he took his other one down to Austin and that's the one you were seeing. Then again, in March of this year (2011) I did make a cross country trip in the car but I didn't go through Austin. I went through Amarillo again. So there's my long answer to your short question... no, I was not in Austin a few months ago :)

#209 ·
Honest and constructive opinion? Ditch the fiberglass. The cf hood is good and I like the sides painted.

Most importantly, if you change nothing else at all. Get rid of the Wings West wing. I know it's all subjective, and if you like it then more power to you. But every time I see that wing my eyes can't help but want to look away.

Otherwise, I like the color choice. Fiberglass will never match spot on, at it's going to crack on the slightest impact. Almost synonymous with ricer these days.

Not hating, just giving my honest $.02. Hope you understand.

#221 ·
@Episoad: well trust me, this car was built perfectly for its time. It was built back when body kits and altezzas were popular. This car definitely had wheels before he spent $8000 on the Lamborghini paint. Perhaps read the entire post before posting. Might prevent you from having more "oh I guess I didn't realize that" moments. If you read, you'd know that I BOUGHT the car after it was painted orange. He had wheels on it but I asked him to take them off (as well as a few other things) so that he could lower the price for me a bit. All the same, thanks for your time and your comment

@rsx boi: actually there's no big Boeing factory here. However, one of the 2 Lockheed Martin assembly centers is here in Atlanta. The one here in Atlanta is where they make the F22 Raptor fighter jet. They just finished the last one a few weeks ago. At the beginning of next year they're gonna get started on the F35 Joint Strike Fighter. If you're a fighter jet person it's cool to live in this city cuz if you know the right person you can get a tour of their facilities. About the pic... that warehouse that I was at I think is just a storage facility for spare parts for C-17s at the army base in the next town over. Don't quote me on that tho. Not sure if that's actually true. Just guessing. Thanks for looking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.