Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

how to blow up your motor?

Tags
blow motor
737 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dehalorespire 
#1 ·
alright i am thinking putting 50 wet shots of nos into type s. i am just wondering what kind of stuff will make my engine blow up. such as low rpm, too lean...... give me some ideas how to blow it up so i don't blow my motor.

#2 ·
There are a dozens of things you can do to blow your motor with nitrous. Just knowing what they are will not help you. Ineveitably you will miss one. Just be smart about it and you will be fine.

1) set it up properly. That is most important. Do not cut corners on the install. Do not think you "remembered" the jetting chart. Then, test, test, test, and retest.

2) use it smartly. Dont spray in the parking lot or while taking a corner to impress your friends, dont do burnouts; dont spray in 6th gear on the interstate...read don't spray unless you need to and be conservative.

3) maintenance. Check your plugs weekly (at least). Especially when the intall is new. Check after each spray until you are confident. Make sure the plugs are not getting charred. If they are, then start to troubleshoot and solve the problem. Occasionally pull the nozzle out of the intake and spray into a towel to make sure that fuel and nitrous are flowing properly. Check the spray pattern.

4) safety equipment. FPSS, MSD window switch, programmable nitrous controllers, etc. Safety equipment will help you, but it will not save you if you ignore the 3 above.

good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.