*** Official Shift Knob Thread*** - Page 56 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Interior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #1376
Nimda

Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5_dy View Post
s2000 Titanium shift knob

Super clean... only other knob I'd use besides the stock.
Nimda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #1377
dc5_dy
is John

dc5_dy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimda View Post
Super clean... only other knob I'd use besides the stock.
thanks!
dc5_dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #1378
Nimda

Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nimda is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
thanks!
Question - I see your boot kind sagging a little bit since you don't have a knob adaptor zip-tied to the boot. Did that come with the s2000 knob and you just decided not to use it? I just ordered the RSX alum. shift knob from Delray (which is identical to the s2000 I believe) so I'm wondering if the adaptor and zip-tie is sold seperate?

Old 05-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #1379
dc5_dy
is John

Quote:
Question - I see your boot kind sagging a little bit since you don't have a knob adaptor zip-tied to the boot. Did that come with the s2000 knob and you just decided not to use it? I just ordered the RSX alum. shift knob from Delray (which is identical to the s2000 I believe) so I'm wondering if the adaptor and zip-tie is sold seperate?
actually thats how it designed. that adaptor came with A-SPEC RSX Aluminum Shift Knob. see plastic pieces below. when i bought the s2k knob it didnt come with it thats why i didnt sell the shift boot adapter when i sold the RSX aluminum shift knob. if you ordered A-SPEC aluminum shift knob from them it be the same like mine. "saggy' it will come with zip tie and you will use that on the black plastic ring below and shift boot.

i used to have this.. and didnt like it..

Old 05-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #1380
Nimda

Ok, great. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The stock knob fits perfectly for my hand and I like the look of it but I'd say it's time for a change. Really looking forward to this one!
Old 05-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #1381
dc5_dy
is John

Quote:
Ok, great. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The stock knob fits perfectly for my hand and I like the look of it but I'd say it's time for a change. Really looking forward to this one!
anytime!
Old 05-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #1382
Nimda

Got the RSX aluminum 6MT knob installed and I'm a little shocked how much of a difference it makes having the extra weight for thr throws. Reeeeally like it! Installed it according to the instructions and I'm still not sure how I feel having that 1inch or more of the shift arm exposed. I guess if it bothers me I'll get the rubber washer like some members have done? Not too wild about the strutking one either.

Being in southern AZ the heat might be a problem though.. I might have to cover it or something when I park somewhere so I don't burn my hand when I return.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #1383
troubleshooter
Master Member

troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Spoon Sports Black Duracon 6MT is right for hot weather states
Old 05-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #1384
Nimda

I might just have seasonal shift knobs.. is probably what I'll have to do. We'll see..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #1385
Shorty15c4

Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Matching interior shift boot makes every blend together.

Mugen Shift knob

Skunk2 Shift knob
Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #1386
simongtp
texan

simongtp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx simongtp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx simongtp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx simongtp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx simongtp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx simongtp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx simongtp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx simongtp might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140421_161417.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	858.7 KB
ID:	427442

Bought it off Amazon with custom boot. Guy before me had destroyed the stock one.

Sy
simongtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #1387
Scarmaz

Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What do yall think of the OEM gold knob?

Last edited by Scarmaz; 06-26-2014 at 09:14 PM..
Scarmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #1388
coltzxli
Its Always Sunny...

coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
[IMG]
2012-10-06 04.27.57 by Coltzxli, on Flickr[/IMG]
coltzxli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:40 PM   #1389
Shorty15c4

Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarmaz View Post
What do yall think of the OEM gold knob?
That doesnt look half bad. Why gold? Is the outside color gold?
Old 06-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #1390
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
I might just have seasonal shift knobs.. is probably what I'll have to do. We'll see..
this sounds like a good idea since this time of year it burns like hell to grab on to a full metal one haha. need something a bit more summer friendly
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASK Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew CRSX Mod Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02
I'm surprised you even drink coffee

With it being black and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:24 AM   #1391
Nimda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty15c4 View Post
Just the way the photo was taken to make the OEM knob look gold.. or a filter.. or their really is a gold oem knob that I'm unaware of, ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
this sounds like a good idea since this time of year it burns like hell to grab on to a full metal one haha. need something a bit more summer friendly
Yea, wasn't thinking when I installed that one. Worst part? I had to cut off the zip-tie that came with the knob to get the ring back off. Sounds stupid but those zip-ties are the perfect size. FML.

Last edited by Nimda; 06-27-2014 at 01:33 AM..
Old 06-27-2014, 07:06 AM   #1392
Scarmaz

Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Scarmaz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty15c4 View Post
Yea, it's growing on me! It was painted and clear coated to get that shine. I'll take more pics when's my cam is done charging. I painted it because there are other gold accents on the trim and things.

Gold flake A-pillars

Gold stock bay (soon with black valve cover)
Old 06-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #1393
Shorty15c4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarmaz View Post
Yea, it's growing on me! It was painted and clear coated to get that shine. I'll take more pics when's my cam is done charging. I painted it because there are other gold accents on the trim and things.

Gold flake A-pillars

Gold stock bay (soon with black valve cover)
I definitely dig it.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #1394
Nimda

Oh wow, so it's custom done? Very cool, man! I'm a big fan of the OEM knob so this is very intriguing to me. Well done!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #1395
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
looks really good
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASK Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew CRSX Mod Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02
I'm surprised you even drink coffee

With it being black and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #1396
Scarmaz

Quote:
Oh wow, so it's custom done? Very cool, man! I'm a big fan of the OEM knob so this is very intriguing to me. Well done!
Yup! Just some sanding, painting and clearcoating and its VERY nice, thanks!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #1397
ditchdigger
05 JGM Type-S

ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
A-Spec shift knob, bought from dc5_dy, then painted numbers red

Boot Bezel and Upper Retainer Ring painted red

Custom lattice vinyl shift boot with red stitching

TSX boot adapter

Photo taken with my Nokia potato

Had trouble finding a zip tie that fit, so I used two small ones
ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #1398
dc5_dy
is John

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
A-Spec shift knob, bought from dc5_dy, then painted numbers red

Boot Bezel and Upper Retainer Ring painted red

Custom lattice vinyl shift boot with red stitching

TSX boot adapter

Photo taken with my Nokia potato

Had trouble finding a zip tie that fit, so I used two small ones
nice DIY shift boot! Type-R style yo!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #1399
ditchdigger
05 JGM Type-S

ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
nice DIY shift boot! Type-R style yo!
Thanks. Baller on a budget.
ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #1400
kawi_200
Jimbo's Cowering Employee

kawi_200 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I started with a stock A-Spec shift knob, bought an S2000 CR shift knob, then found a deal on a Mugen Civic SI shift knob. Been rocking the Mugen for the last few years. I bet I'm the only RSX out there with a Mugen SI knob
ABP Crew Member #42
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself.
Float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee. My keys to the ignition are like gloves to Ali.
I bust in your eye so you can see me cummin!!!!
kawi_200 is offline   Reply With Quote