K Tuned shifter, install idea - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Interior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-31-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
mrfunktastic

mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
K Tuned shifter, install idea

so i have a big pile of parts just waiting to be installed once it warms up outside (canada problems, -25 today with the wind chill)

im looking for some examples of installs people have done. seems like a shame to hide it under the console and shifter boot. but our cars look like hell without the centre console or boot on. any ideas are welcome. im currently leaning towards cutting a section out of both sides of the centre console and putting lexan in. but in my mind it seems kinda ricey to do that.

mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
just gut the whole interior.

racecar status

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:35 PM   #3
Mr. Anderson
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post

ricecar status
fixt
Harsh Anal Crew #1 + Red Wing #3 BFTD (Back from the Dead) Crew
Mr. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
fatso666

fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i have been thinking the same, how to make it shine not hide it...
my idea is to make a piece of acrilyc or lexan with the shape of italian gearbox like this:

(2004 to 2006) 1993 Honda Civic SI Blue
(2006 to 2008) 1994 Acura Integra DC2 White
(2009 Forever) 2003 Acura RSX Type S NHBP
fatso666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:51 PM   #5
kay20tilldeath
Master Member

kay20tilldeath is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Love that shift knob! What cam is that off of?
kay20tilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:17 PM   #6
mrfunktastic

mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mrfunktastic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
its just an old b18b cam i had laying around. combine that with a lathe and a tap and voila.... shift knob lol. i have a set of k20z3 cams here i may hack up and make a few vtec versions of these. and thats not a bad idea fatso666.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:03 AM   #7
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso666 View Post
i have been thinking the same, how to make it shine not hide it...
my idea is to make a piece of acrilyc or lexan with the shape of italian gearbox like this:

Proper term for that is "gated shifter." Just an FYI.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #8
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I saw a guy on facebook i think cut out the centre section for the shifter and it was awful. either all or nothing IMO. but ive always thought a gated shifter instead of our shift boot would look nice
RSlowXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #9
Ricky_Spanish
DontGiveAFuck \_(ツ)_/

Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ricky_Spanish is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Why is this in showoff section
Broke Student Crew #420 Rep'n Appalachian State

American, Italian, Japanese, European, they're all welcome
Not a JDM whore.......Just a whore
Ricky_Spanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:27 AM   #10
Bax29150

Bax29150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bax29150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bax29150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bax29150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bax29150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bax29150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bax29150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bax29150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Anyone gone through with any of these ideas? Think I'm going to try the "gated plexiglass" idea
Bax29150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #11
fatso666

fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
well until today ordered my race spec shifter, when i have it in my hands i will figure out, but i think the inmediate setup will be take off the boot only
(2004 to 2006) 1993 Honda Civic SI Blue
(2006 to 2008) 1994 Acura Integra DC2 White
(2009 Forever) 2003 Acura RSX Type S NHBP
fatso666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #12
jeereel

jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeereel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post

racecar status
jeereel is offline   Reply With Quote