*** Official Shift Knob Thread*** - Page 44 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Interior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #1076
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I thought I saw somewhere that someone burnt the Titanium OEM knob. It could be a real JDM piece I have no idea. You can find a replica or just have someone custom make one.
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison
Tegg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #1077
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
Garage
Btw, is it necessary to buy the crsx shift boot adapter for the skunk2? Or could I use the stock adapter?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #1078
Dc5anatic
Professional crastinator

Dc5anatic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by iThinkImJoey View Post
Btw, is it necessary to buy the crsx shift boot adapter for the skunk2? Or could I use the stock adapter?
U either have to use the crsx adapter to look nice or at the very least use an upside down nut. The oem adapter only looks good Wit the original knob. It looks horribly ugly with after market knbs
NATURALLY ASPIRATED FOR LIFE
13.38@102mph
Dc5anatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #1079
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The skunk2 knob tapers to a small end at the bottom. The stock piece will look bad, the adapter will look ok... I guess. Even it looks weird. You could zip tie the inside fold of the upper shift boot to the shift lever. The inside of the boot is zip-tied to the factory piece, Just take out that piece and zip tie it the exact same way to the shift knob. That way it flows with the small taper of the Skunk 2 knob and you don't have a larger area on top of your boot that doesn't go with the Skunk2 design.

With stock piece:

Zip tied higher up:

WTF?...

I call this one "Popin' da collar" over the stock piece:

Using the CRSX adapter, not too bad at all, just don't work all that well with this style knob IMO, with something like a Moddiction Anvil 2 is perfect since a larger knob base helps hide it:

Being a lazy-ass and doing nothing:
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison

Last edited by Tegg4; 11-09-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #1080
Evil_X
Combat Veteran

Evil_X gets around and is known
Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg4 View Post
The skunk2 knob tapers to a small end at the bottom. The stock piece will look bad, the adapter will look ok... I guess. Even it looks weird. You could zip tie the inside fold of the upper shift boot to the shift lever. The inside of the boot is zip-tied to the factory piece, Just take out that piece and zip tie it the exact same way to the shift knob. That way it flows with the small taper of the Skunk 2 knob and you don't have a larger area on top of your boot that doesn't go with the Skunk2 design.

With stock piece:

Zip tied higher up:

WTF?...

Using the CRSX adapter, not too bad at all, just don't work all that well with this style knob IMO, with something like a Moddiction Anvil 2 is perfect since a larger knob base helps hide it:

I think the CRSX adapter works perfectly with the Skunk2 knob. Just for the fact that when I drive, I dont like/want to feel the shift boot itself in my hands, and the lock nut on top of the adaptor lets your hand NOT touch the boot......
Evil_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #1081
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_X View Post
I think the CRSX adapter works perfectly with the Skunk2 knob. Just for the fact that when I drive, I dont like/want to feel the shift boot itself in my hands, and the lock nut on top of the adaptor lets your hand NOT touch the boot......
Yea I mean its not bad, functionally it works perfect. I just want more of a seamless look.
Quote:
Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #1082
Evil_X
Combat Veteran

Evil_X gets around and is known
Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known Evil_X gets around and is known
Quote:
Yea I mean its not bad, functionally it works perfect. I just want more of a seamless look.
Oh ok, I can understand that
Evil_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #1083
XXXdc5
Team Android

XXXdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Well for a Titanium shifter it is priced reasonably. The problem is it a more valuble metal because of its high strength and low weight, unfortunately people want heavy shift knobs. Make the stainless steel ones look like that and you are set.

You can heat/burn stainless steel, but I do not think the colors are as near as vivid as they are on the heated Ti shift knobs. Anyone know of any good burnt stainless steel knobs?
Oh I didn't notice that it was Ti. I wouldn't want a titanium one anyways.
Free Hyetothesky Crew #6
Mugen parts for sale
XXXdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #1084
hsadr
Master Member

hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
whys mine look like this whatd i do wrong?
first pic is with stock adapter and the rest crsx adapter.

its like theres nothing that really holds it up and flush with the knob. i was thinking about a small but of double sided hard tape but there must be a better way.

sorry about the giant pictures. no time to resize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post
I'll call you...Jamal. cause you look like a Jamal.
hsadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #1085
Koreo
Master Member

Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life Koreo really needs a life
double side tape

|Full Race|Garrett|Tial|K-Teller|Hondata|Injector Dynamics|Hasport|Walboro|Competition Clutch|Enkei|Rokkor|Progress|Junk2|Mugen|Blox|Defi |AEM|Hawk|Clubrsx|
Koreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #1086
frostydc5
Banned

frostydc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostydc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostydc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostydc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostydc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostydc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostydc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frostydc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
or take a fat zip tie under the boot so it wont slide down hard to get it right but its clean when u r done
frostydc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #1087
Tegg4
Consultant

Yea double sided tape, zip-ties, whatever it takes. Its covered by the boot so you could do anything that works. Personally I would get a piece of rubber you can wrap around under it to push it up against the knob then sip-tie it in place. Im sure there is any easy fix that most do, I just haven't researched it.
Quote:
Old 11-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #1088
JRG_24

JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Looking for a shift boot of something similar to this material:

Anybody know where I can get one?
doubt you corner fast enough to slide in clothseats..and i doubt you need a harness to brace yourself in that automatic going 0-60 in 10mins..
JRG_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #1089
F-BOM
Resident hater

F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though
www.redlinegoods.com

bride material
F-BOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #1090
JRG_24

JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JRG_24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BOM View Post
www.redlinegoods.com

bride material
doubt you corner fast enough to slide in clothseats..and i doubt you need a harness to brace yourself in that automatic going 0-60 in 10mins..
JRG_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #1091
Tegg4
Consultant

Get redline to add more red stitching, it looks cheap with just the 2 single stitching down the 4 sides. If they made the thread larger or made it with an extra stitch line for each one it would look nice. I will be using redline for sure. Its one of the last part I need to finish my shifter upgrade.

It actually just started with a maybe I will just get a MTEC pivot Ball and Redline boot... to buying a MTEC Pivot Ball, MTEC Springs, K-Tune Arm Spring, JTC Shifter (Soon to be released), and a Moddiction Anvil 2 Stainless Steel Shift Knob.
Quote:
Old 11-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #1092
hsadr
Master Member

hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hsadr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreo View Post
double side tape
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostydc5 View Post
or take a fat zip tie under the boot so it wont slide down hard to get it right but its clean when u r done
Quote:
Yea double sided tape, zip-ties, whatever it takes. Its covered by the boot so you could do anything that works. Personally I would get a piece of rubber you can wrap around under it to push it up against the knob then sip-tie it in place. Im sure there is any easy fix that most do, I just haven't researched it.
yeah im either gonna zip tie the bottom of the adapter inside the boot, or put a small bit of double sided between the knob and the adapter.

everything i buy is a pain in the ass.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #1093
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
Garage
Quote:

With stock piece:

Zip tied higher up:

WTF?...

I'd say the "poppin' da collar" one looks pretty nice. I think ill try that when i get my Skunk2 and if that doesnt work ill just go with the CRSX Shift boot adapter
Old 11-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #1094
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
I'd say the "poppin' da collar" one looks pretty nice. I think ill try that when i get my Skunk2 and if that doesnt work ill just go with the CRSX Shift boot adapter
Haha, its really not that bad if you were to put a zip tie up under it near the top of the plastic piece to hold it up close to it.
Quote:
Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #1095
hsadr
Master Member

fixed.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #1096
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

Garage
Does the Skunk2 Shift knob come in one color? I seen only that light gunmetal color on websites that sold it including the Crsx store but I seen other people with darker shades of gunmetal and even black.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #1097
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

Garage
Quote:
Does the Skunk2 Shift knob come in one color? I seen only that light gunmetal color on websites that sold it including the Crsx store but I seen other people with darker shades of gunmetal and even black.
Never mind screw it. I just ordered one
Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #1098
02sevenspokes
A Little Dirt Never Hurt

02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02sevenspokes is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
it's just how the pics were taken, it's gunmetal colored

Something has to stretch
02sevenspokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #1099
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

Garage
Finally!
How does it look like with the stock adapter?

I thought for a 16 year old, I did a pretty good job making It work with the stock one.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #1100
creme
nublet

creme has disabled reputation
Quote:
Finally!
How does it look like with the stock adapter?

I thought for a 16 year old, I did a pretty good job making It work with the stock one.