04 type s for 04 s2k? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Honda S2000
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Nam087

Nam087 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nam087 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nam087 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nam087 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nam087 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nam087 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nam087 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nam087 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
04 type s for 04 s2k?

i found a guy that wants to trade his s2k for my rsx. his car has a salvage title, color is yellow 49,000 miles for my 04 type s with 51,000 miles and clean title. should i do it?
Nam087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
iPhone Posted from an iPhone

Salvage? I would be aware, just keep the rsx
crackystride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
^Agreed. Unless you can get it checked out, its spotty at best. Also keep in mind that if you ever plan to sell the S2k that you will have to worry about the salvage history as well.
Reckon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
tegboy07

tegboy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tegboy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tegboy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tegboy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tegboy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tegboy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tegboy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tegboy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sell the RSX and purchase a clean AP2. Otherwise, keep your car.
tegboy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
RedCelica
^^^given slave name

RedCelica is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
salvage as in theft recovery or other reason?
s2kca now on Google+
s2kca on facebook
RedCelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:07 AM   #6
Slo_RSX
iVtec Do You?

Slo_RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
If its been in a total loss accident you never know the quality of the body work/ frame work. Things never usally line up properly or as good as before. If I had a clean titled car I would definatly not trade it for a salvage title.

Spoon Sports
My Show-Off Thread
Slo_RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
TyFoxx0608
Infinite Motorsports

TyFoxx0608 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The only time that I would buy an s2K salvage, is when they salvage it out it cause the seats where stolen out of it thats it.
PWP RSX-S = sold
Integra GSR = sold
Civic Si = sold
TyFoxx0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:42 AM   #8
Drop2inch
[Insert Title]

Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyFoxx0608 View Post
The only time that I would buy an s2K salvage, is when they salvage it out it cause the seats where stolen out of it thats it.
Agreed. Its not a good trade if the S2k was salvaged from a collision. There could be many problems with the frameworks. It also worst in an S2k because the vehicle stability system is very sensitive which can trigger other problems later on.

I bought a salvaged S2k before. Biggest mistake that I've made in buying cars
Drop2inch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #9
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
don't do it.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
Cochino

Cochino is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
dont do it
Cochino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:54 AM   #11
youngn
Master Member

youngn is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
If it's stolen seats...or to a stretch, theft then sure, otherwise hell no. Stolen seats can total the car, however IDK if it will be salvage.
Like others said, there's no guarantee that the bodywork is good, and the other thing to consider is that if the car was damaged enough, it could affect the driving dynamics of the car, and obviously that's something you'd want intact if you are shopping for a car like this, and no amount of time in the body shop is going to fix that.

And 11k isn't that great of a price for a salvage AP2. I'd rather have a clean AP1 at that price.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
blizz81

blizz81 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I wouldn't mind a salvage title on an older beater, but not on a performance car meant for fun and/or anything where you might look for resale.
blizz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
94RHDDelSolSiR

94RHDDelSolSiR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 94RHDDelSolSiR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 94RHDDelSolSiR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 94RHDDelSolSiR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 94RHDDelSolSiR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 94RHDDelSolSiR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 94RHDDelSolSiR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 94RHDDelSolSiR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I know this is an older thread BUT, salvage could be good or bad.. Like people mentioned, totaledbecause the seats were stolen, or stripped. But totaled in a collision, well all depends on who did the bodywork. Now first things first, if the car was totaled, fixed, inspected and is currently registered, well al that needs to be done is register it. BUT if it was fixed and hasnt gone thru inspection well thats where you have to be carefull. You need 2 VERY VERY important things. Pictures and receipts. If you dont have these FORGET IT. You need before, in the process and after pics. You need receipts for every single part. Every state is different on how to inspect and register a salvaged car. Me personally, have fixed, had inspected registered and sold many salvage vehicles and the only comebacks I had were to buy more cars from me. Right now, I am in the process o cutting the rear clip off my Del Sol and welding in the rear transtop clip. Then doing the RHD conversion. I am doing it the proper way. Completly removing the frame rails, firewall etc. Yes it takes alot longer, BUT is better in the long run. Im sorry if this thread is old, but just signed up to this forum last night. I just hope my info is somewhat helpful.
94RHDDelSolSiR is offline   Reply With Quote