RSX-S vs S2000 - Page 11 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Honda S2000
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #251
JayDeeEm
Driver 7

JayDeeEm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDeeEm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDeeEm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDeeEm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDeeEm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDeeEm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDeeEm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDeeEm is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

This is my 06 type s .. it has 108k , ive had it for a year and just dropped it about 3 weeks ago on brand new progress coils .. got mugen lip installed few days ago .. the car is rebadged all around. The cars value will be going down more now that it has 108k .. I dont owe anything on the car it was paid cash. I love s2000s and have wanted one for a while .. im considering selling the rsx now and getting one asap. I like everything about the car .. i dnt care about only 2 seats or lack of space .. jumping from an EM1 Si into a stock rsx felt amazing in terms of comfort and luxury .. but in terms of driving it sucks .. heres a list of things i dislike

-The stock suspension is garbage ..
-You feel high up from the ground ..
-The turning radius is wider which annoys the hell out of me ..
-The car doesnt really have this certain steering feel to it ..
-The tranny is horrible compared to the amazing feel of a b16 tranny..
-You cant throw the car in reverse while slightly moving forward, itll grind ..
-The dash sits really high up which i also dislike .. specially coming from a civic.. (im 5'10) -Seats look nice but arent all that comfortable imo..
-Doesnt come with stock armrest ..
-Steering wheel doesnt go as low as id like ..
-Even with aftermarket suspension i still have body roll ..

the year ive had this car has made me itch to be in a real drivers car again .. something more raw .. something i can also take to the track once in a while and enjoy myself in .. i know i wont regret selling the car once im in an s2k .. convertible ..50/50 weight distribution..rwd.. double wishbone .. 240hp ..smooth shifting.. projectors.. breaks more necks ..will have somewhat low miles im thinking in the 40- 50k area.. better pedal position for rev matching .. better deeper sounding engine note .. pure vtec like the si rather than ivtec.. push to start .. better seats .. arm rest ..better community.. now the question is .. whats holding me back from getting the s2000 right now .. maybe because i havent found "the one yet" on my online search .. or maybe i feel like even with all those things i dont like about the rsx i should for some reason get wheels and keep it for a few months? .. im stuck right now .. I can always buy wheels for it just to be able to see the car looking clean with wheels and just keep them when selling the car anyways .. but i dont know ..Why am i hesitating to just say fuck it, s2k time. If i know i prob wont miss anything about this car?!@! Maybe i feel like im leaving something uncompleted since the car is looking so clean now?? so many things im asking myself .. what if i miss having a black car ..

New York City
Gamertag - Voltecs
Instagram- Luis_Dc5

Last edited by JayDeeEm; 06-18-2013 at 09:15 PM..
JayDeeEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #252
KwantumFizzics
Tennis Physicist.

KwantumFizzics gets around and is known
KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known
I feel you...

Cognitive Dissonance with a little bit of gooey Moog Synths.
KwantumFizzics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #253
Cochino

Cochino is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeEm View Post

This is my 06 type s .. it has 108k , ive had it for a year and just dropped it about 3 weeks ago on brand new progress coils .. got mugen lip installed few days ago .. the car is rebadged all around. The cars value will be going down more now that it has 108k .. I dont owe anything on the car it was paid cash. I love s2000s and have wanted one for a while .. im considering selling the rsx now and getting one asap. I like everything about the car .. i dnt care about only 2 seats or lack of space .. jumping from an EM1 Si into a stock rsx felt amazing in terms of comfort and luxury .. but in terms of driving it sucks .. heres a list of things i dislike

-The dash sits really high up which i also dislike .. specially coming from a civic.. (im 5'10) -Seats look nice but arent all that comfortable imo..

the year ive had this car has made me itch to be in a real drivers car again .. something more raw .. something i can also take to the track once in a while and enjoy myself in .. i know i wont regret selling the car once im in an s2k .. convertible ..50/50 weight distribution..rwd.. double wishbone .. 240hp ..smooth shifting.. projectors.. breaks more necks ..will have somewhat low miles im thinking in the 40- 50k area.. better pedal position for rev matching .. better deeper sounding engine note .. pure vtec like the si rather than ivtec.. push to start .. better seats .. arm rest ..better community.. now the question is .. whats holding me back from getting the s2000 right now .. maybe because i havent found "the one yet" on my online search .. or maybe i feel like even with all those things i dont like about the rsx i should for some reason get wheels and keep it for a few months? .. im stuck right now .. I can always buy wheels for it just to be able to see the car looking clean with wheels and just keep them when selling the car anyways .. but i dont know ..Why am i hesitating to just say fuck it, s2k time. If i know i prob wont miss anything about this car?!@! Maybe i feel like im leaving something uncompleted since the car is looking so clean now?? so many things im asking myself .. what if i miss having a black car ..

Lol every car will have it's pros and cons.

For everyday use rsx all day.
Fast and cheap won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Fast and reliable won't be cheap.
Cochino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #254
Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
Expert Troll

Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road
i-vtec is superior to what the s2000 has....

also body roll is mostly about sway bars
Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #255
rsxonic

rsxonic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
s2k ftw. im in the same page u are bro.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #256
_basser_
2point2dc

_basser_ is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:

Old 08-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #257
aziraco47

aziraco47 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aziraco47 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aziraco47 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aziraco47 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aziraco47 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aziraco47 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aziraco47 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aziraco47 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust View Post
i-vtec is superior to what the s2000 has....

also body roll is mostly about sway bars
Its funny how I was laughed at when I pointed this out..but its true..theres now a kit for s2000 to install the vtc and have ivtec
aziraco47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #258
Expert Troll

Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road
Lol yes
Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #259
KwantumFizzics
Tennis Physicist.

KwantumFizzics gets around and is known
KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known KwantumFizzics gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziraco47 View Post
Its funny how I was laughed at when I pointed this out..but its true..theres now a kit for s2000 to install the vtc and have ivtec
Redundant much bruh?

VTC is what makes it 'Intelligent'. Cam angles...

Cognitive Dissonance with a little bit of gooey Moog Synths.
KwantumFizzics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #260
blingtegra
☚ gtfo

blingtegra is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
whats a good price for a used S2000 CR? i've never seen one go below $30k. Was hoping i can find one for $28k
Old 12-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #261
datsjusme

datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
NEED HELP! What do you guys think the value of this car is? http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/4228529425.html. He wants to trade for my rsx type s with 1300 on top. Heres my rsx. http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4238575889.html. What do you guys think????
datsjusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #262
Expert Troll

seems reasonable, make sure it wasn't crashed..most have spun out a few times lol
Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #263
datsjusme

datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datsjusme is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ok thanks, i'll make sure it is good
datsjusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #264
bsivoljr
Dafkup

bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

Hmm interesting...for some reason your story reminded me of my gf. Every month For a few days to a week she gets all crazy. She goes to the women's isle in the store and when she comes back she is cool. You might benefit from a visit to the store too
Old 12-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #265
shrykhar
vtaaaakk VTAK VTAK VTAK

shrykhar is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsivoljr View Post
Hmm interesting...for some reason your story reminded me of my gf. Every month For a few days to a week she gets all crazy. She goes to the women's isle in the store and when she comes back she is cool. You might benefit from a visit to the store too
shrykhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #266
Expert Troll

Lol
Old 01-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #267
Cochino

IMG_2675 by gtown rsx, on Flickr

IMG_2715 by gtown rsx
Fast and cheap won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Fast and reliable won't be cheap.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #268
s1mba

s1mba is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1mba is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1mba is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1mba is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1mba is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1mba is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1mba is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx s1mba is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
beast
s1mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #269
Cochino

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mba View Post
beast
thanks.

just realized i posted in the wrong thread though
Old 03-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #270
coaster99

coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Question for owners of both cars.
If the 2000 is a 10/10 in performance/handling.
Then what is the RSX S?

Haven't been in a 2000 but I would say 7/10.
Thanks.
I really like the 2000.
coaster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #271
Expert Troll

Lol s2000 is a 10/10?
Old 03-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #272
coaster99

coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coaster99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust View Post
Lol s2000 is a 10/10?
All right mang. In a s2000 based scale where the 2000 is a 10/10 not including super cars mang. To simplify things. No P1 or LAFerrari.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVQ8byG2mY8
coaster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #273
BXPhoto

BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I own both... RSX as a fun daily and my s2k as an upcoming turbo/sema build.

BXPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #274
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Nice AP1. Wheel specs?
Reckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #275
BXPhoto

BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BXPhoto is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
18 x 9.5 +40... AME and Auto RnD just sponsored me for SEMA so soon to be 17 x 9 +40 with meaty RS-R's and a BBK kit...

Last edited by BXPhoto; 01-09-2015 at 06:47 PM..
BXPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote