Spoon 70mm Throttle Body! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > All Motor RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
RSXDC5
Because Racecar

RSXDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Spoon 70mm Throttle Body!

Just received my Spoon throttle body which is bored to 70mm on the inlet and tapers down to 64mm on the outlet side. This is essentially a brand new throttle body with all sensors included. The only reason I got this was because it was the same price (roughly) as an OEM throttle body and I was in desperate need of an OEM TPS sensor...but being a Spoon part, it was already bored out and checked over so why not.

You will lose cruise control with this piece as it starts its life as a type r throttle body (which does not have cruise control). For me, this really doesn't matter, I have never really used cruise control anyways AND the car is soon to become a dedicated track car.

One more point of interest, the throttle cable wheel/spring is smaller on the type r models so you will have slack in your throttle cable line. I just went down to ace hardware and picked up 2 extended bolts (to be used in place of the stock throttle cable bracket bolts, 2 thick nylon spacers and some washers to bump out the throttle cable bracket by 25mm, this takes up the slack in the throttle cable line. Now on to the pics!...

You can see the spacer in the last pic, it may look strange, but it is SOLID, no play at all.
316whp/240tq NA 2.4L...Hytech Built/ERL sleeved/Benson Re-Bored K24...Hytech Spec Wiseco's (12.5:1), Blueprint I-Beam Pro Rods, ARP EVERYTHING, Hytech Oil Pump/Baffle, Laminova Oil Cooler, Endyn K20 Road Race Head, Blueprint Ported RBC, Hytech CAI, Spoon TB, Hybrid Racing TCT, Hytech Stg II/I In/Ex Cams, Toda Racing Adj. Ex. Cam Gear, SSR 4-1 Header w/ Hytech Collector, Hytech 2.5in Twin Loop Exhaust, DC5R Transmission/Quaife LSD/5.1FD, Exedy Twin Disk, Stoptech BBK/Carbotech XP-10's, Buddy Club Dampers w/ Swift Springs

Last edited by RSXDC5; 02-24-2011 at 03:49 AM..
RSXDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
20dc502
2002 Milano Red Type-S

20dc502 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 20dc502 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 20dc502 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 20dc502 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 20dc502 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 20dc502 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 20dc502 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 20dc502 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
looks good, just had a question im rather new to engine tuning, so sorry if everyone sees this as a dumb question. but wouldnt it tappering down back to 64mm defeat the purpose of having a bigger inlet on your tb? im probably totally wrong but was just curious..
20dc502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
Donnie J
Banned

Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Donnie J needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20dc502 View Post
looks good, just had a question im rather new to engine tuning, so sorry if everyone sees this as a dumb question. but wouldnt it tappering down back to 64mm defeat the purpose of having a bigger inlet on your tb? im probably totally wrong but was just curious..
your sort of right, he will still see gains, but to utilize a larger TB u need to port match, also u can make a custom intake

Donnie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #4
RSXDC5
Because Racecar

RSXDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Previously, my ported/welded RBC manifold (by Blueprint Racing) & Karcepts RBC adapter plate were port matched to 64mm...no further porting was necessary for this throttle body, it matched up perfectly.

I also have a custom CAI that Hytech Exhaust built.
316whp/240tq NA 2.4L...Hytech Built/ERL sleeved/Benson Re-Bored K24...Hytech Spec Wiseco's (12.5:1), Blueprint I-Beam Pro Rods, ARP EVERYTHING, Hytech Oil Pump/Baffle, Laminova Oil Cooler, Endyn K20 Road Race Head, Blueprint Ported RBC, Hytech CAI, Spoon TB, Hybrid Racing TCT, Hytech Stg II/I In/Ex Cams, Toda Racing Adj. Ex. Cam Gear, SSR 4-1 Header w/ Hytech Collector, Hytech 2.5in Twin Loop Exhaust, DC5R Transmission/Quaife LSD/5.1FD, Exedy Twin Disk, Stoptech BBK/Carbotech XP-10's, Buddy Club Dampers w/ Swift Springs
RSXDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #5
teacher
Mangekyou Sharingan!

teacher is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXDC5 View Post
Previously, my ported/welded RBC manifold (by Blueprint Racing) & Karcepts RBC adapter plate were port matched to 64mm...no further porting was necessary for this throttle body, it matched up perfectly.

I also have a custom CAI that Hytech Exhaust built.
pics of the CAI, how much did it run you?

I want better piping then what injen has for my CAI...

All Motor Crew #14

Go: Drag Cartel Stage 4
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
josh721

josh721 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx josh721 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx josh721 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx josh721 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx josh721 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx josh721 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx josh721 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx josh721 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
that throttle body looks nice, I too would like to see the CAI
josh721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
troubleshooter
Master Member

troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have a question. Since your intake manifold isn't stock Type S (PRB) nor Type R (PRC) , would u think buyin a Spoon Venturi for CL7 would fit DC5 that has RBC? Meaning, no modification needed to be done just plug and play. In fact both Spoon Venturi TB for DC5R/EP3R and CL7 have the same throttle body opening size which is 70mm and the butterfly valve size of 65mm

Last edited by troubleshooter; 01-13-2016 at 02:13 PM..
troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #8
troubleshooter
Master Member

troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx troubleshooter is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
We all know that RBC manifolds originally came off from the Accord Euro R CL7s, I just wana clear that up before buyin that Spoon Brand which I also needed to replace my old stock TB and delete my CC

(I was doin a research on my own on Google and this thread appeared so pardon me if this is an old thread)
Old 01-11-2019, 01:52 AM   #9
xthundersz

xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Bump.. looking for answers onto @troubleshooter ’s question. - 2019 question
xthundersz is offline   Reply With Quote