MX-5 vs S2000 - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Honda S2000
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #26
Push
doing stuff

Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktec View Post
miata is a death trap. handles good though.
I tend to agree. The Frontal Impact ratings of both cars are similar, but the side impact rating of the Miata is 3 stars compared to a 5 star rating on the S2000 of the same year.

I had a supercharged Miata prior to my RSX. It folded in half quite nicely after losing it coming out of a tight corner and saying hai to a concrete wall (be careful on wet!). I would strongly agree with the idea of installing door bars, but I doubt it would be enough. The intrusion on my car was so bad it would probably have brought the entire solid door in on me were there bars in it. If I were to buy a roadster again, it would probably be an s2000. Don't get me wrong... I'm still a fan of the Miata and I loved mine. It was very fun to drive.

Incidentally, I got the RSX because I decided after totaling the Miata that I would buy a nice safe sport coupe and leave it stock. That idea didn't last very long
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Push is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #27
boostedNB
Banned

boostedNB is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Push View Post
I tend to agree. The Frontal Impact ratings of both cars are similar, but the side impact rating of the Miata is 3 stars compared to a 5 star rating on the S2000 of the same year.

I had a supercharged Miata prior to my RSX. It folded in half quite nicely after losing it coming out of a tight corner and saying hai to a concrete wall (be careful on wet!). I would strongly agree with the idea of installing door bars, but I doubt it would be enough. The intrusion on my car was so bad it would probably have brought the entire solid door in on me were there bars in it. If I were to buy a roadster again, it would probably be an s2000. Don't get me wrong... I'm still a fan of the Miata and I loved mine. It was very fun to drive.

Incidentally, I got the RSX because I decided after totaling the Miata that I would buy a nice safe sport coupe and leave it stock. That idea didn't last very long
Door bars + roll bar = it will be the safest you can possibly get a ROADSTER to be. Period. Whether its an s2k or a miata won't matter: its a roadster which means its body is not as strong as a regular cars.
boostedNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #28
Push
doing stuff

Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedNB View Post
With those two things it is JUST as safe as any regular car.
Quote:
Door bars + roll bar = it will be the safest you can possibly get a ROADSTER to be. Period. Whether its an s2k or a miata won't matter: its a roadster which means its body is not as strong as a regular cars.
2018 Kia Stinger GT2

Old 10-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #29
boostedNB
Banned

Way to completely spin everything out of context

Roadsters are weaker upon impact than regular cars. HOWEVER, WITH A ROLLBAR AND DOOR BARS THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME.

Was that too hard to comprehend?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
Mr. Spade
Banned

Mr. Spade is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Holy shit, so thats what NB was in reference to!

Seeing those pics make me like it a bit, cant see myself in a Miata even tho it seems to have good value. I can see myself in an S2000, if it wasn't so expensive.
Mr. Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:52 PM   #31
96M8
i can haz chzbrgr?

96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx

i too was thinking of getting a miata. but an NB.
Diablo III: AnHero#1146
96M8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:30 AM   #32
CarLo
Master Member

CarLo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
NB is nice, but its a bit bigger than NA. I kinda like the go kart feel.
CarLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #33
boostedNB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLo View Post
NB is nice, but its a bit bigger than NA. I kinda like the go kart feel.
They feel about the same. While the NA is a bit lighter on its feet, both have that "Go kart" feel to them. The weight difference is roughly 150-200lbs depending on each car's trim. Definitely not anything drastic.

I don't know, its a matter of personal preference of course, but I like the NB a whole lot better. Better front end, nicer tail lights, much better interior, and a bit more bracing making it the more "sophisticated" miata. As well as the BEST head/valvetrain in the 99-00.
Some people swear by NA's though.

A few more pics

NA

NB

AND THE BADASS LIMITED PRODUCTION MIATA NB COUPE

Last edited by boostedNB; 10-23-2009 at 06:42 AM..
Old 10-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #34
InLoveWitRSX
www.philosobrah.com

InLoveWitRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I want a miata now
InLoveWitRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #35
boostedNB
Banned

Lol
Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #36
Push
doing stuff

Quote:
Way to completely spin everything out of context

Roadsters are weaker upon impact than regular cars. HOWEVER, WITH A ROLLBAR AND DOOR BARS THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME.

Was that too hard to comprehend?

Seriously though, I still miss mine. I had a four point frame mounted roll bar, the Moss SC with aquamist and a shitload of misc crap. I loved that thing. It was pretty heart wrenching when I crawled out of it and just stared at its remains. I probably needed the lesson at the time.
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Old 10-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #37
96M8
i can haz chzbrgr?

96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx 96M8 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
AND THE BADASS LIMITED PRODUCTION MIATA NB COUPE
damn ive never heard of it. thought someone just bondo'd the shit out of the hard top.

Diablo III: AnHero#1146
96M8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #38
Gradydc5
12345678-87654321

Gradydc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
My friend has a NB that is pretty much on the ground with sport max's. Super sexy.
Gradydc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #39
boostedNB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Push View Post

Seriously though, I still miss mine. I had a four point frame mounted roll bar, the Moss SC with aquamist and a shitload of misc crap. I loved that thing. It was pretty heart wrenching when I crawled out of it and just stared at its remains. I probably needed the lesson at the time.
You live and you learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB7ABP View Post
damn ive never heard of it. thought someone just bondo'd the shit out of the hard top.

Nah its legit. One just sold on ebay for 22k a few months ago
Old 10-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #40
Type-RSX
ß

Type-RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Miata also requires tons of self-confidence as everyone will think you are gay or driving your sisters car.

You just gotta want it.

< Yeah that's right, I am a pilot.
Type-RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #41
CarLo
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-RSX View Post
Miata also requires tons of self-confidence as everyone will think you are gay or driving your sisters car.
lol, although its image is destroyed, I was afraid to tell my friends, family, and coworkers I was getting a car. So far none of them said any jokes. I wanna see how it is when driving it too. I'm not ashamed though, its what gets me home at night with a smirk on my face waiting to drive it again the following morning.

Last edited by CarLo; 10-26-2009 at 02:30 AM..
Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 AM   #42
CarLo
Master Member

On that note, I think a stock looking Miata would look more girly as oppose to the pictures posted above makes the car look more masculine.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #43
boostedNB
Banned

All stock miata's look girly. However, in my experience the only people that EVER make fun of it are the assholes on online forums like the people here. Little insecure fags that aren't comfortable with their sexuality and think that a certain "car image" defines it
I have had literally 1 person EVER make fun of my car in public. He was a half drunk redneck in a lifted truck. Didn't bother me much.
It doesn't bother me when even online people try to make fun of it. I didn't buy the car to show off. I bought it to enjoy.
When people hear my turbo spooling, wastegate opening, and the rear tires laying down black stripes on the street they usually don't think the car is too girly
Old 11-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #44
mister x
Master Member

mister x is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It doesn't matter, whatever I drive reeks of testosterone.
mister x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #45
Kaze_RSX
4-MMC OG

Kaze_RSX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All stock miata's look girly. However, in my experience the only people that EVER make fun of it are the assholes on online forums like the people here. Little insecure fags that aren't comfortable with their sexuality and think that a certain "car image" defines it
I have had literally 1 person EVER make fun of my car in public. He was a half drunk redneck in a lifted truck. Didn't bother me much.
It doesn't bother me when even online people try to make fun of it. I didn't buy the car to show off. I bought it to enjoy.
When people hear my turbo spooling, wastegate opening, and the rear tires laying down black stripes on the street they usually don't think the car is too girly
2 reasons why I hate you: boost, and a NB

First day I got my NA it was hated on in traffic, driving in a neighborhood, etc etc... then again this is the south to a degree...

Ford 302 here i come

TiŽsto is #1 Crew #3
Dippers/Smokeless Tobacco crew of CRSX #3
Kaze_RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #46
JayL

JayL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze_RSX View Post
Ford 302 here i come
Sounds slow.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #47
Kaze_RSX
4-MMC OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Sounds slow.
Stock HO motor is faster than a C5 vette. Feel free to wander into RSX vs All and say your rsx is faster than a c5.
TiŽsto is #1 Crew #3
Old 11-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #48
suiteddc5

suiteddc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
DAMN! I am thinking I want one now?!?!?
suiteddc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #49
Car_Roll
Master Member

Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Car_Roll is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
f20c miata?
or an ls miata
i love the s2k but iono i wuldnt mind an f20c miata just cuz its a nice track car and nobody has a fixed up miata...around here
Old 11-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #50
Kaze_RSX
4-MMC OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by datazncarl View Post
f20c miata?
or an ls miata
i love the s2k but iono i wuldnt mind an f20c miata just cuz its a nice track car and nobody has a fixed up miata...around here
I'm sorry but F20c swaps are stupid. relative weight and cost you can just ls swap it. Moar powa. The shit your pants factor is priceless.
TiŽsto is #1 Crew #3