Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Rsx-S vs TSX... help?

Tags
rsxs tsx
37K views 89 replies 24 participants last post by  ishnathan 
#1 · (Edited)
*moved*

Alright so.. basically I don't know which car to get. I'm only 16, so obviously the insurance on the rsx is wayyyyy more.. like, almost double. But I find it to look better than the TSX. The tsx has four doors, and it's more of a 'luxury' car.... But I keep being told how eventually I will want the 4 door better because on long trips it is better, and you can hold more stuff or what not... I honestly have no idea which one to get, and apparently I need to decide soon. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks

#2 ·
i've seen some insane TSX's. if you wanna go that route go for it man. Would u get the 6 speed? Just don't get a new one i hate the new acura front ends

*edit*

then again this is crsx so rsx ftw! Type-S is the way to go unless you plan on swapping engines later on

#4 ·
ok before you go any further, explain body kits and spoilers you want. whats your plans? Don't get a nice first car and rice that thing out

#5 · (Edited)
#7 · (Edited)
well i have no idea if there are knockoff's of that kit like there are for the rsx, but a ton of people on here run knockoff bumpers, wheels etc. It can be good if you're young and on a budget like a lot of us are. Just save up your money, and keep it clean. You're young so honesty don't even worry about it. I spent over 2 grand on my first car and my little brother has it now, i'm never seeing that money again.

*edit*
Here's a link for you. A lot of guys on here have a nextmod rear lip

http://nextmod.com/webstore/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=172

#10 ·
Rsx-s ftw! :p

i would definitely go for the RSX-S but that's all me though, although its a bit annoying to get into 2-door cars, id still get it anyway. i'm only 19, and i don't have a family yet, so, needing a vehicle meant for like, family uses aren't really an issue for me at the time.

besides, i hate how the TSX/TL look, well, i mean, they look okay, but i love how the RSX looks more!

#11 ·
get PWP CGP or NBP! but def get MT.
my roomate has an 05 rsx-s and I have an 06 tsx. I don't really care much for the 4doors on the tsx and it is slower. But for a daily driver I would choose the tsx...if you can afford buying the mods! Just my opinion

Buy what makes you happy! research on tsxclub and crsx...and make your decision from there.

#16 ·
Ive had both cars I just got rid of my 04 tsx AT with bolt ons and I liked my type s way better but for performance, but as a daily driver I like the tsx but all around the rsx is more of a "drivers" car

#66 ·
x2. TSX is more comfortable. Good for daily and touring. I miss my Type-S, but then
again, it was basically a Type-R. Definitely fun to drive. But these days, most of my
driving is on really bad Michigan roads. If I still had the RSX, then it would probably
just sit in the garage most of the time.

By the way, I drove a TL before buying the TSX and I like the TSX better.

#20 ·
^ i got something to add to that, TSX is overlooked by crooked thieves. as long as you keep it clean you shouldnt have anything to worry about. otherwise just buy a Base RSX and in the future when you feel you need to, just simply do a K24 motor swap, insurance will still be cheaper compared to you buying a VIN # TypeS RSX!!

#23 ·
RSX Type S with Intake/RH/E can beat a 2010 TL SH-AWD.

So the Type S will be the fastest car with a few mods, and for being 16 a sweet car.
I'm 16 and I do not regret getting the RSX one bit.

#27 ·
so mod for mod the TL will always be faster. plus the TL will always have a better ride quality, interior quality, and interior space. but keep in mind i am 10 years older than you so i am basically an old man now. in a few years you will realize that money is better spent on modifying a RWD or AWD platform. i will never spend a dime on performance modifications for a FWD vehicle...again.

#30 · (Edited)
lol you obviously know nothing about either of your cars

fastest TL on drag times ran a 13.1@107, supercharged with nitrous....there are more then one NA rsx's that are as fast or faster then that, let alone boosted(also a bone stock 09 wrx pulled a faster et, but that is neither here nor there)

http://www.dragtimes.com/Acura-TL-Timeslip-9382.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.