RSX-S vs S2000 - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Honda S2000
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #76
steezysIIk
Team of rising sun!

steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
S2K AP2 driver here:
I have always wanted an RSX!!
I had the chance to choose any car and I choose my S2K and couldnt be happier.
The car is so well built from factory that any mods you throw on it, you can hardly feel. I dont know if thats a good thing but hey these things handle awsome from factory. Vtec hits very hard, There OEM suspension is great and even if you get coilovers such as buddyclubs,function and forms, etc... the car handles great unless you slam it and throw some hellaflush wheels on it.
My interior is in awsome condition and not one rattle from anything. I love this car to death and any s2000 owner will tell you the same !

here is mine.
DSC_0465 by steezysIIk, on Flickr
steezysIIk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #77
abuck

abuck is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
stock, the s2000 is faster I love the s2000 but rsx are pretty nice too !
abuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #78
Danish
Banned

Danish is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1ben View Post
an i/h/e/kpro RSX-S is usually equivalent in straight line with a stock, any year s2000.
just throw a i/e on the s2000 and it will dust the RSX again no problem.
lol no, not unless the owner of the RSX is driving with 1 leg

i/rh/e/kpro type s is going to walk on a stock s2000

stock for stock the s2k is faster
Danish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #79
Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
Expert Troll

Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road
indeed an the i/e wont do anything to the S2000, but again if you are worried about straight line speed buy something else..lol
Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #80
Danish
Banned

Danish is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSZER View Post
So I just ran my completely stock, for the exception of being lowered 2005 AP2 against my 05 Type S with CAI and a reflash.

From a 20 mph roll up ~90 the cars are both NECK AND NECK.

From a Dig the S2000 had about a car length on the Type S.

We did the runs multiple times and even both drivers (my friend and I) switched cars and the outcomes were basically the same.

Take it from me who owns BOTH cars, a Type S with minimal mods can keep up with a S2000.

=)
I've said it for awhile now, but haters wanna hate. Good job going out there and getting it done.
Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #81
Expert Troll

Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is on a distinguished road
not exactly sure who was hating, I knew reflashed rsx's could keep up with S2000s in 2002
Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #82
steezysIIk
Team of rising sun!

steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx steezysIIk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
bullshit a rsx will beat an s2k with those mods. Ive walked an rsx with i/h/e and i was bone stock with CAI and i walked him in 2nd gear...
Old 04-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #83
SpartanDC5
Sparta Killa DC5

SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezysIIk View Post
bullshit a rsx will beat an s2k with those mods. Ive walked an rsx with i/h/e and i was bone stock with CAI and i walked him in 2nd gear...
I've beat clearly a few s2ks when I just had I/h/e. My whole set-up has now changed.
Maybe the driver just sucked or it was a base lol with a type-s badge in the rear lol idk.
Plus a friend of mine with just CAI and EXHAUST lost to a s2k couple times by a car.
S2ks are sexy but there more for turns than straight aways.
Daily 2015 Lexus IS-250 F-Sport
2014 BRZ-Limited Subaru
2002 Rsx-s k20a +240 whp
SpartanDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #84
steezysIIk
Team of rising sun!

still dont think so. s2ks do 14.2 on the 1/4 stock they dont have the best torque but they will murk on top end. im sure i can do high 13s in mine
Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #85
SpartanDC5
Sparta Killa DC5

SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpartanDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
still dont think so. s2ks do 14.2 on the 1/4 stock they dont have the best torque but they will murk on top end. im sure i can do high 13s in mine
Cute! Haha
I did 13.8 with I/h/e lol that was BEFORE kpro, cams, stage clutch, motor mounts, rbc, and a few other upgrades.
2014 BRZ-Limited Subaru
2002 Rsx-s k20a +240 whp
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #86
bsivoljr
Dafkup

bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacura585 View Post
stock for stock s2k in 1/4 mile. From a roll at all (yes i said roll because..) no matter what speed starting at..rsx all day.

s2k is a poor platform for performance. Even with full bolt ons it'll still only run a 13.6. rsx will do the same with kpro+tune. There is a larger market for performance for the rsx. Honda Tuning actually a few months ago had an article on a guy with an s2k who was highly disappointed with the power the s2k made even with a turbo that he swapped out the f22c for a k24a2.

If you read things like motortrend it clearly states that the rsx-s was marketed towards young men and was replaced by the si only because acura was becoming a luxury brand and not enough rsx's were sold to continue production .
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyjoint316 View Post
poor platform on ap1/ap2 ur smoking the good shit or fucking retarded. Dont be a fanboy like every rsx owner bc performance wise NA the s2k is maxed out from the factory. Thats why the convert vtec to IVTEC on the s2k and will run circles around a shitty ass rsx. DO NOT believe magazine articles bc inline pro has a 9 sec s2k doing a wheel stand. S2k has forged internals so its meant for boost. Gear ratios are fucking a hell of alot closer on a s2k than a rsx. The only thing the s2k sucks is the rear diff tends to give out at 300hp. Same issue on the rsx/si with 6 spd trans taking a shit or 3rd gear set not engaging.

also the driver of a s2k plays a factor. Alot different feel from a k series, throw, clutch engagement ect ect.

Now I wouldn't say he took the words out of my mouth but he is right in terms of responsiveness. Everyone deep in the Honda world knows the S2K F series engine is not very responsive. I would buy another AWD or RWD platform before I purchase the S2K yes it's sexy but not enough to outweigh the lack of mod response. It is very well tuned from factory this is known. Were also talking about RSX's. OK I get it. I know the guy who swapped his S2K with the K24a2. It's not necessarily the RSX that responds better it's the K series engine. The K24a2 or K24/k20Frank has a boatload more torque than the Fseries. Thats just the beginning. Now honestly I wouldn't say I'd pick an RSX over an S2K but thats also saying I'd pick the F over the K and that I wouldn't do. If I had the money I'd swap an S2K with a K24 but the RSX is also more Practical as everyone has mentioned.

I don't think AP1-2 owners buy them because they are faster necessarily anyway. Many buy them just for the status. I wouldn't care if it was faster or not

Last edited by bsivoljr; 04-04-2011 at 09:25 PM..
bsivoljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #87
SpartanDC5
Sparta Killa DC5

The reason s2ks are legit out of the box is mainly because they are tuned so well from factory and I/h/e from factory are also well done.
An rsx has a lot of potential because the tune is more of a street/conservative and I/h/e are also not so great.
Although the 05-06 did come with better exhaust.
2014 BRZ-Limited Subaru
2002 Rsx-s k20a +240 whp
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #88
Expert Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanDC5 View Post
Cute! Haha
I did 13.8 with I/h/e lol that was BEFORE kpro, cams, stage clutch, motor mounts, rbc, and a few other upgrades.
on street tires? bs
Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #89
steezysIIk
Team of rising sun!

If I did all those things to my S id spank you. But I don't want to hack my car like that id just boost it on 18 pounds and put down over 400whp
Old 04-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #90
Conan O'Brien

Conan O'Brien is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
feel like all everyone cares about is straight line speed. i plan on tracking my s2k for fun in the future because i love the feel of the car in the turns. no plans on modding it ever either...just keep really sticky tires on it.
2003 Acura RSX- RIP
Conan O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #91
steezysIIk
Team of rising sun!

X2 going straight is boring. If you can keep up on the turns then I give you props.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #92
Expert Troll

yeah i dont understand the obsession with straight line speed on this forum...wrong cars for it really
Old 04-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #93
bsivoljr
Dafkup

bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien View Post
feel like all everyone cares about is straight line speed. i plan on tracking my s2k for fun in the future because i love the feel of the car in the turns. no plans on modding it ever either...just keep really sticky tires on it.
Ironic because thats the only time you'll witness the speed of an S2K, otherwise it's also a torqueless pos that looks sexy
Torque gets you out of the hole

Last edited by bsivoljr; 04-04-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Old 04-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #94
Expert Troll

same with the RSX, you pretty much ruin it when u slap a giant turbo on it
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #95
steezysIIk
Team of rising sun!

Hana pos? Ok who gives a Damn about torque when ill catch and pass you in mid range
Old 04-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #96
bsivoljr
Dafkup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust View Post
same with the RSX, you pretty much ruin it when u slap a giant turbo on it
I've seen different. Come on

Quote:
Hana pos? Ok who gives a Damn about torque when ill catch and pass you in mid range
Guess Im not contributing much cause Im talking about a K24. A modded K24 is

Modded k24>Your Midrange+Top
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #97
Expert Troll

Quote:
torque is nice for daily driving but if you are thrashing the shit out of something high revs are more fun IMO
Old 04-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #98
bsivoljr
Dafkup

Quote:
torque is nice for daily driving but if you are thrashing the shit out of something high revs are more fun IMO
Yeah honestly if you know how to drive a high revving engine and can keep your torque up/rpms up while driving you can do well and I agree they are fun. Also AWD>RWD>FWD

Whish I has a Scoobi like you

Last edited by bsivoljr; 04-04-2011 at 10:45 PM..
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #99
Conan O'Brien

Conan O'Brien is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:

acceleration is only a small part of racing. if you can take a turn faster then you come out of the turn faster...
2003 Acura RSX- RIP
Conan O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #100
bsivoljr
Dafkup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien View Post

acceleration is only a small part of racing. if you can take a turn faster then you come out of the turn faster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72A_9enSwkk