Track *Chat* Part III - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-20-2016, 10:51 PM   #51
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Honda View Post
Not a fan of the FD2R? Not saying anything against the DC5 or DB8, but it's another option.
FD2R is better in my opinion simply for the fact that the steering arm isn't on the strut assembly
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #52
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
FD2 is still like $18k. I aint got FD2 money, nor would I be willing to spend it on a car out here unless it was something that could be brought back. $10k is my cap.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #53
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Damn 3rd segment of Track chat thread. Remember who starts this Zack ��

First time at Virginia Internationsl Raceway. Off to National Corvette Museum Motorsports park now!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=T4sDqNIUOmo
Instagram:JordanBryantDc5
Jordan Dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #54
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Dc5 View Post
Damn 3rd segment of Track chat thread. Remember who starts this Zack ��

First time at Virginia Internationsl Raceway. Off to National Corvette Museum Motorsports park now!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=T4sDqNIUOmo
2:13 first time at VIR

Cot damn that's fast dude, looking good.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #55
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copafeel87 View Post
2:13 first time at VIR

Cot damn that's fast dude, looking good.
Thanks brother! Should be in the 12s, just noticed that if I dropped it into 2nd gear heading onto the back straight, it should be way quicker. Have you driven the track?
Old 10-22-2016, 01:21 AM   #56
Copafeel87

Quote:
Thanks brother! Should be in the 12s, just noticed that if I dropped it into 2nd gear heading onto the back straight, it should be way quicker. Have you driven the track?
Nah, only the smaller Patriot course. Were you on Hoosiers or RRs? I plan on running that track my first time for Hyperfest in May. LMK if you are planning on coming for that, as I am trying to book a track-side villa.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #57
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
Nah, only the smaller Patriot course. Were you on Hoosiers or RRs? I plan on running that track my first time for Hyperfest in May. LMK if you are planning on coming for that, as I am trying to book a track-side villa.
Yeah I was on RRs. 325ibs over H1 comp weight, no front aero, and there is a lot of other little things I can do in H1 to help car go faster. Will only need to drop 150 pounds if I want to run the k24 which I probably will.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #58
Copafeel87

Quote:
Yeah I was on RRs. 325ibs over H1 comp weight, no front aero, and there is a lot of other little things I can do in H1 to help car go faster. Will only need to drop 150 pounds if I want to run the k24 which I probably will.
You should definitely go K24.

Top H1 times from Hyperfest of this year:

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/N...-3,%20STU).pdf

Old 10-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #59
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
You should definitely go K24.

Top H1 times from Hyperfest of this year:

Yeah I saw that. Next years set up will be way faster, especially there given they have 3 good straights and such a long lap. Im currently like 1 second off those guys pace at NCM with my shitty H1 set up.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #60
Copafeel87

Quote:
Yeah I saw that. Next years set up will be way faster, especially there given they have 3 good straights and such a long lap. Im currently like 1 second off those guys pace at NCM with my shitty H1 set up.
Nice dude. When is competition school?
Old 10-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #61
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
Nice dude. When is competition school?
First event of the year for Midwest, think Mid O, my favorite track by far.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #62
Copafeel87

Quote:
First event of the year for Midwest, think Mid O, my favorite track by far.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #63
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Well, after tape measuring and staring at tire size information for about an hour, I'm pretty sure I can get 245/40/17 RS3s on all four corners without having to roll the fenders. The seam for the quarter panels hangs over the rear tires right now, and if I haven't rubbed yet then I doubt I will going with a tire that's slightly shorter in height. It'll be more hella flush in the back than I would care for, but fuck it I guess. I can deal with some hella flushness to gain the ability to rotate tires. I'll be running some 215/45/17 crap tires in the back for gymkhana events anyways.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:56 AM   #64
Copafeel87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Well, after tape measuring and staring at tire size information for about an hour, I'm pretty sure I can get 245/40/17 RS3s on all four corners without having to roll the fenders. The seam for the quarter panels hangs over the rear tires right now, and if I haven't rubbed yet then I doubt I will going with a tire that's slightly shorter in height. It'll be more hella flush in the back than I would care for, but fuck it I guess. I can deal with some hella flushness to gain the ability to rotate tires. I'll be running some 215/45/17 crap tires in the back for gymkhana events anyways.
I still find it very asinine to not even attempt a mild roll, rather than take the chance of rubbing/damaging your shit.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #65
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

If it rubs, I'll just pound the seam flat with my 5lbs dead blow hammer. I gave up on using fender rollers years ago. Spent like three hours pulling the rear panel on my S14 only to fuck up my back and then figure out that I could get the same effect with far less effort with using a BFH.

Also, finally finished tuning this car for the most part. Just gotta get the VTEC part throttle stuffed cleaned up. I'll probably go back through the maps and clean it up a bit later, but the car is now raceable. My Greddy 3-in-1 gauge took a shit on my though. I've been having issues with the oil pressure not working right, but now it just bounces back and forth from 10 bar to 0. Gonna replace it with some 52mm Defi gauges, but I need to sell some stuff to make that happen as I will have spent a lot of money on this car between now and January. Still need to buy tires, rotors, rear pads, need alignment, and I have my inspection coming up in the beginning of January.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 10-30-2016 at 10:59 AM..
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:29 PM   #66
Xander
Stupid Long Manatees

Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though
I'm hoping to get an autocross event or two in next summer
Old 11-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #67
warmmilk
Fat Free

good news! my sister is getting married and my parents wanna buy her a car as a wedding gift, so looks like I'll be getting the RSX back! I'm thinking of turning it into a rallyx car... (autox version of rally, not a global rallycross 600hp awd monster).

basically get softer springs for the fortune auto coilovers on there, raise it up for ground clearance, and some snow tires on 16" wheels... or something

It has 10k/14k springs on it now, initial thought was to move the 10k to the rear and get something softer for the front. but I think the spring is too long..

Last edited by warmmilk; 11-07-2016 at 07:41 PM..
Old 11-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #68
Copafeel87

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
good news! my sister is getting married and my parents wanna buy her a car as a wedding gift, so looks like I'll be getting the RSX back! I'm thinking of turning it into a rallyx car... (autox version of rally, not a global rallycross 600hp awd monster).

basically get softer springs for the fortune auto coilovers on there, raise it up for ground clearance, and some snow tires on 16" wheels... or something

It has 10k/14k springs on it now, initial thought was to move the 10k to the rear and get something softer for the front. but I think the spring is too long..
Welcome back sir
Old 11-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #69
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Welcome back sir
not set in stone yet, but thanks
Old 11-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #70
warmmilk
Fat Free

got some new parts for the Miata

with custom spring rates (still waiting on the Swift springs to get here)

Old 11-29-2016, 01:18 AM   #71
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

My Ohlins came with stickers
Old 11-29-2016, 01:41 AM   #72
Pholai

Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pholai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
got some new parts for the Miata

with custom spring rates (still waiting on the Swift springs to get here)

Ohlins
Pholai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:02 PM   #73
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
My Ohlins came with stickers
I got both
Old 11-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #74
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Old 11-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #75
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post
haha, pretty much... but after driving a Miata with Ohlins on it, I was sold. Ride quality is on a different scale compared to my Fox setup. Ohlins have about 125lb stiffer front and 50lb softer rear springs. 12k/7k on Ohlins and 550/450 lb/in on Fox.

Although I will say, I like the spring perch design better on the Fox coilovers. The Ohlins use the standard 2 locking rings with the annoying spanner wrenches. Fox uses one ring with an allen head bolt that clamps the ring around the shock body.